Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #436
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Not sure I was championing for Urlacher's signing, more of pointing out that if Chicago wouldn't even keep their future HoFer for 3 mil, than why the hell are we keeping Fletch for over 5+ mil? Urlacher statistically rated better than Fletcher did last season. I would rather have Urlacher at 2.5 mil than Fletcher at 5.9 mil.







Uhh....wut?


Not sure you quite understand, so let me put it another way.

Urlacher missed games in only 3 years of his 14 year career. Those 3 years were 2004, 2009, 2012. Not sue how those 3 years were in the past 3 years. Did you not look at the link to his stat page?

Now, your claim is he misses games every year isn't just far fetched, it's ridiculous.
I just go off of recent memory. I know he had a wrist injury which he missed time and I may be getting that year and another year mixed up with missing lots of games. He is not what he used to be. Ill pass on him unless he wants a vet min contract.
CultBrennan59 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #437
Another Year, another mess.
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,465
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

We already have an aged vetran in the middle, I don't see the point in adding another. Bringing in a young guy to learn behind Fletch on the other hand is a great idea.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #438
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,172
so any word on what FDavis contract is? and any word on Winfield?

Wouldn't surprise me to learn TW restructured to clear room for FDavis. I just get the sense that he Fred and Griffin have strong bonds amongst them
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #439
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
so any word on what FDavis contract is? and any word on Winfield?

Wouldn't surprise me to learn TW restructured to clear room for FDavis. I just get the sense that he Fred and Griffin have strong bonds amongst them
No word on FDs contract other than its a 1 year deal. And Winfield according to John Keim and the other twitter redskin bloggers is reportedly vacationing and will take his time deciding between us, Minnesota and Denver (whom he hasn't reportedly visited yet). He could sign in the next couple of hours. He could sign in the next couple of weeks. Don't hold your breath.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #440
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Per the criticism of Fletch, especially regarding his tackle stats, allow me to retort.

When we run the more traditional 3-4 base, especially on early downs, you have to account for the fact we don't have a D line that commands multiple double-teams, and sometimes not even one double-team. Bowen is probably our best D lineman, and while I've seen o lines assign two blockers to him it's not consistent because a good LT will handle Bowen alone. There's certainly nobody on the D-line who offensive lines consistently see fit to assign two blockers. In short, there's always, always at least one o-lineman, and often two o-lineman headed to the 2nd level to block and they obviously key on Fletch.

Compare that to the D lines of Pitt and Baltimore, both having personnel up front always requiring two blockers. And the bottom line is something I've said a long time:
We...don't...have...the...right...personnel to run the 3-4 successfully. Period. If our base front 7 was always Kerrigan, Cofield, Turd Ferguson, Orakpo on the line and Riley, Fletcher, Rob Jackson behind we'd be a better run-stopping defense and most definitely a better pressure defense.

Regardless, our run defense isn't as bad as this one stat would lead someone to believe. Most of the time when Fletch gets blocked Riley or another steps into the gap to make the tackle, so focusing on this one stat is like staring at a tree in the forest. Secondary was/is the real problem, and that has everything to do with lacking a FS who can capitalize on bad throws etc.
The Goat is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #441
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,172
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
No word on FDs contract other than its a 1 year deal. And Winfield according to John Keim and the other twitter redskin bloggers is reportedly vacationing and will take his time deciding between us, Minnesota and Denver (whom he hasn't reportedly visited yet). He could sign in the next couple of hours. He could sign in the next couple of weeks. Don't hold your breath.
thx
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #442
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

@corryjoel Fred Davis' one-year deal is worth up to $3.75M ($1.5M signing bonus, $1M base salary & $1.25M in incentives).
12thMan is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #443
Another Year, another mess.
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,465
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Grimes deal may raise the price on Winfield
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #444
Special Teams
 
heybigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 375
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
And the Eagles have a joke of a coach and no quarterback to speak of. The Giants already seemed to be on the decline and lost a number of key players.

The skins are poised to dominate the division for years to come.
Hey man, I have to say that while I wish the Giants are on decline, I don't think that is an accurate statement.

They have been drafting best player available for a long time now, and there roster shows. Guys, like David Wilson and Rueben Randle (1st and 2nd rounder last year) are two weapons that are waiting to explode and it could be argued that JPP is the best defensive player in the division.

They have all there draft picks this year, and last December they CRUSHED the 49ers.

We should give them the proper respect for building a lot of talent through the draft and having 2 SB rings with Eli.

I am a hardcore Skins fan, but I don't think we should overrate our roster that has RG3, a pretty mediocre OL and Defensive talent and act like the Giants aren't a threat....
__________________
Hail to the Redskins.
heybigstar is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #445
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
@corryjoel Fred Davis' one-year deal is worth up to $3.75M ($1.5M signing bonus, $1M base salary & $1.25M in incentives).
Assume the incentives are NLTBE for cap purposes (otherwise, we'd be over the cap), so we're back under $1 million of cap room now.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #446
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 30
Posts: 14,750
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Great, the woman beater is back.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #447
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,515
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
We already have an aged vetran in the middle, I don't see the point in adding another. Bringing in a young guy to learn behind Fletch on the other hand is a great idea.
We already have a young MLB behind London he got hurt against the Cowboys in Dallas. His name is Keenan Robinson out of UT. He is coming back from a pec injury. He is nice against the pass and very athletic.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #448
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,345
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybigstar View Post
Hey man, I have to say that while I wish the Giants are on decline, I don't think that is an accurate statement.

They have been drafting best player available for a long time now, and there roster shows. Guys, like David Wilson and Rueben Randle (1st and 2nd rounder last year) are two weapons that are waiting to explode and it could be argued that JPP is the best defensive player in the division.

They have all there draft picks this year, and last December they CRUSHED the 49ers.

We should give them the proper respect for building a lot of talent through the draft and having 2 SB rings with Eli.

I am a hardcore Skins fan, but I don't think we should overrate our roster that has RG3, a pretty mediocre OL and Defensive talent and act like the Giants aren't a threat....
In my opinion Jerry Reese is one of the top 2 GM's in the NFL, just check his resume and draft picks.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #449
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 794
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Love the FDavis signing. But was reading articles about Achille's ruptures, and this is still not a sure thing.. 1 out of 3 Achille's injuries don't ever play again in NFL, and the ones that make it back are usually limited. FDavis is still limping and Shanahan is hoping for him to be "80-90%" of what he was.

Quote:
“If you can come back at 80 percent, that’s still pretty good”. Shanahan said. “You’re shooting for 90 percent, but very seldom do you come back at 100 percent.”

Davis Signs, But Can He Shine? - Son of Washington
Hoping everyone heals well - RG / FD / BO..
ethat001 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #450
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,722
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
Love the FDavis signing. But was reading articles about Achille's ruptures, and this is still not a sure thing.. 1 out of 3 Achille's injuries don't ever play again in NFL, and the ones that make it back are usually limited. FDavis is still limping and Shanahan is hoping for him to be "80-90%" of what he was.



Hoping everyone heals well - RG / FD / BO..
Right, so the one year deal protects us well. Obviously if Fred shines, the big contract awaits. Hope he comes back and can deliver with his potential.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28704 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25