Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #766
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,899
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Apparently the Unitas family is somewhat dysfunctional...and, in other news, some of them don't like the choice of Flacco.

Y! SPORTS
I honestly don't see the resemblance at all. And for God sakes, if you're making a movie, why not get an actual actor? It's just stupid...
mbedner3420 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #767
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,121
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

I thought he's just playing him for the on field action?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #768
Special Teams
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 125
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I thought he's just playing him for the on field action?
he is . . .
SkinsGuru is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #769
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

@nfltrade_rumors: Report: Eric Winston, Cowboys In Contract Negoations NFL Trade Rumors - Report: Eric Winston, Cowboys In Contract Negoations NFL Trade Rumors - | :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #770
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
@nfltrade_rumors: Report: Eric Winston, Cowboys In Contract Negoations NFL Trade Rumors - Report: Eric Winston, Cowboys In Contract Negoations NFL Trade Rumors - | :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
let's look at some facts:
- MS/BA have made no effort or the very minimal at best to get him the two times he has been available
- two seperate teams felt he was not worth a roster spot
- JJ is looking at a discarded big name vet so he doesn't have to draft OL in the draft

I just don't understand why this would cause any Redskins fan to vomit.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #771
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 27
Posts: 12,183
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
let's look at some facts:
- MS/BA have made no effort or the very minimal at best to get him the two times he has been available
- two seperate teams felt he was not worth a roster spot
- JJ is looking at a discarded big name vet so he doesn't have to draft OL in the draft

I just don't understand why this would cause any Redskins fan to vomit.
Not to mention he's 30, so it's not like he's going to stabilize one of their tackle positions for the next decade, let alone another 5 years. And if they give him a large annual salary, it will only bloat their cap further. I doubt this late in FA that he's getting a big money deal, but I don't think he'll be getting vet min either.
mooby is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #772
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,575
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Winston wasnt good last year. Like CRed says above, cut by 2 teams in the last 2 years says something. Especially being cut by the Chiefs.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #773
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 86,121
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Sources: Cowboys are not in negotiations with OT Eric Winston and do not plan to pursue at this time | Dallas Cowboys Blog
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #774
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,788
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Smart of them to address the need in the draft.
__________________
"...there's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1-9-15

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #775
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

For those saying negative things about Winston, I guarantee you if you saw the news saying "redskins sign Eric Winston" you all will be tooting your horns a lot differently than they sound now.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #776
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,510
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

if we signed him for vet min, sure. if we signed him for 10M a year, i'd be mad.

chase minnifield.
fire shannahan.
---
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #777
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 27
Posts: 12,183
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
if we signed him for vet min, sure. if we signed him for 10M a year, i'd be mad.

chase minnifield.
fire shannahan.
---
This. If it was a below market value, 1-3 year deal with minimal cap penalties in event of release, I wouldn't be upset about it. If it was a "restructure 5 guys so we can give him 8 mil per for 5 seasons" kinda deal, I'd be disappointed. I think he's this FA's example of a name guy, whose name has gotten bigger than his value. Only difference is there aren't any teams out there willing to give him a big deal.
mooby is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #778
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,303
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
This. If it was a below market value, 1-3 year deal with minimal cap penalties in event of release, I wouldn't be upset about it. If it was a "restructure 5 guys so we can give him 8 mil per for 5 seasons" kinda deal, I'd be disappointed. I think he's this FA's example of a name guy, whose name has gotten bigger than his value. Only difference is there aren't any teams out there willing to give him a big deal.
This.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #779
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,142
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
For those saying negative things about Winston, I guarantee you if you saw the news saying "redskins sign Eric Winston" you all will be tooting your horns a lot differently than they sound now.
I promise you I wouldn't, not for what he was asking, and not with our (ie DS) history of chasing named guys. It would harken back to worse times that our FO seems to be gone from, but not all of our fanbase. We have drafted OL, keep drafting, find your guys, keep them in house.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #780
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Around the NFL Off - Season style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
For those saying negative things about Winston, I guarantee you if you saw the news saying "redskins sign Eric Winston" you all will be tooting your horns a lot differently than they sound now.
Since I don't have a man-crush on Winston like you do, I don't really care if we sign him or not. To sign him means adding a capable tackle. Not signing him means we have Compton or Pashos at RT (with Trueblood in reserve) and I'm good with that outcome.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26536 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25