Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #151
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,163
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Still not a lot of excitement for Amerson. Is the general consensus that last year's CBs are solid?
i feel good about hall and wilson. probably for that reason, i'm not as excited about amerson or biggers.

also excited about any development from crawford and/or minnifield
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #152
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 868
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
ive sat in the first row behind the endzone a few times .. not sure if you will have the same vantage point as i did but it is very hard visually to decipher the depth of plays.

a 3 yard run looks the same as a 20 yard run.

its odd to explain and probably one of those things that you have to personally see to understand.

but it is a big issue, hard to follow the plays.
Yea ... that's what I kinda figured...... especially if the action is on the opposite end of the field. I pray that the majority of the game is played on my side of the field. I heard the dream seats on the sidelines makes it really tough to see the action due to the 6-8 offensive lineman that's directly in front of you . Just need to experience the dream seats at least once . Thanks for your input!
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #153
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,087
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post


Some lame people out there.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #154
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,087
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

John Keim joins The Post’s Redskins coverage team

WaPo added a strong journalist to the Redskins beat. Now if they can only kick Mike Wise's ass to the curb.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #155
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,191
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
John Keim joins The Post’s Redskins coverage team

WaPo added a strong journalist to the Redskins beat. Now if they can only kick Mike Wise's ass to the curb.

Why ?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #156
Registered User
 
Green Monk Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parkville
Posts: 464
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Here's some news and notes for the Redskins Chapter 6- The 53 man roster needs to include: 2 QB's, 3 TE's 8 OL, to compensate for the defense.

I still don't know what was the point of drafting Cousins if Kirk only started 1 game and Rob was never allowed time to rest? Meanwhile Rex stands around and does nothing the entire season anyway?

Depth has been built around a lot of promising hopefuls and I can't wait to see them compete this preseason.

The team needs to find out about TJackson's status (cap penalty and loosing him again would be devastatingly unfair) and the severity of Carriker's setback.

The team is going to lose talent at TE, OL, and possibly NT. Does Shanahan care to recoup value by trade before camp? I even think with a year behind them, the practice squad guys can compete for spots next year- RB, WR, OL, CB
Green Monk Machine is offline  
Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #157
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,284
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
Here's some news and notes for the Redskins Chapter 6- The 53 man roster needs to include: 2 QB's, 3 TE's 8 OL, to compensate for the defense.

I still don't know what was the point of drafting Cousins if Kirk only started 1 game and Rob was never allowed time to rest? Meanwhile Rex stands around and does nothing the entire season anyway?

Depth has been built around a lot of promising hopefuls and I can't wait to see them compete this preseason.

The team needs to find out about TJackson's status (cap penalty and loosing him again would be devastatingly unfair) and the severity of Carriker's setback.

The team is going to lose talent at TE, OL, and possibly NT. Does Shanahan care to recoup value by trade before camp? I even think with a year behind them, the practice squad guys can compete for spots next year- RB, WR, OL, CB
I think you answer your own question, a competent back up QB stepped in and lead us to a pivotal win at Cleveland, dont forget about the Ravens game and that TD throw. To me, the Cousins pick was justified by his play.

Tough trade away starters or rotation guys based on "next" year. Next year is a long time in the NFL, even if there is practice squad talent they need a year to develop. Thats why its practice squad.

Like you, T Jax situation needs to be clarified as soon as possible, but we are at the mercy of the league with reinstatement.

Welcome to the Path Green Monk
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #158
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,396
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think you answer your own question, a competent back up QB stepped in and lead us to a pivotal win at Cleveland, dont forget about the Ravens game and that TD throw. To me, the Cousins pick was justified by his play.

Tough trade away starters or rotation guys based on "next" year. Next year is a long time in the NFL, even if there is practice squad talent they need a year to develop. Thats why its practice squad.

Like you, T Jax situation needs to be clarified as soon as possible, but we are at the mercy of the league with reinstatement.

Welcome to the Path Green Monk
Welcome Green Monk! It's nice to add a Skins fan from Ratbirds territory.

Regarding TJax: Unfortunately, the Skins can't do anything to resolve this situation for quite a while because they are forbidden by the NFL from having any contact with him until he is reinstated - if he is reinstated. I may have the date wrong but I think that he may not even apply to be reinstated until August 31st. After that, there's no definitive timeframe for a decision by the NFL.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #159
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,396
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Alfred Morris? But the "slump" won't really be a slump, it will just be fewer yards because the rest of the league will game plan to stop him?

Where does Bleacher Report find these clowns who write for them?

