Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #196
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,180
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I can somewhat understand not letting him play pre season, even though I think that's a mistake. Everyone needs a few game reps. I mentioned before that Brady also played pre season after his injury, even though he hurt his knee in Sept the year before. But not even letting him do 11 on 11 in practice? C'mon. That 100% coddling.
imo you want to give it as much time as possible for the ligaments, tendons and muscle to re-strengthen and bond.

a slip or an awkward twist of the knee and who knows if it will hold.

i dont see any reason to rush him onto the field as i think this is being rushed anyway. let him take baby steps, let things settle. i dont even mind if he misses the first few games.
over the mountain is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #197
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,127
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think cautions is not letting him play pre season. Otherwise he should be doing everything else.
Like Matty said, it's been barely 6 months since his surgery. I'm glad the team isn't pushing him too far. It would be better to let Cousins start the first several games and make sure RG3 is absolutely ready to go than to let RG3 start and possibly ruin his career. Let's think long-term here.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #198
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,364
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's had no OTA reps, no pre season games and they're not even letting him do 11 on 11. What's he doing to get himself ready to play 16 games? 7 on 7 and little throwing drills on the side? To me that's going overboard on the side of caution. I expect him to be rusty the first few weeks. We're still talking about a very young player, not an established vet. They should at least let the kid do 11 on 11, which is the closest thing to a game simulation.
I am sure he will do 11 on 11's pretty soon. I still wouldn't be surprised to hear he was going to do one series in the final preseason, just to shake it all out.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #199
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think cautions is not letting him play pre season. Otherwise he should be doing everything else.
Why risk a lineman rolling into him or some other incidental contact?

I don't see the problem with giving him a week or two to ease back into things.

What's the rush? It's still July. A lot of guys wouldn't even be on the field right now. AP was on PUP for the first 2 weeks of camp last year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #200
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 8,983
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Well one of the smartest considerations I have heard is
"Why risk him in a meaningless game to a Practice squad guy killing it for a starting gig"?
AND.....I doubt any human could find better care and rehab than Robert has received.....
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
Win! Always win!
By fair means or foul, by soft words and hard deeds...
by treachery, by cunning, by malpractice...
but always win--Edward Teach
Hog1 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #201
Impact Rookie
 
Bushead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 763
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

After how last year ended you want to trust RG3 with what he says about his knee? Please. I still think he's wired to play no matter what and compete, even if it's a pre-season game at 50% (not saying that's what percent he is right now, just that he seems to think he can play under any conditions).

Save him from himself. Let him know the time table in advance. No preseason games so don't get your hopes up. We'll go at it with this time table.
Bushead is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #202
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 44
Posts: 3,386
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Watch RG3's press conference, he says over the next few weeks he will be eased in and eventually he will be doing the 11 on 11's so IMO everyone RELAX. HTTR.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #203
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I can somewhat understand not letting him play pre season, even though I think that's a mistake. Everyone needs a few game reps. I mentioned before that Brady also played pre season after his injury, even though he hurt his knee in Sept the year before. But not even letting him do 11 on 11 in practice? C'mon. That 100% coddling.
I'm with you, although I don't expect him to do any pre-season.

I feel RG3 will probably start the first regular season game, if not a couple games in.

Otherwise we best pad him in bubble wrap before we let him see the field again.

Lots of Chicken Littles around here.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #204
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

6 weeks til the season opener. Plenty of time to get him up to speed.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #205
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 659
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I'm with you, although I don't expect him to do any pre-season.

I feel RG3 will probably start the first regular season game, if not a couple games in.

Otherwise we best pad him in bubble wrap before we let him see the field again.

Lots of Chicken Littles around here.
Since when did letting him do cutting, among other things, so early after ACL surgery equate to wrapping him in bubble wrap?

He is doing a whole lot more than just about anyone else who has ever torn an ACL at this point in his recovery. Outside of AP, who else has torn an ACL in late Dec. or early Jan. and be on pace to start the season?

When did everyone on a forum learn more about ACL's than the guy who does the surgery and is considered one of the foremost experts on ACL recoveries?
Skinzman is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #206
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Since when did letting him do cutting, among other things, so early after ACL surgery equate to wrapping him in bubble wrap?

He is doing a whole lot more than just about anyone else who has ever torn an ACL at this point in his recovery. Outside of AP, who else has torn an ACL in late Dec. or early Jan. and be on pace to start the season?

When did everyone on a forum learn more about ACL's than the guy who does the surgery and is considered one of the foremost experts on ACL recoveries?
Is that what I said? Because I'm pretty sure I said if he doesn't start after a few games into the regular season.

At that point I think we'd be playing afraid.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #207
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,427
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

He's going to play wk 1, at least that's the plan barring a setback. Taking things slow is to help ensure he doesn't have that setback. Trust the process folks.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #208
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 659
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Is that what I said? Because I'm pretty sure I said if he doesn't start after a few games into the regular season.

At that point I think we'd be playing afraid.
You are referring to the ones who say dont play him in preseason and 11 on 11's for the time being as chicken littles. None of us have said to sit him until 2015. Most of us have said the target is to be ready by the first game.

"To that end, Griffin feels he's ready to do more than he is allowed. During the portions of practice devoted to special teams, he goes to a separate field and runs through a scaled-down version of the plays he missed during the 11-on-11s. He said he did get a "little bump-up" in work during Monday morning's walkthrough, but he won't join the 11-on-11 drills in the main practice until next week at the earliest."

RGIII endures 'Operation Patience' at Washington Redskins camp - NFL.com
Skinzman is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #209
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
You are referring to the ones who say dont play him in preseason and 11 on 11's for the time being as chicken littles. None of us have said to sit him until 2015. Most of us have said the target is to be ready by the first game.

"To that end, Griffin feels he's ready to do more than he is allowed. During the portions of practice devoted to special teams, he goes to a separate field and runs through a scaled-down version of the plays he missed during the 11-on-11s. He said he did get a "little bump-up" in work during Monday morning's walkthrough, but he won't join the 11-on-11 drills in the main practice until next week at the earliest."

RGIII endures 'Operation Patience' at Washington Redskins camp - NFL.com
Reading is fundamental.

"I'm with you, although I don't expect him to do any pre-season.

I feel RG3 will probably start the first regular season game, if not a couple games in."


I don't even think he'll play pre-season. I think people who are saying he's over exerting himself or endangering himself by doing say, one or two reps the 4th game of pre-season is being a little rash.

Obviously, I'm putting serious emphasis on saying the bubble wrap thing. That's called sarcasm.

I think the guy will do just fine and he's coming along nicely.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #210
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,850
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Well not serious emphasis.

Hm. Serious isn't the word I want. I'm not sure what phrase I want to use there, but Jesus, I was just saying.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29027 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25