Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #106
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,769
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Eli Manning is the complete opposite to his brother, during the regular season he is eh but then the post season comes around... There aren't that many quarterbacks I am taking over Eli. Maybe Brady but he has outplayed Brady twice in super bowls.
Rivers hasn't had the post season performances that Eli has had so its not really fair to compare the two in my opinion, plus I never like to play "well if he was on this team" game.
donofriose is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #107
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Lol, funny thing is, to me Eli is one of the least objectionable players on that dirty, flopping, OL-holding, crooked owner team. I don't hate him, it's just laughable that Gnat fans compare Eli favorably to Rivers, let alone Brees, Peyton, Brady....

I mean, way back when we won with Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien, I don't recall Skins fans claiming they were as good as Montana, Young, Elway, etc...

OHHH HELL yeah they did!

You get what you pay for and the Giants and Eli as much as you hate to admit it or not have 2 ,I realize you want the the stat chart to be your saving grace in this discussion but in the end a QB gets paid to win and if you don't you don't stay, Eli throw ints,so what ?My answer to all the anti Eli people is he wins super bowls ,this from PFT
"In Eli Manning, the Giants have a skilled, experienced, playoff-tested, durable quarterback. Think of all the teams that don’t have such stability at this key position. The Giants do, and it’s a primary reason they can’t be discounted."
Look Eli can go on streaks when he is bad ...he's bad ,but he wins super bowls and anyone that says that doesn't mean anything in the NFL is an idiot, yes it's that simple.
Yes my 5 are Rogers, Brady,Brees,Roethlisberger,Eli and Peyton .Want me to take a shot at Bob...I won't ,I like him and he has the tools ,like everything about him ,your team just has to protect him and when he wins then maybe he'll be in the discussion .To compare Eli to Rivers or Romo is ...well ignorant.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 07-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
OHHH HELL yeah they did!
So you're as delusional about Skins fans as you are about Eli.

(bold mine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You get what you pay for and the Giants and Eli as much as you hate to admit it or not have 2 ,
Or in the Giants' case, better lucky than good in more ways than one. Thank goodness they didn't get Rivers, they'd have won even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I realize you want the the stat chart to be your saving grace in this discussion but in the end a QB gets paid to win and if you don't you don't stay, Eli throw ints,so what ?My answer to all the anti Eli people is he wins super bowls ,this from PFT
"In Eli Manning, the Giants have a skilled, experienced, playoff-tested, durable quarterback. Think of all the teams that don’t have such stability at this key position. The Giants do, and it’s a primary reason they can’t be discounted."
And again, thank goodness the Gnats got Eli instead of Rivers, Brees, Rothlisberger, etc. Giants fans are delusional enough as is.

"The stat chart to be the only saving grace"? Lol. Among the other parts of the game Eli is inferior, INTs are INTs. Though I guess by your standards "paid to win": since we swept the Giants with Rex Grossman as QB, that means Sexy Rexy >>> Eli. And when the stats are so lopsided in favor of Rivers, when just looking at them play it's also obvious Rivers is better. The only thing in Eli's favor is what superbowls THE GIANTS won. And last I looked there were 21+ other starters on a team that helped decide that.

I know you'll probably ignore this like everything else, but look at it this way: The Ravens won the SB this season. Would you take Joe Flacco on your team over Eli or any other QB? No? Why not? Go ahead and answer and contradict yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Look Eli can go on streaks when he is bad ...he's bad ,but he wins super bowls and anyone that says that doesn't mean anything in the NFL is an idiot, yes it's that simple.
Strawman, nobody said winning doesn't mean anything. OTOH, where does Dan Marino fit on your all-time list, and why? Stats? By his quick release and arm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yes my 5 are Rogers, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Eli and Peyton .Want me to take a shot at Bob...I won't ,I like him and he has the tools ,like everything about him ,your team just has to protect him and when he wins then maybe he'll be in the discussion .
Ummm, you listed 6 QBs. "Take a shot at Bob"? See, that's your problem, you base your opinion on "taking shots" at other teams QBs and assume that must be my motivation. LMAO if you actually want to compare Griffin's performance with Eli's rookie year. I expect you to cling to injury on that, because that's all you have there. Just like basically all you have to cling to Eli being discussed with other better QBs is how well the Giants did in the playoffs.

