Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #76
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,440
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny9TD View Post
Honest debate I love. Arguing because you are ill at me about previous Thrash talk and want to pick something else to argue about because of the poster is totally different. I guarantee that if you had said what I said you would have got no such response from Smoot or anyone else. Guaranteed.

It wasn't a "I don't think Henderson can get it done here" but more of an argument towards the poster than the topic. Let's be honest here and not hide behind "challenging your position" nonsense. When the debate is an honest one you will here no worrisome comments from me. Why would I get mad if someone doesn't think Henderson can get it done. Clearly I wouldn't. It's how it is said rather than what is said. If you don't like me then just say so and not hide behind if you challenge my position I get mad nonsense. It seems personal with you and Smoot. Not the topic.

Be honest and just kick me off the board rather than disingenuous debate. We know the score. We've been at it before. Not once have we ever agreed and I remember it being ugly before. So let's not say it is the topic anymore. Do what you must.
I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Nothing about my posts with you have been personal. Before yesterday I really had no idea who you are. I don't keep score when it comes to discussions.

Feel free to leave if you want. Or just chill and don't take things so personal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #77
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I would be willing to bet serious money that neither Henderson nor Stallworth are going to "bust out" (per SS's definition) this year. In fact, I would be mildly surprised if both make the roster. Looking at the WR corp and depending on how many we keep, I think one of them has a pretty good shot to be that 5th or 6th "insurance" WR who is only active in injury situations. As I recall, Stallworth played some ST for in his last stint and, if he is willing to do so again, that might give him a leg up.

I can see our top 5 from last year returning w/ possibly Briscoe being cut in favor of Henderson/Stallworth and then one of the UFA guys (I'm specifically thinking of L. Lewis) making the final cut.

Again, such a nice change from a couple of years ago when we had no depth.
A thoughtful post.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #78
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Nothing about my posts with you have been personal. Before yesterday I really had no idea who you are. I don't keep score when it comes to discussions.

Feel free to leave if you want. Or just chill and don't take things so personal.
Yea OK I'll not mention the Laron Landry back and forth we had and others but who am I to know what you remember and don't. I don't take things personal unless they are.

Last edited by Sonny9TD; 06-13-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #79
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,543
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Need to Know: Meriweather a key in 2013 - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Meriweather will add tons of talent to the secondary. If only he can stay healthy this season.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #80
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny9TD View Post
Honest debate I love. Arguing because you are ill at me about previous Thrash talk and want to pick something else to argue about because of the poster is totally different. I guarantee that if you had said what I said you would have got no such response from Smoot or anyone else. Guaranteed.

It wasn't a "I don't think Henderson can get it done here" but more of an argument towards the poster than the topic. Let's be honest here and not hide behind "challenging your position" nonsense. When the debate is an honest one you will here no worrisome comments from me. Why would I get mad if someone doesn't think Henderson can get it done. Clearly I wouldn't. It's how it is said rather than what is said. If you don't like me then just say so and not hide behind if you challenge my position I get mad nonsense. It seems personal with you and Smoot. Not the topic.

Be honest and just kick me off the board rather than disingenuous debate. We know the score. We've been at it before. Not once have we ever agreed and I remember it being ugly before. So let's not say it is the topic anymore. Do what you must.
it's nothing personal from my end. I don't see how asking how many WRs really "bust out" is some sort of personal attack.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #81
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
it's nothing personal from my end. I don't see how asking how many WRs really "bust out" is some sort of personal attack.
Wow. The question itself is fine now talk about something else to someone else. You can find something else to disagree with me later

Last edited by Sonny9TD; 06-13-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #82
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

yeah, you go man, dictate to the mods how they should run their forum that they've only had for at least 10 years in this format.

STRONG!
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 AM   #83
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

as for me, henderson, stallworth, and robinson all kinda fill the same role (well, assuming henderson and stallworth haven't slowed down... big assumption). so i don't think we need all 3. either henderson and/or stallworth gets cut and used as a mid season emergency guy, with one of them (possibly) making it.

those two are the definition of replacement level WRs. solid signing as far as talent/money ratio though. no downside to kicking those tires.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #84
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,177
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Need to Know: Meriweather a key in 2013 - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Meriweather will add tons of talent to the secondary. If only he can stay healthy this season.
I believe last year was Meriweather's first in which he missed a lot of games. If he experiences no setbacks during training camp and in preseason expect him to start the first game of the season.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline  
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #85
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: Redskins "Sign" Running Back (Redskins News and Notes Version 5.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Need to Know: Meriweather a key in 2013 - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Meriweather will add tons of talent to the secondary. If only he can stay healthy this season.
Merriweather (and a couple others) cannot be counted on with his injury proneness.
RGIII is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21587 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25