Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,639
ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

RG3 checks in at #13

ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List « ESPN MediaZone
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,593
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Horse shit. I hate when folks knock him down because of the knee injury. I am assuming Luck will be ranked ahead of him plus Wilson yet Robert won the rookie of the year award over them.

What really burns me is Wilson being ahead; honestly who would take Wilson over RGIII. If Wilson fizzles out I will not be shocked.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,118
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Jaw can eat a dick over that ranking. Im sure after the first game against the eagles Jaws be talking about how RG3 is one of the best QB in the league.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,639
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

lol all of a sudden Jaws doesn't know jack about QBs



#13 for a rookie is pretty damn good, you could probably flip a coin between RG3, Wilson, and Kaepernick
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,612
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Theres a reason Jaws got removed from MNF, and its not just because he said shit on live TV..
Stick to stuff you know

I don't agree with Jaws's assessment. But a) to say he doesn't know anything about QBs is ridiculous. Because if he had RG3 top 5, for example, you'd all be like "**** Yeah!!!" b) Jaws is speaking more about where he sees them going into 2013 and he's not knocking RG3 at all, he just has some questions about his knee and how/if he and the team will need to account for that and what that will mean
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,639
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I think Dilfer is better at evaluating QBs over Jaws. My go to QB for on air is Kurt Warner. I don't agree with everything he says, but most of it. Jaws I disagree with almost everything he says. Hell even Terry Bradshaw, Marino and Boomer are better to listen to than Jaws.
Ugh that says a lot if you're really listening to those guys over someone like Jaws.

Those 3 are absolute clowns and I'd bet don't break down half the film that Jaws does.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,387
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Horse shit. I hate when folks knock him down because of the knee injury. I am assuming Luck will be ranked ahead of him plus Wilson yet Robert won the rookie of the year award over them.

What really burns me is Wilson being ahead; honestly who would take Wilson over RGIII. If Wilson fizzles out I will not be shocked.
I disagree about Wilson. I think he and Griffin will develop quite a nice post season rivaly over the next 10 years. Anyone who knows me knows my feelings about Luck.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,118
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

I like Jaws alot, just that ranking is off. tough to put Wilson and miami hat dude in front of RG3. Luck is way over rated.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,597
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Don't have a problem with RGIII, Cap, Wilson, and Luck lumped together in any order. At least until RGII proves in game time that the limp is gone. If Luck is lower than 10, he's overrated IMO.

I think Sanchez is overrated at #28, should be more like #32. Stafford's overrated at #16, should be more like #21.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

I like Jaws. And he will change his tune within weeks when he sees that Griff's knee is okie-dokie.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,195
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Jaws should remove the 1 in front of the 3 and he would only be 2 spots off from being right.
over the mountain is online now  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

I think Jaws is a little stuck in the 'traditional QB' model and discounts RG3 as a QB as a result. The injury can be the only reason to rank him below Wilson or Kaepernick.

13 isn't an insult but it is lower than he should have been ranked.. The bigger issue to me is that he's ranked below Matt Schaub.. The guy has trouble staying healthy and hasn't won a playoff game, right?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Why bother to get this list right when there's just going to be another next year?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Jaws should remove the 1 in front of the 3 and he would only be 2 spots off from being right.
lol ... nice!
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: ESPN Unveils 2013 Jaws’ QB Countdown List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I think Jaws is a little stuck in the 'traditional QB' model and discounts RG3 as a QB as a result. The injury can be the only reason to rank him below Wilson or Kaepernick.
A lot of analysts fall into the same trap Jaws did. It's not because he's dumb or doesn't know what he's talking about. It's because football was played differently thirty years ago so there's an nostalgic aspect that more or less doesn't matter when ranking QBs.

I don't have any issue with docking Griffin a couple points for his knee injury, and 13th isn't necessarily underrating RG3, but there will be guys ranked ahead of him that are there because of how they look when playing instead of how they actually play.

It's not always a white/black thing because people have been dogging Romo/Rivers/Chad Pennington for years for not looking exactly like Manning/Brady/Elway/Marino. As if being a poor man's anyone is a desirable trait.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.25795 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25