Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (4) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,014
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think it makes sense for the redskins to be looking, because between politics, construction and miscellaneous delays, due diligence in finding solid prospective sites is reasonable. But the concept that they would abandon maryland and dc fans for anything further than a site in NoVA is not gonna gain much traction.
Don't we still have 12 years left on the Fedex lease? I agree with you about due diligence but 12 years early seems to me to be jumping the gun. A lot can happen to any prospective site in 12 years.

Also, I agree with you that NoVa is as far away as the team will go into my home state of VA.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Don't we still have 12 years left on the Fedex lease? I agree with you about due diligence but 12 years early seems to me to be jumping the gun. A lot can happen to any prospective site in 12 years.

Also, I agree with you that NoVa is as far away as the team will go into my home state of VA.
Yeah you are right it is 12 years so maybe revisit this in 2020...
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #34
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,240
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
What do the MD-based posters on extremeskins think of this issue?!?!?!?!


You would have to go there and ask them.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
Registered User
 
KERRAKPO9198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Crozet, VA
Posts: 115
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

I know there's got to be some Virginians in here that would like to see the Skins playing on Sundays in the state of VA?
KERRAKPO9198 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,433
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,240
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRAKPO9198 View Post
I know there's got to be some Virginians in here that would like to see the Skins playing on Sundays in the state of VA?

....just have them turn on their TV's.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #38
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRAKPO9198 View Post
I know there's got to be some Virginians in here that would like to see the Skins playing on Sundays in the state of VA?
I'm lived in Virginia for most of my life. I want the redskins to keep the training camp in our state so theres less traffic, than in Maryland on gamedays. I would hate to live anywhere in a mile radius of FedEx on gamedays with that traffic. Keep that awful traffic in crappy PG county, than in nice Fairfax County for example.

And I'm one of those people you would have to pay me to go to a redskins game; I'm too happy watching it in the comfort of my own home.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #39
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,878
so your point with all those links is that you are stalking all the redskin board with this same post and trying to build it up?

I don't know about anyone else here, but the warpath for me is not about agendas, just simple football talk. even though I complimented the post at first now it just seems a bit whorish.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,014
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Just like shouting does not make an argument more valid, posting many links does not make your pointless non-issue into an issue. As CRed indicated, bring it up again in the year 2020, when there might be some relevance.


BTW I am from Virginia and love the state.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #41
Registered User
 
KERRAKPO9198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Crozet, VA
Posts: 115
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

http://cippinonsports.com/wp-content...fl-fan-map.jpg Virginia is Redskins Country

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...4bvo1_1280.jpg NFL TV market map
KERRAKPO9198 is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #42
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,014
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Heck of a first post. This was so critical that you had to spam the board with 10 useless one liners eh?

Where does everyone stand on this?

Perhaps it is time to revisit this question. My thumb is down.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Football is full of traditions, this team is and will always be the Washinton Redskins. That is never going to change.

Making the assumption that all MD people are Ravens fan is pretty idiotic IMO. The team wouldn't be stupid enough to lose a fan base in DC and MD by moving the team to VA. The team and its facilities are always going to be somewhere in the DC area, accesible to fans from all three areas.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
At the same time, the team didn't lose their VA fan base when they moved the stadium to MD, so I'm not sure why the assumption would be that they would lose their DC and MD fans if the team moved into VA? The team's facilities are located in VA now anyway, just stone's throw away from DC. And Being a life long VA resident up until just recently, VA is anything but Luke warm to the Redskins and pro football in general. Anyone thinking otherwise knows nothing about the state.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #44
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,404
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
At the same time, the team didn't lose their VA fan base when they moved the stadium to MD, so I'm not sure why the assumption would be that they would lose their DC and MD fans if the team moved into VA? The team's facilities are located in VA now anyway, just stone's throw away from DC. And Being a life long VA resident up until just recently, VA is anything but Luke warm to the Redskins and pro football in general. Anyone thinking otherwise knows nothing about the state.
As someone stated, if the team were to move to No. VA, I don't think it would affect the fans much. This person that started the thread pretty much is saying that the Redskins ownership should cut ties with the DC and MD fans and move the team to VA, which to mean it would mean moving the team to a place like Richmond.

And being a lifelong DC Metropolitan area resident, I can tell anyone that:

a. There are many people native to DC that are Redskins fan (and who still live in the city)

b. All MD fans are NOT Ravens fans.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #45
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,404
Re: Are the Redskins becoming more of a Virginia based team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Heck of a first post. This was so critical that you had to spam the board with 10 useless one liners eh?

Where does everyone stand on this?

Here's my answer....



Let this kid take his stupid threads to Extremeskins.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30953 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25