Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #151
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Only thing stopping Hankerson is Hankerson. Poor work ethic is holding him back
I remember a couple years ago there was a member on this board who kept trying to tell me I was stupid because I thought Hankerson was going to be a flash in the pan, if that and that because I wasn't giving him cold, hard statistics, me going on a feeling and judging him by his inconsistent college play and lackluster first year play was small-minded.

Glad to see I wasn't completely wrong.

Smoot, do you think Hankerson will get things together or do you think he'll end up just being a busted draft pick?
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #152
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Honestly have no idea.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #153
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I guess it's me admitting that in my early/mid twenties maturity wasn't my strong suit, and these guys are rich and famous to boot making good choices even more difficult.

...in fact, thank God I didn't get rich young it would have ruined me. Can you imagine how big an asshole I'd be today??
Good point Goat. Even Trent Williams had some growing up to do. Thank God he did because he was pretty awesome last season. There's a receiver in Dallas still playing among others that would be quite a stretch for me to call grown adults.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #154
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,900
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Good point Goat. Even Trent Williams had some growing up to do. Thank God he did because he was pretty awesome last season. There's a receiver in Dallas still playing among others that would be quite a stretch for me to call grown adults.
He is in his twenties, he is a grown adult. An immature one but he is a grown adult.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #155
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I remember a couple years ago there was a member on this board who kept trying to tell me I was stupid because I thought Hankerson was going to be a flash in the pan, if that and that because I wasn't giving him cold, hard statistics, me going on a feeling and judging him by his inconsistent college play and lackluster first year play was small-minded.

Glad to see I wasn't completely wrong.

Smoot, do you think Hankerson will get things together or do you think he'll end up just being a busted draft pick?
I fear that Hank may improve but still never develop decent hands. I fear he will remain Mr. Drop. I hope that I am wrong.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #156
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
He is in his twenties, he is a grown adult. An immature one but he is a grown adult.
How bout we just split it down the middle Quake and say legally he's an adult? He still has a lot of growing up to do. ;-)
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #157
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I don't understand that move considering the dire state of our safety positions. Since Hankerson is disappointing and Moss is aging, I can understand the addition of another WR, but in the 2nd-round? Griffin will have plenty of targets between Garcon, Morgan, Moss, Hankerson, Robinson, Davis, Paulsen and hopefully Helu out of the backfield.

Is there internal concern about Garcon this year?


Shanahan loves the smokescreens so I'm leaning towards that. I don't know what benefit a smokescreen would have for a team with no 1st-Round pick but that's what I am hoping for.

We need a playmaker in the secondary and an upgrade at RT wouldn't hurt either.
Thank God the rumors (and Smoot) were WRONG about a Round 2 WR. Amerson was just what we needed there!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #158
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,900
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
How bout we just split it down the middle Quake and say legally he's an adult? He still has a lot of growing up to do. ;-)
Agreed, but I won't feel sympathy for him.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #159
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Thank God the rumors (and Smoot) were WRONG about a Round 2 WR. Amerson was just what we needed there!
I don't think that's quite what I said
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #160
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,826
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't think that's quite what I said
Nope, nope, nope, that's totally what you said. I recall you even bet on it - something in the four figure range.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #161
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,587
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
Nope, nope, nope, that's totally what you said. I recall you even bet on it - something in the four figure range.
LOL. You got me
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #162
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,587
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Possibly Quentin Jammer.
We STILL haven't signed him. Guess we're passing on this 33 year-old secondary player.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #163
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
We STILL haven't signed him. Guess we're passing on this 33 year-old secondary player.
Maybe it was just leverage to get Wilson to take a pay cut?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #164
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,438
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Maybe it was just leverage to get Wilson to take a pay cut?
Or we were waiting to see who fell to us in the draft. Or both.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #165
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,436
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Or we were waiting to see who fell to us in the draft. Or both.
Yeah either way seems doubtful we would bring him in now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26774 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25