Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Finding the Fits: Redskins find quick repair in FS Thomas - CBSSports

I may have posted this before, but if not here you all go!
CultBrennan59 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,540
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Finding the Fits: Redskins find quick repair in FS Thomas - CBSSports

I may have posted this before, but if not here you all go!
The author wrote the following about our RB draftees:

"Thompson and Jamison each possess better vision and burst than straight-line speed, making them potential standouts in Washington's zone blocking attack. Thompson is the more electric of the two and has drawn comparisons to Darren Sproles from some scouts but is coming off of a torn ACL. Jamison, on the other hand, has a similar build and game to former Rutgers (and current Baltimore Ravens) star Ray Rice."

I'd just like to say that if Thompson plays like Darren Sproles and Jamison plays like Ray Rice I'll be very happy.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is online now  
Old 06-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #33
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Brian Orakpo, Redskins not working on long-term deal - NFL.com
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #34
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Speaking literally on 'news and notes' how will your consumption of Redskins news change with the Post moving to a paywall type of system.. 20 free articles per month for non Post delivery subscribers, $9.99-$14.99/month after that.

I wouldn't care except John Keim has moved over there. Word for word he's the best on the Redskins beat. I can do without the Post features and columns but his recaps and notes/observations are quality work. Is he worth $10/month?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #35
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Speaking literally on 'news and notes' how will your consumption of Redskins news change with the Post moving to a paywall type of system.. 20 free articles per month for non Post delivery subscribers, $9.99-$14.99/month after that.

I wouldn't care except John Keim has moved over there. Word for word he's the best on the Redskins beat. I can do without the Post features and columns but his recaps and notes/observations are quality work. Is he worth $10/month?
I believe there is a loophole to that. If you access the article via Facebook, Twitter, or a shared link (as in through this site) it doesn't count against your 20 articles
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I believe there is a loophole to that. If you access the article via Facebook, Twitter, or a shared link (as in through this site) it doesn't count against your 20 articles
That would be great if so. I get the need to monetize web views but I'm philosophically opposed to paying a subscription fee for a online subscription to a newspaper. I'd rather pay a la carte for the articles I read rather than a subscription for the 99.7% of the paper that I don't.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
what money are we going to use to sign him long term now anyways? is he okay being paid in mcdonald's coupons?


redskins = broke = cannot sign a big, long-term deal.

now, i'm not sure they would if they could right now due to the injuries, which is what the article is saying, but that whole point is (s)moot.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 767
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
what money are we going to use to sign him long term now anyways? is he okay being paid in mcdonald's coupons?


redskins = broke = cannot sign a big, long-term deal.

now, i'm not sure they would if they could right now due to the injuries, which is what the article is saying, but that whole point is (s)moot.
Orakpo counts something like 5 mil against this years cap. They could very easily sign Orakpo to a long term deal and actually have his cap number go down this year. The salary cap is not stopping a new deal for Orakpo.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #39
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Don't forget that Cofield can play DE if necessary. Nield, please step up.
Was thinking the same thing. Don't we have two NTs backing up Cofield?
The Goat is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Was thinking the same thing. Don't we have two NTs backing up Cofield?
Neild, Baker and now Brace
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
That would be great if so. I get the need to monetize web views but I'm philosophically opposed to paying a subscription fee for a online subscription to a newspaper. I'd rather pay a la carte for the articles I read rather than a subscription for the 99.7% of the paper that I don't.
It’s paywall time at The Post
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #42
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Neild, Baker and now Brace
That's right, Baker. If either of those guys can be effective/consistent Cofield as backup DE gives me some piece of mind. It's really about Jenkins stepping up though. I thought he looked hesitant too often last year.
The Goat is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #43
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,534
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
That's right, Baker. If either of those guys can be effective/consistent Cofield as backup DE gives me some piece of mind. It's really about Jenkins stepping up though. I thought he looked hesitant too often last year.

Here's a relevant article:

Depth chart review: Nose tackle | Comcast SportsNet Washington
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #44
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,559
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Jackson will be welcomed 'with open arms' | Comcast SportsNet Washington

pretty big news if this is the case.

"Both Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett have indicated that the team will give Jackson a shot once he is eligible to return. During a media availability just before the draft Shanahan said, “At the safety position, we lost [Brandon] Meriweather and Tanard Jackson last year and you are hoping that both guys will be back, will be back healthy.”

Asked about Jackson last week, Haslett said, “Obviously if we got Tanard back, you know that’s another bonus because he’s a heck of a football player. I don’t know where that stands with the NFL, but we’d welcome back with open arms.” "

strong statement and will be something to watch
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 06-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #45
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Redskins News & Notes Chapter 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Jackson will be welcomed 'with open arms' | Comcast SportsNet Washington

pretty big news if this is the case.

"Both Mike Shanahan and Jim Haslett have indicated that the team will give Jackson a shot once he is eligible to return. During a media availability just before the draft Shanahan said, “At the safety position, we lost [Brandon] Meriweather and Tanard Jackson last year and you are hoping that both guys will be back, will be back healthy.”

Asked about Jackson last week, Haslett said, “Obviously if we got Tanard back, you know that’s another bonus because he’s a heck of a football player. I don’t know where that stands with the NFL, but we’d welcome back with open arms.” "

strong statement and will be something to watch
I don't think it's too surprising, SS hinted that they would bring him back if he's cleared with the league.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28303 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25