Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #211
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,246
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Y! SPORTS

What a jerkoff. Glad he's on the Giants.

We're glad to have him. Took awhile for you to find this ,bet you have been busy with all you other activates .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #212
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
We're glad to have him. Took awhile for you to find this ,bet you have been busy with all you other activates .
I know you feel compelled to defend Cruz because you're a Giants fan, but he does come off a bit unhappy with his deal in the article. I guess my whole thing is, if you didn't like the deal, why'd you sign it? If it's money you want and the Giants weren't offering enough, why not play out your deal and see what free agency gives you? Either way I don't see this being a big issue in the grand scheme of things, let alone something we'll remember next year. And sure it's all about context, but the impression the article gives is that he doesn't sound happy, and his quote supports that notion.
mooby is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #213
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,246
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I know you feel compelled to defend Cruz because you're a Giants fan, but he does come off a bit unhappy with his deal in the article. I guess my whole thing is, if you didn't like the deal, why'd you sign it? If it's money you want and the Giants weren't offering enough, why not play out your deal and see what free agency gives you? Either way I don't see this being a big issue in the grand scheme of things, let alone something we'll remember next year. And sure it's all about context, but the impression the article gives is that he doesn't sound happy, and his quote supports that notion.


As I said about Cruz last year ,just because they stick a microphone in your face doesn't mean you have to say something . While I agree with what you said ....the point he was making was that he most likely would have made more somewhere else had he wanted to leave NY but no matter how you say it , it sounds stupid.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #214
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

After what Cruz did for the families of Newtown I just have mad respect for him.

I never thought of Cruz as one of the bad guys of the NFL. He is actually pretty feel good story.

I think there is a lot of haters going to hate on this web site because he has burned the skins a few times.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #215
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

I like the guy, and I do think he took a home town deal to stay. He shouldnt be mad at that, but I can understand his frustration.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #216
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

So was that Jay-Z first big contract, the Cruz deal? Well when you stupid and sign with someone like that you take a risk and in football that risk is way bigger because you usually get one shot at a big deal. Always been a bigger Nas fan, smh.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #217
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

With Cruz already complaining about his new contract publicly and saying he's STILL underpaid, I'm glad the Giants signed him. By the end of his contract, I bet they'll regret this deal. He's showing signs of being one of those "pay me" WRs that will never be content. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts giving less than 100% effort because he feels he's worth more than what they're paying him.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #218
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So was that Jay-Z first big contract, the Cruz deal? Well when you stupid and sign with someone like that you take a risk and in football that risk is way bigger because you usually get one shot at a big deal. Always been a bigger Nas fan, smh.

I like both but Jay has put out better albums imo.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #219
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,595
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I like both but Jay has put out better albums imo.
Illmatic, Stilmatic, I Am...not too shabby. But Beyonce > Kelis
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #220
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
illmatic, stilmatic, i am...not too shabby. But beyonce > kelis

lol yes . Beyonce is fine
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #221
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,836
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
With Cruz already complaining about his new contract publicly and saying he's STILL underpaid, I'm glad the Giants signed him. By the end of his contract, I bet they'll regret this deal. He's showing signs of being one of those "pay me" WRs that will never be content. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts giving less than 100% effort because he feels he's worth more than what they're paying him.
I think it is pretty much human nature to want be paid what you think you are worth. Most people generally think they are underpaid.

I rarely hear this:

"Gosh I am idiot and they totally overpay me here at XYZ company."

Of course for athletes it is all on a grand scale.

Plus I never understand why fans get so wrapped up in the $$$ I don't give a shit if he is making a buck or $100 million doesn't change my bottom line.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #222
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Y! SPORTS
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #223
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,355
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Cowboys’ Josh Brent announces retirement | ProFootballTalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #224
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
lol. Great career. We're really losing one of the good guys of the sport. I surely wonder how he'll keep himself occupied in retirement?
mooby is offline  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #225
The Starter
 
mbedner3420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,842
Re: Around the NFL Offseason 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Dolphins CEO Mike Dee leaving to take same role with Padres

Miami Dolphins In Depth
Baseball over football? Terrible decision...
mbedner3420 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37545 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25