Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #61
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,914
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Joe flacco's postseason performance was on par with the best quarterbacks of all time. He outplayed Manning, Brady and the "great" Andrew Luck, plus the Raven's defense was not that good this past year.
His Super Bowl performance was on par with Rodgers vs. Steelers, Brady vs. Panthers, and any of the other elite quarterbacks. So someone putting him in the top 5 is understandable. Quarterbacks are just opinions anyway. It is like Brady vs Peyton. Half of you guys will take Peyton while the other half will take Brady. Just depends on what your opinion is. Can't go wrong either way.
donofriose is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #62
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,117
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ok.
I misread you often so is this a "ok" in my clarification of Jaw's list or a "ok.....but I think you're wrong"?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #63
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Ok. As in I get what you meant. It came across initially as "Jaws liked Campbell so what does he know about QBs. I'm not saying he doesn't know anything about QBs, but this list of his about QBs just goes to show you he knows nothing about QBs"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #64
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,711
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown Listma

I gotta admit, I am annoyed by everyone putting him last out of the four.

He did something that was remarkable and healthy it's not even close who the better guy is. I hope we get to see him back full go this year, and that can be the only reason he hasn't made the leap in analysts minds to the clear number one. I don't see how you put Wilson ahead of him, Luck, and even Kap if we see our guy healthy.

He was the only one of the true rookies to win his division, and in the manner in which he had to do it. The other teams all had a much better defenses then the Redskins, and comparing the 10-6 record of the Redskins to the 11-5 record of both the Seahawks and the Colts doesn't matter to me b/c the teams don't play the same schedule.

Griffin was the only one who had a rookie RB, and was far and away the most effient passer in the TD to INT department. Back to my point, in that III and Morris had to led the team and sparked to rest of the team to perform. They didn't have the luxury of a trustworthy or even respectable at times defense.

Anyway I truly hope that RG III sees all this stuff and uses it as billboard material to even further motivate himself to be that much better. I dont know if he needs any more motivation then he already has but i hope it fire him up some privately. I believ we haven't seen anything from him yet and when it all comes together he will be amazing.

HTTR!

BTW Luck and Wilson are good football players, but it is hard to compare any of thier careers at this point being that they have all only played in a limited sample size.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/

Last edited by artmonkforhallofamein07; 07-14-2013 at 01:55 AM.
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 AM   #65
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,202
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I know your a giants fan but can u really say u would take Eli over Peyton? I think Eli is pretty dang good but peyton is elite. He gets 12 wins a year.
And Eli has won 2 super bowl MVPs coming out of the NFC.His playoff record is better than Peytons
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #66
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,202
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I agree with this. It's so laughably ridiculous to think Eli is even anywhere close to Peyton. But then, Giantone is biased...



Why is Peyton better, count the playoffs and superbowls .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #67
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,433
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

All such lists are far too subjective to suit me. The biggest problem with Jaws' list is that he doesn't state his criteria up front and then stick with it. He does refer to traits such as pocket passing ability and durability in his analysis which I can accept as areas for improvement and concern, respectively, for RGIII. Nevertheless, if anyone is qualified to rate QB's it is Jaws. He has played the position in the NFL and he does his homework.

I strongly agree with Giantone that the proof for any QB is winning. To me that means leading your team to multiple playoff appearances, winning playoff games, and ultimately winning Super Bowls.

As for RGIII, the bottom line for me is that I don't care where Jaws or anyone else ranks RGIII right now because he was just a rookie last season. Come back after a couple more seasons and let's see what he has done by then.

Make no mistake, I'm a huge RGIII proponent. I think that RGIII is the right QB and leader for this team. In fact, I think that he is practically the perfect QB for the Redskins based on what the Shanahans want to do on offense. But he still has much more learning and work to do to reach his full potential in the position. The great news for Redskins fans is that, with RGIII's exceptional physical gifts, mental acuity, work habits, and leadership skills, there is no ceiling in sight.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #68
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,711
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Why is Peyton better, count the playoffs and superbowls .
In the regular season it's not even close, Peyton by a mile.

Playoff records are definitely a factor, and I give Eli a lot more credit to him in the postseason. He has been the benefactor of some pretty miraculous plays in the playoffs as well.

So I have to say that Peyton is the greatest regular season QB of all time.

Eli is good but not consistently good enough to be considered as good as his brother.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #69
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,117
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
And Eli has won 2 super bowl MVPs coming out of the NFC.His playoff record is better than Peytons

Eli is also better than Dan Marino.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 07-14-2013 at 03:56 PM.
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 02:10 AM   #70
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

It's silly to put him last out of the four based on last year. It just is. Now add the knee in and I get why Jaws moved him down at first glance. The more I think on it though my logic says if the knee is enough to move him down under those guys then why exactly are you implying? Are you questioning whether his knee will allow to function similarly to hs past performance or are you questioning whether his knee will keep him out? If it's the former then I think you're nuts. If it's the later then I think you ranked him too high. The ranking doesn't make sense because of that.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #71
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,209
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Jaws ranked RG3 13TH.

NFLN Ranked him like 6th .
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #72
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

The "winning" QB argument is bogus. 100%. There are 11 players on the field for a team on each offensive play. The QB is obviously the MOST important player of the 11 but he doesn't achieve success or failure alone. Since you can't ascribe 100% of the success/failure to the QB you can't treat overall success/failure as the sole component. Winning QBs don't have some magic power that other QBs don't have...they have a better team. They get no individual credit for that.

As a fan of a competing team I'd rather chalk the Giants success up to one miraculous and unbeatable QB but it isn't true. Their FO is good at building a team and their coach got his head out of his ass and figured out how to coach it before he got canned. They also happen to have a good QB. But he isn't better than at least 4 other QBs in league during his tenure. Including his brother. 2-1 in SBs or not.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #73
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,202
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

What the thread proves is the list will always be different depending on what criteria is used ,is it clutch play, come from behind wins, regular season stats , playoffs , Super bowls .It's easy to say all of the above but as we have seen not all list include all categories.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #74
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,930
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Top 5 right now, IMO:
1. Peyton Manning
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Joe Flacco

I could have gone a lot of different routes for that last spot. Matt Ryan, Eli, and Big Ben. I eliminated Ryan because he's only won 1 playoff game in his 5 years in the league, and he throws to a Hall of Fame TE, and two Pro Bowl WRs. Eli had a decent year last year. He's 2/2 in Super Bowls, but he also throws lots of picks. Big Ben is very good, but when he gets hurt (which is quiet often) his team doesn't do as well, but yet still good enough to win games. Its not like a Peyton Manning where that team crumbles. Also Big Ben may have 2 super bowl rings, but he was awful in his first super bowl, and in his 3rd super bowl appearance his turnovers were ultimately the difference from his team winning and losing. Flacco has always been a good QB, but last year he really did well and come playoff time he outperformed Brady for a 2nd year in a row. In the Super Bowl this year he played better than Brady, either Manning, Brees and very comparable than Rodgers did in their respective super bowl appearances.
Good breakdown of the #5 spot and options associated with it. I wonder if Flacco would even be in the consideration if Rahim Moore had taken two more steps before jumping.. Flacco is the most recent example IMO of people being prisoners of the moment.. He's a good QB, no question.. Elite? Eh.. Top 5? Don't see it. One of my criteria is 'can he make up for the deficiencies of his team around him (lack of running game, poor defense, shaky OL). I don't know that Flacco can do any of that.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #75
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,978
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
One of my criteria is 'can he make up for the deficiencies of his team around him (lack of running game, poor defense, shaky OL).
I think if I had to synthesize my criteria it would come down to this.
FRPLG is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29584 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25