Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #706
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,476
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Since we're only $30,000 under the cap, obviously some sort of moves will need to be made.
Stand corrected. We are only 30k under the cap, not $600k.

Indeed we will.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #707
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He wants 3-4M a year. I guess we don't think that's reasonable. Apparently several other teams agree.
I agree. Its not just that we're cash-strapped. Other teams that actually have tons of cap room arent willing to spend that much on him either.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #708
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 867
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
We've restructured all the people we basically can. Also, some of these contracts you don't want to restructure because you have no intention of that player being around in the years to come. Shanny has already said he didn't want to get into the practice of screwing the future by pushing money into the future.
The Redskins are left with six contracts that they can restructure that can create some significant cap savings—Williams, Pierre Garçon, Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Chris Chester, and Will Mont.
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #709
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 670
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree. Its not just that we're cash-strapped. Other teams that actually have tons of cap room arent willing to spend that much on him either.
A lot of the teams that have a ton of cap room are cheap and dont really sign anyone.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #710
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
A lot of the teams that have a ton of cap room are cheap and dont really sign anyone.
Well after beginning of the offseason, I don't think we can call Dolphins cheap anymore. They brought Winston in for a visit and didn't even extend an offer before he left. I used to want Winston too because of his history with Kyle in Houston, until now. Redskins obviously don't want him, then why should we?
GridIron26 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #711
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,110
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
The Redskins are left with six contracts that they can restructure that can create some significant cap savings—Williams, Pierre Garçon, Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Chris Chester, and Will Mont.
Plus they could give new deals to Wilson and Orakpo to free up more room. They definitely have some options.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #712
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Plus they could give new deals to Wilson and Orakpo to free up more room. They definitely have some options.
Wilsons new deal would need to involve him leaving the team. Orakpo needs to stay healthy and prove himself. Right now, he thinks he's an elite talent and there's no way we could justify extend him as such. Besides, he's only scheduled to make 5MM this year. I cant fathom any extension that would result in a lower cap number.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #713
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,110
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Wilsons new deal would need to involve him leaving the team. Orakpo needs to stay healthy and prove himself. Right now, he thinks he's an elite talent and there's no way we could justify extend him as such. Besides, he's only scheduled to make 5MM this year. I cant fathom any extension that would result in a lower cap number.
I was just tossing out possibilities, not saying I'm in favor of either.

Rak's number is $5M, it would be easy to drop that down quite a bit with a new deal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #714
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
The Redskins are left with six contracts that they can restructure that can create some significant cap savings—Williams, Pierre Garçon, Barry Cofield, Stephen Bowen, Chris Chester, and Will Mont.
Shanny and BA are super smart to avoid committing to any of these cats further into the future IMO. Tough sitz though to be sure.

I'd love to see the whole team rally together as an F U to Mara, the Giants and the league lol.
The Goat is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #715
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,507
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Well after beginning of the offseason, I don't think we can call Dolphins cheap anymore. They brought Winston in for a visit and didn't even extend an offer before he left. I used to want Winston too because of his history with Kyle in Houston, until now. Redskins obviously don't want him, then why should we?
Yes sir. Stephen Ross is happy to open the checkbook in a way reminiscent of a young Dan Snyder. If the Fins won't give Winston a big payday, likely no one will.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #716
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,665
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I was just tossing out possibilities, not saying I'm in favor of either.

Rak's number is $5M, it would be easy to drop that down quite a bit with a new deal.
I thought I read in one of the threads he was on the books for around 2.9 mil or was that Kerrigan?
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #717
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,255
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

If they need to make room for AW, releasing wilson is a reasonable option...
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #718
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,665
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
If they need to make room for AW, releasing wilson is a reasonable option...
I think that would be a horrible move.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #719
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,627
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

I'm kind of surprised they didn't already make a move with Wilson to be honest
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #720
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: Official Redskins Free Agency Thread 2013 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I think that would be a horrible move.
I agree. I'm all for signing Winfield if possible, but not by cutting a CB from an already weak position. That's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27212 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25