(Bold mine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To compare Eli FAVORABLY to Rivers or MUCH BETTER THAN Romo is ...well ignorant.
Fixed it for you. YW.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #109
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094


Pure beauty.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #110
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
So you're as delusional about Skins fans as you are about Eli.

(bold mine)Or in the Giants' case, better lucky than good in more ways than one. Thank goodness they didn't get Rivers, they'd have won even more.

And again, thank goodness the Gnats got Eli instead of Rivers, Brees, Rothlisberger, etc. Giants fans are delusional enough as is.

"The stat chart to be the only saving grace"? Lol. Among the other parts of the game Eli is inferior, INTs are INTs. Though I guess by your standards "paid to win": since we swept the Giants with Rex Grossman as QB, that means Sexy Rexy >>> Eli. And when the stats are so lopsided in favor of Rivers, when just looking at them play it's also obvious Rivers is better. The only thing in Eli's favor is what superbowls THE GIANTS won. And last I looked there were 21+ other starters on a team that helped decide that.

I know you'll probably ignore this like everything else, but look at it this way: The Ravens won the SB this season. Would you take Joe Flacco on your team over Eli or any other QB? No? Why not? Go ahead and answer and contradict yourself.

Strawman, nobody said winning doesn't mean anything. OTOH, where does Dan Marino fit on your all-time list, and why? Stats? By his quick release and arm?

Ummm, you listed 6 QBs. "Take a shot at Bob"? See, that's your problem, you base your opinion on "taking shots" at other teams QBs and assume that must be my motivation. LMAO if you actually want to compare Griffin's performance with Eli's rookie year. I expect you to cling to injury on that, because that's all you have there. Just like basically all you have to cling to Eli being discussed with other better QBs is how well the Giants did in the playoffs.

(Bold mine)Fixed it for you. YW.

I don't take shots at other teams QB's you did. I said I wouldn't. I didn't and haven't compared Eli and Bob ,they're different I fully admit that and have said nothing different, Eli is elite like it or not ,I like Bob he is a good young QB and exciting to watch but if he is not on the field he'll never be elite not a shot (as you would say) just a fact and one more thing I have NEVER in any post EVER wished or hope a player gets hurt Thing is you keep screaming Marino , so what he never won a super bowl so yeah I don't consider him as elite. As was pointed out before to say Eli is inferior is ignorant in any real discussion of current or past QB's.

P.S
You said I'm delusional about Skins Fans , not in a min ! I wouldn't be here if I was the fans here love their team and I respect that but my comments are to you not all skins fans . Skins Fans are great fans as are Giant fans.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.

Last edited by Giantone; 07-22-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Giantone is online now  
Old 07-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #111
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Geez. Please relearn sentence structure, giantone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't take shots at other teams QB's you did. I said I wouldn't. I didn't and haven't compared Eli and Bob ,
You brought up "Bob" for no good reason. Although I consider it a compliment considering how Griffin embarrassed the Giants DEs after whoever came up with the nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
they're different I fully admit that and have said nothing different, Eli is elite like it or not ,I like Bob he is a good young QB and exciting to watch but if he is not on the field he'll never be elite not a shot (as you would say) just a fact
(bold mine) LOL. Eli is not elite. Period. A team fan can be forgiven thinking so, but to keep arguing the point after being proven wrong... nothing more to say unless you want to keep burying yourself deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
and one more thing I have NEVER in any post EVER wished or hope a player gets hurt
Again you fail reading comprehension, giantone. I said you would cling to the injury thing for debate purposes, as in the ONLY reason you could consider RGIII not to be miles ahead of Eli starting out. And look, you just made the comparison between Eli vs. Griffin if he can't avoid injury, just like I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Thing is you keep screaming Marino , so what he never won a super bowl so yeah I don't consider him as elite. As was pointed out before to say Eli is inferior is ignorant in any real discussion of current or past QB's.
(bold mine) Wow. You say Marino isn't elite. And then say calling Eli inferior (to Marino, Brees, Rivers, Peyton, etc.) is ignorant. Wow.

Serious question: So you consider Trent Dilfer elite? If not, explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
P.S You said I delusional about Skins Fans , not in a min ! I wouldn't be here if I was the fans here love their team and I respect that but my comments are to you not all skins fans .
You are definitely delusional in thinking that Skins fans in general would ever consider Doug Williams or Mark Rypien as elite. Period. Delusional. That's more delusional than thinking Eli is elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Skins Fans are great fans as are Giant fans.
Finally something generally true we can agree on. Each fan base has eccentricities for various reasons. We hate Dallas more than other teams, well until weasel John Mara violated the last year of the old CBA to screw two division opponents, and a lot of giant fans like to pretend that Eli is elite. Glad we can still enjoy fandom and watching the NFL.

