Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #31
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,543
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The more TE's that sign, and I really haven't heard FD's name out there in the twitterverse, makes me think the reality of injury/suspension risk may keep him here. The Skins are trying to do right, but it's reasonable to test the market. I think the market is telling Fred he is best served staying as a Skin. One thing to believe, is that if he gets a 2-3 year "lowball" deal (not real low, just not top 5 TE stuff) then he will still be in his prime, have the Skins on his side, and we won't be hampered by a cap penalty. In other words, biding his time, betting on himself, and the Skins willingness to pay their own, could be a long term win for both sides. Of course I doubt much of that will go into his decision making.
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Browns could still make more deals today. Have some interest in Redskins TE Fred Davis
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #32
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,813
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

I know sometimes, understandably, it's just a money thing, but seriously, for your long term career status who would you want throwing you the ball:

A) RGIII, Capt Kirk

or

B) Brandon Weeden, ???

I hope RGIII can use some of his charisma on FD's return chances
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #33
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,742
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The more TE's that sign, and I really haven't heard FD's name out there in the twitterverse, makes me think the reality of injury/suspension risk may keep him here. The Skins are trying to do right, but it's reasonable to test the market. I think the market is telling Fred he is best served staying as a Skin. One thing to believe, is that if he gets a 2-3 year "lowball" deal (not real low, just not top 5 TE stuff) then he will still be in his prime, have the Skins on his side, and we won't be hampered by a cap penalty. In other words, biding his time, betting on himself, and the Skins willingness to pay their own, could be a long term win for both sides. Of course I doubt much of that will go into his decision making.
Great POINTS!

His numbers are going be bigger on this team then say CLE. I mean would we have know a guy named Bill Cartwright if he had not played with Micheal Jordan?

Hopefully F. Davis sees the big picture in his decision making.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
Special Teams
 
takethecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 26
Posts: 281
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Yep, a lot of this talk really goes to show how much of a difference maker an RG3-type player can be for your franchise. Not only do you have one of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL, but he also keeps guys around and can help persuade FAs to come aboard (Pierre Garcon?). If sexy rexy was still our QB going forward, I think 'Zo and FD would have already made up their minds to go elsewhere...
takethecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #35
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Well the good news is if FD goes to another team we could just extend Cooley's contract. No reason Cooley could not double or triple his production from last year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #36
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,782
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well the good news is if FD goes to another team we could just extend Cooley's contract. No reason Cooley could not double or triple his production from last year.
You mean Cooley might have three whole catches?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,543
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Cooley is done, didn't everyone get that memo seeing him last season?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #38
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You mean Cooley might have three whole catches?
LOL that might be pushing things a little.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #39
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,024
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Cooley is done, didn't everyone get that memo seeing him last season?
/facepalm

I'm still amazed that people haven't let go or seen the obvious truth.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #40
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Facepalm

I'm amazed after he had only one catch last year people could not tell that was a joke when I said he might be able to double or triple his production over last year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,543
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Facepalm

I'm amazed after he had only one catch last year people could not tell that was a joke when I said he might be able to double or triple his production over last year.
Yeah I figured that was the case, just getting ahead of things though. It's inevitable that someone is going to bring up CC as a possible solution at TE if Davis leaves.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #42
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,584
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

If Niles Paul can learn to be more consistent with his catching the ball, then I think the 'skins will be OK with Paulsen and Paul as their tight ends.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,742
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

For the record Cooley is a Free Agent.

Currently meeting with as many teams as everyone on this board.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,330
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
If Niles Paul can learn to be more consistent with his catching the ball, then I think the 'skins will be OK with Paulsen and Paul as their tight ends.
No way.
We'll be screwed if that happens.
We'll draft a TE in the 5th round to compete with these guys.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #45
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,876
Re: 4:00 Free Agent Shot Caller

Escobar from San Diego state. If he goes to the right team he will be a stud.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25916 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25