Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #46
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,824
... and that is "End Thread".
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,003
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rex's passer rating in game 1 of the preseason was 81%, in game 2 it was 84%

Pat White went from 70% to 19%

But you want to talk completion percentage. Ok. But Rex is averaging close to 7 yards a pass, pushing the ball downfield. Pat White is averaging under 4 yards. There are 30 RBs in the NFC this summer who are averaging at least as many yards per carry.

Plus Rex has more game day experience when it counts, knows the offense better, and has the respect of RG3, Kirk and the rest of the players.

There's also the fact that Pat White was drafted 4 years ago for the sole purpose of being a gimmick player. And 4 years later he still can't be much more than that.

I'd also add that Pat White's not even having as good a season as Richard Bartel or Kellen Clemens had in recent summers

But I could skip all of the above. The worst, the absolute worst, most ignorant, most uninformed argument in favor of Pat White is to claim that Pat White's running ability makes him a better fit for our scheme than Rex Grossman. The offense is certainly enhanced by RG3's running ability. But it's about so much more than that. This offense can't function if RG3 doesn't have a good arm, if he can't make the right reads. For Pat White the offense has been simplified greatly where the "read" part of read-option is basically non-existent.

I think it's fun to watch Pat White and I wish him well but he's nowhere near ready to play and we don't have time to develop someone who's already had 4 years
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #48
Registered User
 
Green Monk Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Parkville
Posts: 464
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

I think white can be the next joe Montana, if Rex was his head coach.
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #49
Playmaker
 
CrustyRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: RatherbeinDC, TX
Posts: 2,653
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Id take Pat Sajak or Vanna White over Pat White. And possibly Pat McCrotch.
__________________
Lafayette, we're here.

HTTR. Your wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #50
Special Teams
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 394
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Why was this thread started?
__________________
T-man
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #51
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,616
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Rex is still a very solid quarterback to come off the bench for you. It was fun watching Pat White play, but in the reality of things, Pat White is nowhere near ready. We know Rex can come in and compete, win a few games for us - that's pretty much what you ask for in a #3 quarterback. RG3, Cousins, and Grossman completely makes the quarterback position solid for us. I just hope our secondary is ready to step up this year.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #52
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,087
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rex's passer rating in game 1 of the preseason was 81%, in game 2 it was 84%

Pat White went from 70% to 19%

But you want to talk completion percentage. Ok. But Rex is averaging close to 7 yards a pass, pushing the ball downfield. Pat White is averaging under 4 yards. There are 30 RBs in the NFC this summer who are averaging at least as many yards per carry.

Plus Rex has more game day experience when it counts, knows the offense better, and has the respect of RG3, Kirk and the rest of the players.

There's also the fact that Pat White was drafted 4 years ago for the sole purpose of being a gimmick player. And 4 years later he still can't be much more than that.

I'd also add that Pat White's not even having as good a season as Richard Bartel or Kellen Clemens had in recent summers

But I could skip all of the above. The worst, the absolute worst, most ignorant, most uninformed argument in favor of Pat White is to claim that Pat White's running ability makes him a better fit for our scheme than Rex Grossman. The offense is certainly enhanced by RG3's running ability. But it's about so much more than that. This offense can't function if RG3 doesn't have a good arm, if he can't make the right reads. For Pat White the offense has been simplified greatly where the "read" part of read-option is basically non-existent.

I think it's fun to watch Pat White and I wish him well but he's nowhere near ready to play and we don't have time to develop someone who's already had 4 years

/thread


Close this puppy up.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #53
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rex's passer rating in game 1 of the preseason was 81%, in game 2 it was 84%

Pat White went from 70% to 19%

But you want to talk completion percentage. Ok. But Rex is averaging close to 7 yards a pass, pushing the ball downfield. Pat White is averaging under 4 yards. There are 30 RBs in the NFC this summer who are averaging at least as many yards per carry.

Plus Rex has more game day experience when it counts, knows the offense better, and has the respect of RG3, Kirk and the rest of the players.

There's also the fact that Pat White was drafted 4 years ago for the sole purpose of being a gimmick player. And 4 years later he still can't be much more than that.