HTTR
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #112
Special Teams
 
SCRedskinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 394
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't take shots at other teams QB's you did. I said I wouldn't. I didn't and haven't compared Eli and Bob ,they're different I fully admit that and have said nothing different, Eli is elite like it or not ,I like Bob he is a good young QB and exciting to watch but if he is not on the field he'll never be elite not a shot (as you would say) just a fact and one more thing I have NEVER in any post EVER wished or hope a player gets hurt Thing is you keep screaming Marino , so what he never won a super bowl so yeah I don't consider him as elite. As was pointed out before to say Eli is inferior is ignorant in any real discussion of current or past QB's.

P.S
You said I delusional about Skins Fans , not in a min ! I wouldn't be here if I was the fans here love their team and I respect that but my comments are to you not all skins fans . Skins Fans are great fans as are Giant fans.

Why do I feel that every time you call our QB "Bob" that you're taking a shot at us and him? I think it's your way of making a derogatory remark and don't be surprised if we react badly to that.

Your continued rants about Eli's eliteness would play a lot better on a Giants message board rather than here, and that's where I suggest you take them. I mean you're just wrong when you assert he's better than Brees for example, so take your arguments/discussion where they would be welcomed, not here.

And I was around when Rypien and Williams were successful here. There's nobody that thought they were in the same class as Montana, for example. So you're just dead wrong when you whistle that tune...

The most constructive thing you could do for at least a little while is go away and play in your own playground, with your Giants friends.

Farewell. HTTR.
SCRedskinsFan is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #113
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,368
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Eli is not an elite QB. He's too streaky of a passer, still makes throws a rookie would make. There is no way you put him in the class of Brady, Rogers, Brees...he's just not that level of QB.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #114
Playmaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,998
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Eli is not an elite QB. He's too streaky of a passer, still makes throws a rookie would make. There is no way you put him in the class of Brady, Rogers, Brees...he's just not that level of QB.
I fully understand the discussion of whether Eli is Elite or not is a perspective thing but this started when HG28 put him in the class with Rivers and Romo , Stafford , Dalton ...post #98 . One super bowl victory might be luck, 2 is not !

As I said back in post #81 of this thread , that it depends on what criteria is being used for the list .Stats for other positions might determine the best , kickers , receivers ,etc but as for QB's and coach's its winning championships that matter a fact the NFL network has been pushing as of late.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #115
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

When I think "elite" I just dont think of Eli. He's not consistent enough. Right now: Peyton, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, and Brady are my elites. Eli is just on the outside looking in, Id probably rank him 6 or 7 best QB in the league right now.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #116
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,596
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

You take Flacco's little miracle run out last winter and he is somewhere between 10-15. Sorry but would you really take Flacco over RGIII? Pleaseeeeeee!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #117
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

I like Flacco and all but yeah he's not a top 5 QB. I think Jaws just wanted to be different so he put him so high
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #118
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
When I think "elite" I just dont think of Eli. He's not consistent enough. Right now: Peyton, Aaron Rodgers, Brees, and Brady are my elites. Eli is just on the outside looking in, Id probably rank him 6 or 7 best QB in the league right now.
And there's what I posted about Rivers, Rothlisberger might deserve consideration for #6-7, Flacco.... Eli may be top 10, if you don't consider guys like Newton, Kaep, RGIII, RW, and Luck.

HTTR
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #119
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
And there's what I posted about Rivers, Rothlisberger might deserve consideration for #6-7, Flacco.... Eli may be top 10, if you don't consider guys like Newton, Kaep, RGIII, RW, and Luck.

HTTR
You cant consider RG3, Wilson or Luck based on 1 year of play.

Id take Rothlisberger over Flacco and Rivers all day, probably not Eli.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #120
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You cant consider RG3, Wilson or Luck based on 1 year of play.

Id take Rothlisberger over Flacco and Rivers all day, probably not Eli.
No disagreement on the rookies/sophmores.

Big Ben would kill to have the protection Eli's had, and all the QBs mentioned are more reliable than Eli.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35188 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25