Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #91
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,950
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Can't wait to see the rookies play. Even though rookie DB's usually struggle their first year I hope they can have half the impact last years rookies had. Reed and Jenkins should be exciting players as well.
donofriose is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #92
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Can't wait to see the rookies play. Even though rookie DB's usually struggle their first year I hope they can have half the impact last years rookies had. Reed and Jenkins should be exciting players as well.
My only concern with Reed and Thompson is their health. I hope we use them wisely and not too much.

Rambo though was my favorite pick of the draft. And I keep forgetting we drafted Amerson who is doing very good in camp.

But as we mentioned earlier, just because your great at practicing doesn't mean your great at playing.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #93
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,208
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

After last season, RGIII has lost all credibility when it comes to his health. He's shown that he is willing to sacrifice everything(including the future) to get on the field. I don't buy it and chances are Mike doesn't buy it either. Shanny learned the hard way last season.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #94
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

yeah i am on Mikes side as well
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #95
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,950
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
My only concern with Reed and Thompson is their health. I hope we use them wisely and not too much.

Rambo though was my favorite pick of the draft. And I keep forgetting we drafted Amerson who is doing very good in camp.

But as we mentioned earlier, just because your great at practicing doesn't mean your great at playing.
I completely agree. Sanchez has been looking great at practice recently...
donofriose is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #96
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
After last season, RGIII has lost all credibility when it comes to his health. He's shown that he is willing to sacrifice everything(including the future) to get on the field. I don't buy it and chances are Mike doesn't buy it either. Shanny learned the hard way last season.
The flip side to this is that mike doesn't have Roberts knee so he really doesn't know.

That's the gamble to this business especially at QB.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #97
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,550
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
My only concern with Reed and Thompson is their health. I hope we use them wisely and not too much.

Rambo though was my favorite pick of the draft. And I keep forgetting we drafted Amerson who is doing very good in camp.

But as we mentioned earlier, just because your great at practicing doesn't mean your great at playing.
Thompson hasn't made the 53 man roster by any stretch of the imagination. He is a 3rd Down Back only unless he gets the chance and shows something as PR/KR. I can't see him beating out a healthy Roy Helu, Jr. and it doesn't look like he's the coaches' first choice for PR or KR.

Right now, he's in a tough position. He needs to get healthy and do something to stand out in the exhibition games.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #98
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,578
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
After last season, RGIII has lost all credibility when it comes to his health. He's shown that he is willing to sacrifice everything(including the future) to get on the field. I don't buy it and chances are Mike doesn't buy it either. Shanny learned the hard way last season.
yeah. cooley said that a player gets one chance to have some input on whether he plays injured or not. if you lie and say you are okay then aggravate your injury . . .you never get the benefit of the doubt from the coach again.

im not sure if he was talking specifically about shanny or football coaches in general.

but yeah, rg3 needs to chill.

honestly i wouldnt start him until after the bye. starting the season 2-2 under cousins w a bye week to fully install RG3 sounds best for the long term goal.

rg3's knee is not going to make it past 5 years at this rate and they way he pushes himself ...
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #99
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,835
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
yeah. cooley said that a player gets one chance to have some input on whether he plays injured or not. if you lie and say you are okay then aggravate your injury . . .you never get the benefit of the doubt from the coach again.

im not sure if he was talking specifically about shanny or football coaches in general.

but yeah, rg3 needs to chill.

honestly i wouldnt start him until after the bye. starting the season 2-2 under cousins w a bye week to fully install RG3 sounds best for the long term goal.

rg3's knee is not going to make it past 5 years at this rate and they way he pushes himself ...
Paging Dr. Andrews Stat


How can you possibly make any of thus allegations you are not a doctor.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now  
Old 08-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #100
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,589
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

After watching RG3 throw yesterday, I have zero concerns and he will be absolutely ready for the season opener. He was out there going full speed. Watching him in drills roll out and throw on the run, he looked like a beast out there. Full cannon arm, balance, saw even like a roll, jump throw...He looked great.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #101
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
After watching RG3 throw yesterday, I have zero concerns and he will be absolutely ready for the season opener. He was out there going full speed. Watching him in drills roll out and throw on the run, he looked like a beast out there. Full cannon arm, balance, saw even like a roll, jump throw...He looked great.
Last week several observers commented that RGIII was running with a slight limp. Was this true when you saw him?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #102
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

^good news!
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #103
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

With healthy RG3, Orakpo, Redskins out to prove NFC East title no fluke - CBSSports.com
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 08-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #104
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,589
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Last week several observers commented that RGIII was running with a slight limp. Was this true when you saw him?
I didnt see a limp and this was only in drills. Watching him in these sprint out throws, only thing next is contact. I was actually surprised to see him working that hard.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 08-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #105
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I didnt see a limp and this was only in drills. Watching him in these sprint out throws, only thing next is contact. I was actually surprised to see him working that hard.
Awesome. Thanks for the info Chico.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27987 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25