I'd also add that Pat White's not even having as good a season as Richard Bartel or Kellen Clemens had in recent summers

But I could skip all of the above. The worst, the absolute worst, most ignorant, most uninformed argument in favor of Pat White is to claim that Pat White's running ability makes him a better fit for our scheme than Rex Grossman. The offense is certainly enhanced by RG3's running ability. But it's about so much more than that. This offense can't function if RG3 doesn't have a good arm, if he can't make the right reads. For Pat White the offense has been simplified greatly where the "read" part of read-option is basically non-existent.

I think it's fun to watch Pat White and I wish him well but he's nowhere near ready to play and we don't have time to develop someone who's already had 4 years
My guess is after we cut him he is sitting at home because no other team is going to pick him up. His best chance to hold a clip board in the NFL is if a team their QB go down and they need to add 3rd stringer as insurance.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #54
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,824
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

If you're talking about Rex, I am betting he would be on someone's roster if we cut him. The state of QB'ing in the league makes him a valuable No.2 and a terrific No.3. Maybe last year he stays at home, this year? I am pretty sure his phone starts ringing the moment he hits the door.

The Jets, Bills and Raiders QB situation would drastically improve if Sexy Rexy was on their roster to name just three.

It will be interesting to see if anyone goes after White after he is cut. Once out of Kyle's offense, can he succeed? He is simply not a drop back QB but, as offenses are changing, maybe someone thinks he's worth keeping around. Hell, who knows, PW could be the next Seneca Wallace.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #55
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 857
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
If you're talking about Rex, I am betting he would be on someone's roster if we cut him. The state of QB'ing in the league makes him a valuable No.2 and a terrific No.3. Maybe last year he stays at home, this year? I am pretty sure his phone starts ringing the moment he hits the door.

The Jets, Bills and Raiders QB situation would drastically improve if Sexy Rexy was on their roster to name just three.

It will be interesting to see if anyone goes after White after he is cut. Once out of Kyle's offense, can he succeed? He is simply not a drop back QB but, as offenses are changing, maybe someone thinks he's worth keeping around. Hell, who knows, PW could be the next Seneca Wallace.
Alot of you seem to be missing the fact the Giants were interested in bringing him in
CASKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #56
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,824
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Pat White? Good for them. David Carr is their back-up. If David Carr was MY second string QB, I would be interested in just about anyone at the QB position.

You think Rexy is an immobile, interception machine? Watch Carr and you will add "no pocket presence" and "sack machine" to your definition.

This is what I am saying, with Grossman - much as folks hate him, we are as good or better at the 3rd string QB position than most teams are at their 2nd string QB position. Buffalo, Oakland, Jets, Arizona - and those are just the obvious ones (who is Minnesota's back-up? Tennesee?).

Of these QB's who would you rather step in for RGIII/Cousins: Foles, Orton, Carr?

When White can throw the deep out (either on the boot or from the pocket), the long ball from the pocket, or demonstrate an ability to read defenses & go through progressions, then and only then is he a better emergency option than Sexy Rexy.

White has definitely shown the potential to be someone's developmental QB but that's just not needed on this team.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #57
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,934
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASKINS View Post
Alot of you seem to be missing the fact the Giants were interested in bringing him in
Would they give him a roster spot now though?

Big difference in giving a guy a look in training camp vs a regular season spot.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #58
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Grossman could start for Buffalo, the Jets, Jacksonville and possibly Oakland if we let him go.

Even with the draft picks used on QBs recently in those places, they're all still a mess at the QB position.

White played more and was a lot more effective than I ever thought he'd be, but Rex is still a far better route to go. Our QB3 is better than some team's starters at this point...and better than a lot of backups.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Would they give him a roster spot now though?

Big difference in giving a guy a look in training camp vs a regular season spot.
Around Week 12 they would give him a PS spot....preparing for us.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #59
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Pat White? Good for them. David Carr is their back-up. If David Carr was MY second string QB, I would be interested in just about anyone at the QB position.
Ryan Nassib.


They're trade him to a QB-desperate team in a couple of years, unless Eli gets annihilated and can't suit up.





p.s. Smooty...QB ratings are not percentages.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #60
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,824
Re: Pat White or Sexxy Rexy

White is not eligible for the PS as he was a roster player his first year with Miami. If he was PS eligible, I would have NO problem with him occupying a spot on ours. It is really where he belongs at this point.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30102 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25