Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #541
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,187
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois


Awesome of the Redskins to oblige.

Thanks for sharing that with us.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now  

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #542
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Congratulations to him and his family and my I say Thank You for your service.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #543
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

I wonder if Lt. Kettani makes it on the active roster this year.

Would he be the first Lt. to ever make an NFL roster?
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #544
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I wonder if Lt. Kettani makes it on the active roster this year.

Would he be the first Lt. to ever make an NFL roster?

NFL's military men
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #545
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

the answer is no. usually they turn pro athlete military into touring recruiters and reservists or whatever. a couple years ago detroit i think the navy pulled an officer from detroit since he was only going to make the practice squad.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #546
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

opps
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #547
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,885
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Explain this Redskins-name supporters...
The Racist Redskins - The Daily Beast
The author of your article needs to check the actual facts.

Short version: You're wrong. The name Redskins isn't racist.

Medium version: The name Redskins wasn't racist when it was coined. It wasn't racist when the team adopted it for a variety of reasons. The people who actually use it now.. HTTR! People who think it's derogatory just can't seem to realize it was adopted and used by the team to root for and identify with, not against. "Redskins" isn't racist now, except for the people making themselves look like racists in protesting the name.

Long version: Well, here's a starter about the name's origins. Refutes some of the falsehoods that anti-Redskins protestors have made.

http://anthropology.si.edu/goddard/redskin.pdf
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #548
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The author of your article needs to check the actual facts.

Short version: You're wrong. The name Redskins isn't racist.

Medium version: The name Redskins wasn't racist when it was coined. It wasn't racist when the team adopted it for a variety of reasons. The people who actually use it now.. HTTR! People who think it's derogatory just can't seem to realize it was adopted and used by the team to root for and identify with, not against. "Redskins" isn't racist now, except for the people making themselves look like racists in protesting the name.

Long version: Well, here's a starter about the name's origins. Refutes some of the falsehoods that anti-Redskins protestors have made.

http://anthropology.si.edu/goddard/redskin.pdf
I think the team also took on the name to pay homage to the red sox when they started sharing Fenway park in 1933. It was a nice way to use the Red from red sox and still maintain the native american theme from when they were the Boston Braves.
mbedner3420 is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #549
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The author of your article needs to check the actual facts.

Short version: You're wrong. The name Redskins isn't racist.

Medium version: The name Redskins wasn't racist when it was coined. It wasn't racist when the team adopted it for a variety of reasons. The people who actually use it now.. HTTR! People who think it's derogatory just can't seem to realize it was adopted and used by the team to root for and identify with, not against. "Redskins" isn't racist now, except for the people making themselves look like racists in protesting the name.

Long version: Well, here's a starter about the name's origins. Refutes some of the falsehoods that anti-Redskins protestors have made.

http://anthropology.si.edu/goddard/redskin.pdf

This Person doesn't agree with you.Hit the link to read the whole article.


Indianz.Com > Doug George-Kanentiio: A Mohawk's perspective on 'Redskins'

Altogether, the Mohawk Nation lost over 9,000,000 acres of land, an area which includes Cooperstown and all of the Adirondacks. This was done without our consent. In order to rationalize the theft of the land falsehoods were created which de-humanized our people. We were no longer friends but demons. We were labeled as savages and cannibals, warlike primitives without intellect. Among the most tragic of profanes were those books used in schools, which grossly distorted our history and passed on terrible lies about us.

The use of “redskins” was among the worse of these labels. That word originally referred to the Beothuks of Newfoundland, a peaceful people who colored their skin with red ochre as adornment and to keep the mosquitoes at bay. Their passivity was mistaken for weakness and after the waves of European diseases killed most of them those who survived were hunted and murdered for sport. By 1830 they were extinct. One of the reprehensible tactics was to remove the skins of the Beothuks and use them as covers for books and as leggings for the hunters.

This act of skinning Native people, both men and women, continued on along the frontier. It was an act of terror meant to instill fear and drive the Natives from coveted lands. It was justified by these stereotypes that were highly effective in undermining the dignity, pride and self-assurance of our people. We are, among all peoples in this hemisphere, the most misunderstood, the most libeled and the most despised because of the lies in the media, in popular literature and, sadly, in the schools.

Doug George-Kanentiio, Akwesasne Mohawk, is a co-founder of the Native American Journalists Association, a former member of the Board of Trustees for the National Museum of the American Indian and the author of many books and articles about Native history and current issues. His latest book is "Iroquois on Fire". He may be reached via e-mail: Kanentiioaol.com. Kanentiio resides on Oneida Iroquois Territory in central New York State.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 06-05-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Giantone is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #550
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 767
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Why would a Mohawk Indian be commenting on the Beothuks? The Mohawk Indians regularly invaded the Beothuks to capture them as slaves. As well as the Mi'kmaq Indians, who allied with the French and were paid by the French to drive the Beothuks inland as the French wanted coastal Canada to themselves. The Mohawk Indians play a role, just like Europeans, as to why the Beothuks are extinct.

PS... To a degree he does agree with Goddard. As he clearly states, from what you copied and pasted, that the term Redskins originates from the coloring of the skin with red ochre.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #551
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

This is all good information. It's worthy of being put in its own thread. Was the previous one(s) closed?
RGIII is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #552
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
This is all good information. It's worthy of being put in its own thread. Was the previous one(s) closed?
It's all old information, as is this subject. I think the mods had stated something to the effect that if something new (ie court ruling/team change in stance) were to happen, then a new thread would be opened. For now, it's just an offseason harangue that spawns Yo momma jokes.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #553
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

a side question, although sick of the name argument, has there been any native american movement to not call a haircut a mohawk? Just curious, the thought popped into my mind from the Mohawk discussion above.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #554
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's all old information, as is this subject. I think the mods had stated something to the effect that if something new (ie court ruling/team change in stance) were to happen, then a new thread would be opened. For now, it's just an offseason harangue that spawns Yo momma jokes.
To be fair it was McNabb who sparked the "Yo Mama" jokes.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #555
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Official Redskins Off-Season News & Rumors-Part Trois

Yo momma so stupid she called me yesterday begging for W-2s for the handjob, blowjob, and nutjob she gave last year.
RGIII is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27986 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25