Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #211
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,717
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Synder should tell them I will change the name of the team when the state of Oklahoma changes it's name.
He should definitely say that he won't change the name until every High School in America AND the Braves, Indians, Warriors, Blackhawks and Chiefs agree to do the same. It's BS that the Redskins are being singled out. All or nothing. Everyone dives into the deepend together or not at all. The 30 plus page document on the National Congress of American Indians website says ALL of these names are offensive.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #212
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,019
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Report: San Francisco Chronicle Won't Use 'Redskins' Nickname | SportsGrid

Hey we're a taboo! And real hypocritical for KC to keep on using Chiefs and not Redskins. Asshats.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #213
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,827
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Not real shocked about that....
WTF ....will we do without all the Hard core AssHat support?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #214
Registered User
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,069
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

I have changed my view on this whole name change thing from being against it to being for it. If native Americans find the name offensive who am I to tell them they shouldn't be offended?

The name needs to change, it will change. I am hopeful the logo and colors stay the same.
saden1 is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #215
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,779
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

I really wish that the group that is advocating for the Redskins to change their name would go after the whole concept of using Native Americans as team mascots/names. While I do feel we are headed in the direction of a name change, I think it is ridiculous that you got all this pressure on the Redskins, while you still have the Braves, Indians (with their caricatured mascot), the Chiefs, the Blackhawks, the Seminoles, etc,. etc.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #216
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,683
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have changed my view on this whole name change thing from being against it to being for it. If native Americans find the name offensive who am I to tell them they shouldn't be offended?

The name needs to change, it will change. I am hopeful the logo and colors stay the same.
they wont change the name and not the logo thats just dumb
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #217
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I really wish that the group that is advocating for the Redskins to change their name would go after the whole concept of using Native Americans as team mascots/names. While I do feel we are headed in the direction of a name change, I think it is ridiculous that you got all this pressure on the Redskins, while you still have the Braves, Indians (with their caricatured mascot), the Chiefs, the Blackhawks, the Seminoles, etc,. etc.
I have heard that is the game plan. it will be a domino effect. The funny thing to me is how Oneida could find Seminoles offensive if they aren't from Seminole heritage, I think that has interesting legal implications.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #218
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
they wont change the name and not the logo thats just dumb
They could go back to the old school spear perhaps?
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #219
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,779
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I have heard that is the game plan. it will be a domino effect. The funny thing to me is how Oneida could find Seminoles offensive if they aren't from Seminole heritage, I think that has interesting legal implications.
They should be focusing on that and not just one team. I don't think they'll get anywhere attacking one team.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #220
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,019
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
They could go back to the old school spear perhaps?
I looooove the old school spear. I would not be disappointed if we went back to that. A little boring but I think it still works.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #221
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,789
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have changed my view on this whole name change thing from being against it to being for it. If native Americans find the name offensive who am I to tell them they shouldn't be offended?

The name needs to change, it will change. I am hopeful the logo and colors stay the same.
I thought it was a fairly well known fact that the vast majority of Native Americans aren't offended by the name. The question you should be asking is: "Who are we to tell the Native Americans what they should be offended about?"
__________________
"...there's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1-9-15

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #222
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I looooove the old school spear. I would not be disappointed if we went back to that. A little boring but I think it still works.
Me too. The spear is the best anyway IMO. Return to the spear and keep the b&g colors.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #223
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,779
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

They should drop the name and just be called Washington.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #224
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I thought it was a fairly well known fact that the vast majority of Native Americans aren't offended by the name. The question you should be asking is: "Who are we to tell the Native Americans what they should be offended about?"
Do we know that? The last scientific survey done was in 2004. A lot of opinions can change in 10 years. I know we all can find anecdotal evidence to support the issue one way or the other, but to get the full picture we genuinely need to be asking Native Americans how they feel in as unbiased as possible. With the amount of attention this issue is receiving however, I am not sure that opportunity will arise.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #225
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,789
Re: Darrell Green does not support Redskin name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Do we know that? The last scientific survey done was in 2004. A lot of opinions can change in 10 years. I know we all can find anecdotal evidence to support the issue one way or the other, but to get the full picture we genuinely need to be asking Native Americans how they feel in as unbiased as possible. With the amount of attention this issue is receiving however, I am not sure that opportunity will arise.
I was basing my post off two things: the recent, unscientific poll that showed that 90% of Native Americans aren't offended, and Native Americans that have come out and said they didn't find the name offensive.
__________________
"...there's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot, 1-9-15

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26138 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25