Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins rookie signing thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,591
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think our WR corps will look pretty much the same from last year. Maybe one spot up for grabs.
Im just eager for one of those 3 to ball out. Garcon has shown he is a clear #1 reciever in the game and Morgan brings alot of stuff that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Moss is an impact slot WR, but the end is nigh with his age. Moss and potentially Morgan could be done at the end of the season, time to see those young guys develop.

My ball out chance potential percentages are 50% for Hanky, 20% Donnie Briscoe, and 10% chance for Robinson for this upcoming season.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,702
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im just eager for one of those 3 to ball out. Garcon has shown he is a clear #1 reciever in the game and Morgan brings alot of stuff that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Moss is an impact slot WR, but the end is nigh with his age. Moss and potentially Morgan could be done at the end of the season, time to see those young guys develop.

My ball out chance potential percentages are 50% for Hanky, 20% Donnie Briscoe, and 10% chance for Robinson for this upcoming season.
I think Hankerson steps up this season and emerges as one of the better number 2 WRs in the game. He has shown flashes and has all the tools. Just needs to get his mind right and show it on a more consistent basis.



Plays like this show it, but then you have the WTF plays as well.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,418
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Hankerson needs to step up no doubt, but people seem to forget that last year was really his first year with a full offseason of work under his belt. Robinson may never be more than just a speed guy but it's always nice to have a guy like that on your roster.

Hopefully Morgan will be much healthier this year, I think he's capable of playing really well for us.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #19
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Im just eager for one of those 3 to ball out. Garcon has shown he is a clear #1 reciever in the game and Morgan brings alot of stuff that doesnt show up on the stat sheet. Moss is an impact slot WR, but the end is nigh with his age. Moss and potentially Morgan could be done at the end of the season, time to see those young guys develop.
I don't see it. Morgan played with tore ligaments on both hands and a bum ankle that never did recover fully and yet he gave it all out on the field last year. Granted he was not an explosive player like Garcon but he definitely played a big role in the offense in terms of blocking and catching balls in middle of the field. And not to mention, Morgan grew up rooting for Redskins, what could be better than that? I really believe Morgan will be the break out player on offense this year.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,134
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Chris Thompson signs.

Chris Thompson - Washington Redskins - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #21
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,591
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I don't see it. Morgan played with tore ligaments on both hands and a bum ankle that never did recover fully and yet he gave it all out on the field last year. Granted he was not an explosive player like Garcon but he definitely played a big role in the offense in terms of blocking and catching balls in middle of the field. And not to mention, Morgan grew up rooting for Redskins, what could be better than that? I really believe Morgan will be the break out player on offense this year.
Yeah, your right. The only reason I say he could be done is the way his contract is structured, not his performance. I think Morgan could be a ball out star. Some of those games last year, Morgan just disappeared and to find out about the injuries makes sense now.



@ Earthquake, Mr Hanky needs to put it together. He's one flush away.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,702
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah, your right. The only reason I say he could be done is the way his contract is structured, not his performance. I think Morgan could be a ball out star. Some of those games last year, Morgan just disappeared and to find out about the injuries makes sense now.



@ Earthquake, Mr Hanky needs to put it together. He's one flush away.
From?? As Matty said, last season was his first full season playing.

38 catches 543 yards 3 TDs

I fully expect those numbers to rise this season something to the likes of 60 receptions 800-900 yards and 6 or 7 TDs.

I expect him to be our 3rd leading reciever, behind Garcon and Davis.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
From?? As Matty said, last season was his first full season playing.

38 catches 543 yards 3 TDs

I fully expect those numbers to rise this season something to the likes of 60 receptions 800-900 yards and 6 or 7 TDs.

I expect him to be our 3rd leading reciever, behind Garcon and Davis.
800-900 yards seems like an awful lot for a #3 WR in an offense that is run heavy...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,702
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
800-900 yards seems like an awful lot for a #3 WR in an offense that is run heavy...
Yeah maybe but it is attainable. I am leaning more towards the 800 part.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,395
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Lewis's time in the 40 is between 4.58-4.59 (his fastest was 4.50 and his slowest was 4.68). To me, that seems slow for an NFL wide receiver (although Anquan Boldin apparently ran a 4.72 at the combine and was a 2nd round draft pick). Lance Lewis*|*East Carolina,*WR*:*2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Lewis also was undrafted a year ago. Not sure why he wasn't drafted, but clearly there was a reason. Additionally, if he had awed anyone last year, he would have stuck on a roster - we had the spots for the taking <cough> Briscoe <cough>. Maybe he takes a spot this year, but I am thinking, if he had a flash, Briscoe would not have made the team. Just saying. Seems to me, "marginal" is a pretty accurate description.

I am with Matty. I think the WR's are essentially the same. Maybe Briscoe, Robinson or both are replaced but I think the top 4 are staying the same this year.
__________________
"We're very sorry, but we're too permissive to allow your sort".
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,963
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Last year, Hank, Garcon, and Moss all performed at roughly the same level (Moss in a couple more snaps than the other two) and would be a strong 1-2-3 on any team. Morgan wasn't quite at that level last year but was hurt pretty on (although Garcon was hurt on the second series of the season, so I'm not sure that's an excuse).
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #27
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Lewis's time in the 40 is between 4.58-4.59 (his fastest was 4.50 and his slowest was 4.68). To me, that seems slow for an NFL wide receiver (although Anquan Boldin apparently ran a 4.72 at the combine and was a 2nd round draft pick). Lance Lewis*|*East Carolina,*WR*:*2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Lewis also was undrafted a year ago. Not sure why he wasn't drafted, but clearly there was a reason. Additionally, if he had awed anyone last year, he would have stuck on a roster - we had the spots for the taking <cough> Briscoe <cough>. Maybe he takes a spot this year, but I am thinking, if he had a flash, Briscoe would not have made the team. Just saying. Seems to me, "marginal" is a pretty accurate description.

I am with Matty. I think the WR's are essentially the same. Maybe Briscoe, Robinson or both are replaced but I think the top 4 are staying the same this year.
I see your point but he got hurt last preseason with a groin injury and went to IR. I've just seen him play and think he can do it, and you have to think they saw something or they wouldn't have signed him a few days ago. Time will tell.
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,654
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

I think Hank has the physical abilities to be a very good WR, but I think mentally he needs to get past his injury. I think at times last season he played with some hesitation. Hopefully being healthy for an entire season and along with some other things that have been mentioned (i.e. having an actual training camp, more experience, etc.) will help him develop into a starting WR.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 868
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

^If Hankerson would turn out to be a Roddy White, we'd be set at WR with him and Garcon. But I don't see it. I think he's just going to be a number 3 or maybe 2 receiver his whole career. Solid, just never Pro Bowl quality.

And I agree with you about Jordan Reed. I'm excited to see how we use him.
__________________
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: Redskins rookie signing thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah, your right. The only reason I say he could be done is the way his contract is structured, not his performance. I think Morgan could be a ball out star. Some of those games last year, Morgan just disappeared and to find out about the injuries makes sense now.
True, I don't think (or hope?) it would happen as much next season. Also I think Morgan's contract actually goes for four or five years but either party could choose to opt out from the contract after second season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30946 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25