I would put Alfmo in the category of players least likely to slump. Everything about who he is as a person and a player tells me that he will produce.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #160
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,832
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

I don't get why people think suddenly the defenses are going to suddenly shut down the run scheme the Skins are using. Just lazy reporting honestly. Morris showed a talent for breaking tackles. That should only get better after a full year in an NFL weight training room.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #161
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,930
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I actually agree that if a Redskins rookie has a slump, its Morris, because teams know A) he is a lot better than a 6th round pick B) he will be more of the main focus since RG3 is returning from ACL surgery so we won't run him as often (especially in the early part of the season) C) I have a hunch RG3 will be passing more since he'll know the playbook better, has been doing mental reps more this offseason, being in the pocket is safer than him running, and since we got him a few more receiving weapons this off-season.

Now the RG3 sophomore slump I don't see. As a matter of fact, I think Andrew Luck will have the sophomore slump this year among the QBs.
Morris may appear to have a slump based on lower yardage figures but it will probably truly be a result of more offensive balance and a shared workload on third down. He still should be int he 1,400 yard range with double digit TDs.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #162
Registered User
 
Green Monk Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parkville
Posts: 464
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Morris may appear to have a slump based on lower yardage figures but it will probably truly be a result of more offensive balance and a shared workload on third down. He still should be int he 1,400 yard range with double digit TDs.
Yeah, I think Alfred's/Rob's carries will be split between Helu and Thompson b/c they can catch the ball out of the backfield. Morris may not have '12 stats but the team will be better off.

I'm expecting Kyle to script up an offense to pass the ball around more. How can he not with healthy recievers garcon/Morgan and TE's like Fred and Jordan?

I like being #1 in the run and #1 in play action but in this new NFL era, passing has to take priority. Last year seemed too cautious to limit turnovers and scared to put Robert behind a poor pass protection to just drop back and pass. I think the '12 plan worked, but I hope to see an expanded emphasis passing, especially for Morgan/Hankerson to show their worth and earn their spots for next year.
Green Monk Machine is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #163
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,926
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
Yeah, I think Alfred's/Rob's carries will be split between Helu and Thompson b/c they can catch the ball out of the backfield. Morris may not have '12 stats but the team will be better off.

I'm expecting Kyle to script up an offense to pass the ball around more. How can he not with healthy recievers garcon/Morgan and TE's like Fred and Jordan?

I like being #1 in the run and #1 in play action but in this new NFL era, passing has to take priority. Last year seemed too cautious to limit turnovers and scared to put Robert behind a poor pass protection to just drop back and pass. I think the '12 plan worked, but I hope to see an expanded emphasis passing, especially for Morgan/Hankerson to show their worth and earn their spots for next year.
Welcome Monk Machine.
I disagree a bit with your statement that in this "new NFL era, passing has to take priority."
IMO the really newest NFL trend/era is balance and having a strong running game (pistol/read option/veer) like the the 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins use.
The game film showed having a strong threatening running as a compliment to a passing game keeps the defenses honest and guessing. They can not pin their ears back and just recklessly pass rush. The defenses now have to stay disciplined, protect gaps, read the play and then react, which takes time. That time can sometimes create big windows in the passing game for the Qb's.
I agree with you that the Shannahan's will have new wrinkles in the offense, but I see them staying committed to balance and running the ball.
Defensewins is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #164
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,859
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
Yeah, I think Alfred's/Rob's carries will be split between Helu and Thompson b/c they can catch the ball out of the backfield. Morris may not have '12 stats but the team will be better off.

I'm expecting Kyle to script up an offense to pass the ball around more. How can he not with healthy recievers garcon/Morgan and TE's like Fred and Jordan?

I like being #1 in the run and #1 in play action but in this new NFL era, passing has to take priority. Last year seemed too cautious to limit turnovers and scared to put Robert behind a poor pass protection to just drop back and pass. I think the '12 plan worked, but I hope to see an expanded emphasis passing, especially for Morgan/Hankerson to show their worth and earn their spots for next year.
IMO we will see just that this year as Bobby Gryphon matures like a fine whiskey.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 07-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #165
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,284
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Welcome Monk Machine.
I disagree a bit with your statement that in this "new NFL era, passing has to take priority."
IMO the really newest NFL trend/era is balance and having a strong running game (pistol/read option/veer) like the the 49ers, Seahawks and Redskins use.
The game film showed having a strong threatening running as a compliment to a passing game keeps the defenses honest and guessing. They can not pin their ears back and just recklessly pass rush. The defenses now have to stay disciplined, protect gaps, read the play and then react, which takes time. That time can sometimes create big windows in the passing game for the Qb's.
I agree with you that the Shannahan's will have new wrinkles in the offense, but I see them staying committed to balance and running the ball.
good post. DefenseW, what do you see within our own defense we need to fix to be more effective? When I think about it, I dont know where to begin. I think consistency in every department: tackling, pass rush, man coverage, over the top coverage, gap discipline, etc. One thing we cant complain about is turnovers...we seem to get them.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31776 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25