Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #316
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That egostical lying prick Urban Meyer is the common denominator. He recruited them and let them do whatever they wanted at Florida. Eff him
So Urban Meyer is responsible for his former players behavior? That ridiculous.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #317
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,546
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
monkey i am not picking on you per se but i always kinda roll my eyes when ppl try to defend or justify 1 person's specific negative act by pointing out all the other evil deeds that others might have done.

it has no relevance to the specific bad act being discussed and in no way excuses or absolves anyone from anything.

when ppl do that, i interpret it as them saying "whats the big deal, did you her what johnny said .... "


and im glad that no one here has raised the "white cracker" argument bc the term white cracker doesnt have 100s of years of oppression, hate and slavery behind it.

with all that strongly said, i dont think the NFL would have any justification for fining or suspending him. if football teams are like a family, id let the eagles family handle it internally. if he is too divisive of a presence, then the eagles should do what they have to do.

my 2 cents - no one should get a pass for using the word the way in which he said it but what he said should have no bearing on his football eligibility through the league office. i apologize for perhaps extending this convo.
Well said.

Just to add because he was drunk shouldn't excuse anything either.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #318
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 768
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
monkey i am not picking on you per se but i always kinda roll my eyes when ppl try to defend or justify 1 person's specific negative act by pointing out all the other evil deeds that others might have done.

it has no relevance to the specific bad act being discussed and in no way excuses or absolves anyone from anything.

when ppl do that, i interpret it as them saying "whats the big deal, did you her what johnny said .... "


and im glad that no one here has raised the "white cracker" argument bc the term white cracker doesnt have 100s of years of oppression, hate and slavery behind it.

with all that strongly said, i dont think the NFL would have any justification for fining or suspending him. if football teams are like a family, id let the eagles family handle it internally. if he is too divisive of a presence, then the eagles should do what they have to do.

my 2 cents - no one should get a pass for using the word the way in which he said it but what he said should have no bearing on his football eligibility through the league office. i apologize for perhaps extending this convo.
The only thing you are saying with that comment is that its acceptable for black people to be racist but wrong when a white person is. Its not even the words used, its the intent behind the words. Thats why I disagree with people saying its wrong for a black person to use the word nigger/nigga. Their intent is completely different than Riley Coopers intent.

I really dont care if anyone calls me a cracker. I have been called that as well as honkey or any other number of racist words, but its the intent behind the words that matter. Im not going to cry over being called a name, but I do recognize the intent behind it and will judge that person accordingly. Intent is the main reason I have absolutely no problem defending the team having the name Redskins, because the intent to be racist is not there.

Saying you were going to feed fried chicken to a black person would never be considered racist without intent. And we both know that the intent behind that statement is racist. I have been sitting next to black people in KFC before, and I never feared it being racist. If I started making wise cracks about them eating chicken, that is racist.

Intent matters...
Skinzman is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #319
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So Urban Meyer is responsible for his former players behavior? That ridiculous.

Were they ever in trouble at school and yes the coach is held to a standard for the behavior of his players .
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #320
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,362
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Were they ever in trouble at school and yes the coach is held to a standard for the behavior of his players .

Yes but not after they are in the Pros. AH was never arrested at UF I dont think
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #321
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
That egostical lying prick Urban Meyer is the common denominator. He recruited them and let them do whatever they wanted at Florida. Eff him

And now OSU is going down the same route. They were a program full of players who feel entitled and think they're shielded from getting in trouble before...now he's there with his "let players run wild" approach. It's going to get ugly in Columbus. Very ugly.

Their players are already getting in a ton of trouble lately.

Quote:
July 22, 2013
Ohio State Coach Urban Meyer has disciplined four of his football players for legal problems, including suspending the Buckeyes’ leading scorer, Carlos Hyde, who is suspected of assaulting a woman over the weekend in Columbus.

In addition, the star cornerback Bradley Roby, who was arrested in Indiana for an altercation with a security guard at a bar this past weekend, will not represent the Buckeyes at this week’s Big Ten media days. The freshmen recruits Marcus Baugh, a tight end, and defensive lineman Tim Gardner were also disciplined Monday.

Hyde, a 6-foot, 242-pound senior from Naples, Fla., rushed for 970 yards on 185 carries last season, second best on the team behind quarterback Braxton Miller, and was the unbeaten Buckeyes’ leading scorer with 17 touchdowns and 102 points.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/23/sp...ined.html?_r=0
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #322
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
monkey i am not picking on you per se but i always kinda roll my eyes when ppl try to defend or justify 1 person's specific negative act by pointing out all the other evil deeds that others might have done.

Not doing either...I was mentioning them to show how ridiculous the sometimes fake "outrage" by many people and how the media coverage of such a minor thing in comparison is completely out-of-whack.

But, that's the age we live in...shouting a racist word is treated as a worse crime and bigger issue than a typical Chicago weekend of 40-50 shootings.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #323
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

In other news, anyone else hear Tiki Barber say about Pacman Jones this morning on the radio "Jones has been a model citizen lately, except for the pending assault charges".


I had to laugh. Pacman Jones, model citizen and assault in the same sentence. Fine reporting, Tiki. Oh well, I'll listen to him over McNabb any day...who somehow has a radio show...it's like listening to Mushmouth from the Cosby Kids.

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #324
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,974
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Tavon Austin Helmet Cam

Wired: Tavon Austin Helmet Cam
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #325
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Austin is going to be an exciting player to watch...he'll be their only real weapon and should be lining up all over the field.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #326
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,362
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

I like the camera on helmet stuff pretty cool
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #327
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Were they ever in trouble at school and yes the coach is held to a standard for the behavior of his players .
Cooper was never in trouble while at Florida.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #328
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 2,132
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
The only thing you are saying with that comment is that its acceptable for black people to be racist but wrong when a white person is. Its not even the words used, its the intent behind the words. Thats why I disagree with people saying its wrong for a black person to use the word nigger/nigga. Their intent is completely different than Riley Coopers intent.


Intent matters...

pretty much lol ...
__________________
Leader of the Avy boycott until this organization makes smarter choices.

R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #329
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,247
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

Football on Your Phone.......

...you will love this!!!

__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #330
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,362
Re: Around the NFL 2013 Offseason (Episode 99)

^It's pretty funny but i'm worn out with the mannings
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28968 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25