Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #241
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

I doubt Seymour wants to sign on the cheap to be a 4 game solution.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #242
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,246
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think we may be close with Barnett. If only because his services don't seem TL be in high demand
If we sign Burnett, that means we're not going to sign a replacement DE, correct?
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

MoveOn Petitions - Keep the Washington Redskins Name
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #243
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,486
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I agree I think he would be a great signing as a fill in for 4 games and from a leadership Super Bowl veteran standpoint.
If he's on the roster for the first game he gets the whole pay, that's tough with our cap.

It's four games, we need to have depth that can survive 4 games without Jenkins.

It's probably nothing like it, but it reminds me of Vinny/Jason Taylor. The Skins team is fairly well built, and set I don't see bringing in an aging star, even if younger players are out of commission for a few games.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #244
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If he's on the roster for the first game he gets the whole pay, that's tough with our cap.

It's four games, we need to have depth that can survive 4 games without Jenkins.

It's probably nothing like it, but it reminds me of Vinny/Jason Taylor. The Skins team is fairly well built, and set I don't see bringing in an aging star, even if younger players are out of commission for a few games.
Yup good point.

I think we'll be fine filling from within.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #245
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,216
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

The tone seems to indicate that Jarvis Jenkins is a superstar that makes our team whole. I realize our DE situation is a bit concerning between Carrikier and Jenkins, but we have pretty good depth along the DL. We shouldn't rock too hard right now. The last thing I want to see is for us to start pushing today's problems into the future. We're not close enough to being in contention to make those types of moves.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #246
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 573
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Anyone else a little worried about this report (from the WP's Mike Jones)?

● LeRibeus, who was drafted in the third round in 2012 to eventually anchor the interior of the line as a guard or center, has struggled quite a bit this camp. He missed all the offseason practices with injury, so is still working his way back into football shape, as Shanahan likes to say. But he has yet to appear to make strides forward. He has worked exclusively at left guard in practices, and no longer at center, as he did last training camp and in practices during the regular season until Lichtensteiger got hurt. Kevin Matthews seems to have replaced LeRibeus as Will Montgomery’s backup.

I confess I am disappointed. You'd like to see a 3rd round OL take steps to improve and contribute, but it sounds like he's regressing. I hope it is just that he's recovering from injury, and not that he's not going about his business like a professional and putting in the hard work. Our OL was remarkably healthy last year, and we cannot assume we'll have such good fortune this year, which means we need the non-starters to really step up so there's no massive drop off.
calia is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #247
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Young Cowboys Supporters Create Clever Response To Crying Redskins Fan's Meltdown | ThePostGame

I HATE DALLAS BUT THIS IS FUNNY LMAO
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #248
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,779
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
The tone seems to indicate that Jarvis Jenkins is a superstar that makes our team whole. I realize our DE situation is a bit concerning between Carrikier and Jenkins, but we have pretty good depth along the DL. We shouldn't rock too hard right now. The last thing I want to see is for us to start pushing today's problems into the future. We're not close enough to being in contention to make those types of moves.
The only problem I have is from what I saw the DLine didn't really provide any pass rush last year, and Jenkins was the only player who I thought could improve from last year, as compared to everyone else who pretty much hit their ceiling. So the Redskins probably won't be worst than they were last year, but the problem is they won't be better. Which is a big problem when the opposing quarterback has 8 seconds to throw the ball.
donofriose is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #249
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,216
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Wow. I have to agree. Well done!
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #250
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,216
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
The only problem I have is from what I saw the DLine didn't really provide any pass rush last year, and Jenkins was the only player who I thought could improve from last year, as compared to everyone else who pretty much hit their ceiling. So the Redskins probably won't be worst than they were last year, but the problem is they won't be better. Which is a big problem when the opposing quarterback has 8 seconds to throw the ball.
We shouldn't need to rely on them for providing too much push. If those 3 guys occupy 4 OL players, they've done their job. This defense revolves around getting hands off the LBs and letting them do the lifting. Not to say you don't want push or the ability to be aggressive. But a loss to our DE group is less devastating than a loss to our LB group, in my opinion.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #251
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,779
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
We shouldn't need to rely on them for providing too much push. If those 3 guys occupy 4 OL players, they've done their job. This defense revolves around getting hands off the LBs and letting them do the lifting. Not to say you don't want push or the ability to be aggressive. But a loss to our DE group is less devastating than a loss to our LB group, in my opinion.
I agree with that to an extent. They still need to get a significant amount of push up the middle, which was lacking last year. Orakpo and Kerrigan can do there job but if the quarterback just steps up because there was no pressure coming up the middle then no matter what your linebackers do the quarterback will pick apart the defense. I felt like there were times last year where the ball would be snapped and 5 seconds later all the DLinemen were almost relaxing at the original line of scrimmage.
I think it will be extremely difficult to play good defense if the Dline doesn't play better than they did last year. I'm sick of watching Big Ben and other quarterbacks look like they will never get hit in the pocket.
donofriose is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #252
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,332
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

I'm baaaaaack.

Hope all is well with all my warpath brethren. I'll be hitting the PM session tomorrow in Richmond and posting a review. If you understand my screen name and see me, you'll know who I am.

Glad to be back.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #253
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

where u been 33???
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #254
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,486
@Mr_KevinJones: RGIII still signing autographs. It's almost an hour after practice ended. @wusa9
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #255
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 573
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I have to say, I appreciated this right up to the point at which the father opened his stupid mouth. Redskins suck, pal? Uh, who swept who last year? Did you not see the last game in which the winner took all (and the winner wasn't wearing blue and that weird pseudo-silver green color)?

Your kids rock (pretty fine acting there). But you, sir, can bite me. I cannot wait to see Orakpo lay waste to your O line.
calia is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28975 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25