Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #406
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,884
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

I expect the Skins to sign Winfield. That's because I don't think he would have stayed in the D.C. area this long (even though his agent has been sick) unless he had a strong interest in playing for the Skins.

I agree with those who think he would be a very good short term solution at CB.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #407
Impact Rookie
 
81forHOF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt Holly Springs, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 567
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

[QUOTE=The Goat;1000911]Nonsense. Urlacher isn't the QB of that defense and can't hold a candle to Fletcher today.

Exactly. Fletcher is playing out of his mind and Urlacher is a shadow of his former self.
__________________
81 is where he belongs!
81forHOF is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #408
Impact Rookie
 
81forHOF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt Holly Springs, PA
Age: 42
Posts: 567
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Really like this off-season so far. If we manage to somehow pick up a solid corner I would be very pleased.

I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but does anyone else feel that the salary cap penalty the last two years was kind of a blessing in disguise? I mean it forced us to get fiscally responsible, kept us from over spending on high priced free agents and made us focus on building through the draft. The free agents we have picked up are more to solidify and add depth to our team as opposed to making a huge free agency splash.
__________________
81 is where he belongs!
81forHOF is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #409
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,774
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

The only problem with Fletcher is he's a short term solution. Maybe we should get an ILB in the draft, he could spend this year learning from Fletcher.
__________________
"...there's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1-9-15

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #410
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Aside from the first 2 games, Fred was a beast before he got hurt. He wasn't making many plays down the field or in the redzone but he was a first down machine for us. True, without having Garcon on the field it was hard to truly see what impact he could have being matched up only on a LB but the potential is unreal.

Think about it from a defensive coordinator standpoint.. You have to account for a 1,600 yard back in Morris, a potential game breaking WR in Garcon, chain movers in Morgan and Hankerson AND a big, fast TE in Davis.. Oh, BTW there's that QB with 67% accuracy, a cannon for an arm who just still may run faster than most of the players on your defense..

I'm lovin it.
Salivating!
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #411
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81forHOF View Post
Really like this off-season so far. If we manage to somehow pick up a solid corner I would be very pleased.

I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but does anyone else feel that the salary cap penalty the last two years was kind of a blessing in disguise? I mean it forced us to get fiscally responsible, kept us from over spending on high priced free agents and made us focus on building through the draft. The free agents we have picked up are more to solidify and add depth to our team as opposed to making a huge free agency splash.
I think moreso praise should be given in tons to the FO. They showed the restraint regardless of the penalty. We could have done a lot of upfront restructuring and extending of contracts at the start of FA that would have simply kept pushing the penalty forward, They made hard decisions and stuck with a general philosophy that looks at more than just this year.

good job skins
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #412
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 32
Posts: 8,270
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81forHOF View Post
Really like this off-season so far. If we manage to somehow pick up a solid corner I would be very pleased.

I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but does anyone else feel that the salary cap penalty the last two years was kind of a blessing in disguise? I mean it forced us to get fiscally responsible, kept us from over spending on high priced free agents and made us focus on building through the draft. The free agents we have picked up are more to solidify and add depth to our team as opposed to making a huge free agency splash.
I agree with CRedskins. I think it has a lot more to do with the changes to the front office than with not having money. There were a lot of contracts we could have restructured to push money into future years. Instead we made some hard choices. Cut some veterans and asked others to take pay cuts, not restructures. We're setting ourselves up for being competitive going forward. There's nothing wrong with getting some big name FAs, you just want to make sure they're on the right side of 30 before signing them.

I would have loved a shot at some of the CBs out there this year, because it fills a need. We didn't have it, the FO stayed disciplined and found value.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #413
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,765
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

I am glad to see Fred Davis re-sign with the Redskins. I also want to give out kudos to the front office. This is not the free spending FO that it once was.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #414
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,884
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

No, it wasn't a blessing in disguise. It hurt us. It probably cost us a chance at signing Vincent Jackson last season and a chance at signing a top-notch RT to help protect RGIII this season.

I think that the Skins are a well-managed team now. And I believe that the Skins executives would have made wise and prudent decisions if we had not been penalized by the NFL.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #415
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
No, it wasn't a blessing in disguise. It hurt us. It probably cost us a chance at signing Vincent Jackson last season and a chance at signing a top-notch RT to help protect RGIII this season.

I think that the Skins are a well-managed team now. And I believe that the Skins executives would have made wise and prudent decisions if we had not been penalized by the NFL.
This. We're also poised to do a lot in 2014 if the right opportunities are there.
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #416
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

I think I'm most excited to see how Kory 'Steiger performs. It'd be nice if we could have a Pro-Bowler from the internal line.
12thMan is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #417
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,774
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think I'm most excited to see how Kory 'Steiger performs. It'd be nice if we could have a Pro-Bowler from the internal line.
Will Montgomery may not have been a Pro Bowler, but he was a heck of a player last year. Unspoken hero.
__________________
"...there's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1-9-15

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #418
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,861
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Under Bruce Allen the team had already done a complete 180 from the Vinny days in terms of spending, bad contracts, trading away picks, etc. The cap penalty didn't change the way they had been operating.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #419
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,154
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Nonsense. Urlacher isn't the QB of that defense and can't hold a candle to Fletcher today.

If we're serious about being a competitive team in 2013 Fletcher has to be on the roster/field.
Glad he's back cause we need him, but they need to get Robinson some reps in the worst way. I would take Fletch out on obvious passing downs and let Robinson start to get his feet wet.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #420
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,154
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Aside from the first 2 games, Fred was a beast before he got hurt. He wasn't making many plays down the field or in the redzone but he was a first down machine for us. True, without having Garcon on the field it was hard to truly see what impact he could have being matched up only on a LB but the potential is unreal.

Think about it from a defensive coordinator standpoint.. You have to account for a 1,600 yard back in Morris, a potential game breaking WR in Garcon, chain movers in Morgan and Hankerson AND a big, fast TE in Davis.. Oh, BTW there's that QB with 67% accuracy, a cannon for an arm who just still may run faster than most of the players on your defense..

I'm lovin it.
It looks great on paper....plus don't forget about Robinson. I'd like to see him take the next step and become more of a complete wr.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28298 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25