Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #601
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
A scramble is moving out of the pocket to avoid a sack, most likely on a called passing play.
The difference is instead of being happy with a small yardage gain or just getting back to the line of scrimmage our hero is going to look for a path to the goal line instead. Thats where he gets himself in trouble.
Well at least we can finally agree what a scramble is. When he was hurt against Atlanta and Baltimore both times it came on scrambles. I completely agree he needs to be smarter when running. That was the point I was going to lead up to, that's it's not always the plays putting him in danger. He needs to do a better job at protecting himself when running.

The tough part is he's so dangerous when running, how do you find a middle ground when it comes to trying to make plays and being smart?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #602
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well at least we can finally agree what a scramble is. When he was hurt against Atlanta and Baltimore both times it came on scrambles. I completely agree he needs to be smarter when running. That was the point I was going to lead up to, that's it's not always the plays putting him in danger. He needs to do a better job at protecting himself when running.

The tough part is he's so dangerous when running, how do you find a middle ground when it comes to trying to make plays and being smart?
Every time he steps on the field he is at risk. It is like having a exotic car must of the time you drive it safe but some times you got take it for a risky spin.

You can't ever tell him not to take risk in the scramble/running department because that is what makes him dangerous to opposing defenses.

God I can't wait for him to be 100% and ready to tear this league up again.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #603
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,133
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Yep, its mostly on him to make more mature decisions when he leaves the pocket.
As far as Kyle calling a QB run, I would not be in favor of that unless a VERY important game was on the line.
Bob has birdie legs, need to keep those out of harms way.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #604
Special Teams
 
tc2deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Tyson Clabo cut by ATL!!..... Guess who needs a RT!?!?
tc2deuce is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #605
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
Tyson Clabo cut by ATL!!..... Guess who needs a RT!?!?
I'm still praying for Eric Winston
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #606
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2deuce View Post
Tyson Clabo cut by ATL!!..... Guess who needs a RT!?!?
Guess who can't afford Clabo!





FU Mara.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #607
Special Teams
 
tc2deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

We still can't free up money?
tc2deuce is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #608
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,481
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

I could see a move for Clabo, not for Winston
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #609
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,712
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Clabo is getting up there in age, I would rather see the Skins draft a tackle and develop him.
donofriose is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #610
Camp Scrub
 
bigant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: bloomfield,new jersey
Posts: 76
Lightbulb Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

question for the board, when tannard jackson is not suspended anymore, is he on our roster or is he a free agent? and how does the salary work with him?
bigant is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #611
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
question for the board, when tannard jackson is not suspended anymore, is he on our roster or is he a free agent? and how does the salary work with him?
As of right now he doesn't count against the cap. If/when he gets reinstated he's still under contract with us for the season.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #612
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,178
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Every time he steps on the field he is at risk. It is like having a exotic car must of the time you drive it safe but some times you got take it for a risky spin.

You can't ever tell him not to take risk in the scramble/running department because that is what makes him dangerous to opposing defenses.

God I can't wait for him to be 100% and ready to tear this league up again.
I agree for the most part, however, RG3 took a lot of unnecessary hits. You'd see him head towards the sideline for a nice gain, then cut BACK into traffic and take a hit for an extra couple yards. I appreciate his fight, but really want him to understand that running out of bounds, sliding, and throwing the ball away are good plays. I think Shanny took too much heat for not protecting him and RG3 didn't take enough for protecting himself.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #613
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I could see a move for Clabo, not for Winston
Damn. I assumed that with Winston being on the market for as long as he has been, his price might have dropped. Guess not...
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #614
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,301
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I could see a move for Clabo, not for Winston
Why are the skins so against Winston? Is he an cancer in the locker room or something, pissed off Kyle? He seems like the perfect fit.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #615
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,133
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Why are the skins so against Winston? Is he an cancer in the locker room or something, pissed off Kyle? He seems like the perfect fit.
$$$
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27804 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25