Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #586
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

A QB similar to RG3 is one who's deadly accurate. Cousins, White, and Grossman are far from that.
RGIII is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #587
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,536
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
A QB similar to RG3 is one who's deadly accurate. Cousins, White, and Grossman are far from that.
Why do you have Cousins in the same group as White and Grossman? Cousins is miles above them. He could start for a lot of teams.

You say he's not deadly accurate? How about 69% completion with 101.6 rating?
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #588
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,458
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I agree the offense can be just as potent, but it can't be the same offense if that makes sense.

Make no mistake, the offense we ran last year will produce diminishing marginal returns. The diminution is the only question. The main factors here are defensive adjustments and RG's overall health/confidence in his ability to plant, cut, push off.

Some of us are still hoping the gimmick plays were more a reaction to the (horrible) pass-blocking than Shanahan's determination to make our franchise player into a running QB.
I am confident the 16 D-coordinators we faced in the regular season thought the same thing.......interesting
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #589
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
A QB similar to RG3 is one who's deadly accurate. Cousins, White, and Grossman are far from that.
I beg to differ. Kirk Cousins is very accurate. White is 0/5 for his entire career on pass attempts but isn't saying much. White was a 2nd round pick so he has to be at least somewhat good.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #590
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

You guys are apparently missing the part where he said A QB similar to RG3...

Meaning a super athletic QB that can run and well as pass.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #591
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

A QB "similar" to RGIII would be a starter on most teams. I dont see how we could have a backup that runs the EXACT same offense RGIII does because RGIII is a unique talent.

In reality, every NFL offense is is tuned to the skills of its starting QB. No team has a starter and backup of equivalent talent, equivalent strengths, and equivalent weaknesses. Therefore, every single NFL team has to tweak its offense to some degree when the backup is playing. In that context, I honestly think Cousins is about as good a backup as we could hope for. He doesnt have the same athleticism as RGIII, but he can run 90% of the plays RGIII can. As we saw last year, he can be very effective, too.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #592
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,536
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You guys are apparently missing the part where he said A QB similar to RG3...

Meaning a super athletic QB that can run and well as pass.
He also said Cousins was far from being deadly accurate. Bullsh#t. But I know what you mean.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #593
New HC, new hope!
 
RedskinRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: I'm in LA, trick!
Posts: 8,702
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Rex Grossman resigns with the Redskins!

Dynasty!
RedskinRat is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #594
Start RG

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,904
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Redskins bring back Rex Grossman, again | ProFootballTalk
CrazyCanuck is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #595
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I agree the offense can be just as potent, but it can't be the same offense if that makes sense.

Make no mistake, the offense we ran last year will produce diminishing marginal returns. The diminution is the only question. The main factors here are defensive adjustments and RG's overall health/confidence in his ability to plant, cut, push off.

Some of us are still hoping the gimmick plays were more a reaction to the (horrible) pass-blocking than Shanahan's determination to make our franchise player into a running QB.
I seriously don't understand why, after a full season on this board, and with several excellent football discussions of the specifics about the Shanahan stretch run offense tied to the zone read offense thru use of the pistol, some people still call it an attempt to make Griffin into a "running qb". Griffin is a qb. He runs. Those two facts together do not equal the dreaded running qb syndrome.

There are 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense. If you force the defense to play against the whole field, you have a higher percentage of winning plays. It really isn't complicated and it isn't some plot to ruin the health of an outstanding young talent.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #596
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,004
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Wrecks has nine lives.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #597
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I seriously don't understand why, after a full season on this board, and with several excellent football discussions of the specifics about the Shanahan stretch run offense tied to the zone read offense thru use of the pistol, some people still call it an attempt to make Griffin into a "running qb". Griffin is a qb. He runs. Those two facts together do not equal the dreaded running qb syndrome.

There are 11 guys on offense and 11 guys on defense. If you force the defense to play against the whole field, you have a higher percentage of winning plays. It really isn't complicated and it isn't some plot to ruin the health of an outstanding young talent.
You should have just slapped him with one of these

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop

Last edited by Mattyk; 04-03-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #598
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I am confident the 16 D-coordinators we faced in the regular season thought the same thing.......interesting
We didn't face 16 D coordinators
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #599
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,104
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
We didn't face 16 D coordinators
Being a little nitpicky eh? 16 d-coordinators, 13 d-coordinators, not a big difference.
mooby is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #600
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 746
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Yes we can find an RG3 clone to be our backup, it should be no problem. The other 31 teams just missed him.

I am also under the impression that everyone runs the same plays every year. They just change the numbers a little, or maybe incorporate a little pig latin?
__________________
The Washington Redskins are a billion dollar NFL team that sold expired peanuts...
Evilgrin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29954 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25