Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #181
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Grosso should worry more about changing his own last name. Native Washingtonian who either hates football or roots for the another team, **** him!! He wants to be the Gavin Newsome of offensive sports teams names instead of gay marriage.

David Grosso | DC Council

He was on the 6 o'clock news on channel 4,he's a devoted lifelong Skins fan.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #182
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,118
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Danny should walk into city counsil and say the Virginia Redskins dont sound so bad.

Well they play in Maryland and have their home in VA. DC should shut up.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #183
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
He was on the 6 o'clock news on channel 4,he's a devoted lifelong Skins fan.
He's no fan, how can you want to rename the name of the most beloved successfull franchise in Washington history? That's sacrilege and he should never show up at FedEx field since it's in Maryland.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #184
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,656
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

So... DC politicians, the Washington Post, and perhaps a certain poster here (not you, DynamiteRave) are displaying their ignorance again. Colour me "not surprised".

Last edited by HailGreen28; 04-30-2013 at 09:56 PM.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #185
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,224
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
not to piss on your point...but that poll was taken a decade ago...I'm sure the results are a little different today...even so...its a name...I'd be more upset if they were the Maryland Redskins or Virginia Redskins than the Washington Redforce or whatever.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #186
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,066
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
not to piss on your point...but that poll was taken a decade ago...I'm sure the results are a little different today...even so...its a name...I'd be more upset if they were the Maryland Redskins or Virginia Redskins than the Washington Redforce or whatever.
........why?

Maybe....Bullets?
Ohhh...can't do that. Might offend Winchester....or something
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“It’s all the political correct idiots in America, that’s all it is. It’s got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #187
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,005
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
........why?

Maybe....Bullets?
Ohhh...can't do that. Might offend Winchester....or something
And then as soon as the Bullets changed their name they started sucking forever. Bring back the Bullets of yesteryear.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 04-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #188
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,285
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Man.. if we were called the red tails. I might switch teams lol
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #189
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,240
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Although the name Redskins is closely associated with the tradition of NFL football in D.C., I'm disturbed by the idea that in today's society we need to preserve a highly recognizable and well-publicized team name and logo that refers to the color of a racial group's skin.

I have no idea of how many people are offended by the team name and perhaps the team logo but there must be some way to resolve this as an issue. I don't have the answer but, as an example, wouldn't a name like The Burgundy & Gold preserve team tradition without the possibility of offending anyone? The team logo could include a landmark that is synonymous with Washington, D.C., such as the Capitol Dome.

I don't understand why so many people, including Dan Snyder, are so intractable about a name change. It's not that big of a deal to me. Just do it, get over it, and move on.

Also, as famous and worthy of being honored as the Tuskeegee Airmen were, the name Red Tails would be no more representative of the Washington, D.C. area than the name Redskins.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #190
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Man.. if we were called the red tails. I might switch teams lol
Might?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #191
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
So... DC politicians, the Washington Post, and perhaps a certain poster here (not you, DynamiteRave) are displaying their ignorance again. Colour me "not surprised".

Quote:
Grosso is circulating his resolution to other council members to try to get co-sponsors. So far, he said, council members Muriel Bowser (D-Ward 4) and Kenyan McDuffie (D-Ward 5) have agreed to sign on to it.
Shocked...all Democrats again.


They're the perpetually-offended. It's how they stay employed.

Redtails is a HORRIBLE name, no matter what meaning it's supposed to have. Just imagine what perverts can do with that name.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #192
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

RGIII: Americans ‘Held Hostage By The Tyranny Of Political Correctness’ « CBS DC
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #193
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Although the name Redskins is closely associated with the tradition of NFL football in D.C., I'm disturbed by the idea that in today's society we need to preserve a highly recognizable and well-publicized team name and logo that refers to the color of a racial group's skin.
I'm more disturbed how many people can pretend to be offended by the smallest things in today's society. No one has a backbone any more. Men have become like women and women have become activists to trample the men. Everyone wants to be "equal" and thinks the "pursuit of happiness" in the Constitution means a GUARANTEE to happiness. That's not so. We can't change every little thing that one person is offended by to try to please everyone. It will never happen. We could name the team the "Cotton Balls" or the "Cheeseburgers" and someone will scream that they're offended and can't function any more when they see that name on a t-shirt at the mall.

All of this created racism and victimhood and crying over every little thing that can even remotely be twisted into "racism" is not helping our society and race relations, it's making the divide even greater. If we'd just live our lives together and stop LOOKING for excuses to cry racism at everything, we'd be far better off.


Amen, Robert.

I love this man.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #194
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,716
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Although the name Redskins is closely associated with the tradition of NFL football in D.C., I'm disturbed by the idea that in today's society we need to preserve a highly recognizable and well-publicized team name and logo that refers to the color of a racial group's skin.

I have no idea of how many people are offended by the team name and perhaps the team logo but there must be some way to resolve this as an issue. I don't have the answer but, as an example, wouldn't a name like The Burgundy & Gold preserve team tradition without the possibility of offending anyone? The team logo could include a landmark that is synonymous with Washington, D.C., such as the Capitol Dome.

I don't understand why so many people, including Dan Snyder, are so intractable about a name change. It's not that big of a deal to me. Just do it, get over it, and move on.

Also, as famous and worthy of being honored as the Tuskeegee Airmen were, the name Red Tails would be no more representative of the Washington, D.C. area than the name Redskins.
While I don't say anyone should go out and purposefully offend someone, it is a ridiculous thought to say that in a society of 300+million, we must try not to offend anyone. The name Redskins has a positive meaning for generations of people, and the level of offense within even the Native American/Indian population is questionable at best based on most surveys.

If the Redskins choose to change their name that's fine, but the notion that for the offense of an extreme minority opinion the government has the right to step in, even though there is no threat of physical harm to the minority, is a ludicrous spin on the role of government.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #195
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I'm more disturbed how many people can pretend to be offended by the smallest things in today's society. No one has a backbone any more. Men have become like women and women have become activists to trample the men. Everyone wants to be "equal" and thinks the "pursuit of happiness" in the Constitution means a GUARANTEE to happiness. That's not so. We can't change every little thing that one person is offended by to try to please everyone. It will never happen. We could name the team the "Cotton Balls" or the "Cheeseburgers" and someone will scream that they're offended and can't function any more when they see that name on a t-shirt at the mall.

All of this created racism and victimhood and crying over every little thing that can even remotely be twisted into "racism" is not helping our society and race relations, it's making the divide even greater. If we'd just live our lives together and stop LOOKING for excuses to cry racism at everything, we'd be far better off.




Amen, Robert.

I love this man.
This^
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29849 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25