Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #121
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Last week several observers commented that RGIII was running with a slight limp. Was this true when you saw him?
A knee brace will change your stride a little and give you a hitch.

I've worn one...feels and probably looks strange when running but it holds everything together.

So he might be running 4.4 instead of 4.3 in the 40 this year just from the brace, but I'd rather be extra cautious.





For flashback's sake:
Robert Griffin ran a 4.3 '40' during Sunday's game-winning touchdown run? - CBSSports.com
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #122
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,190
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
honestly i wouldnt start him until after the bye. starting the season 2-2 under cousins w a bye week to fully install RG3 sounds best for the long term goal.

rg3's knee is not going to make it past 5 years at this rate and they way he pushes himself ...
I wouldn't go as far as to put a time frame on it, but doctors and coaches will be able to tell from his throws and runs when he plants. If he is compensating weight any, than chances are he's not ready. I'll let the medical and coaching staff determine that.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #123
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
yeah. cooley said that a player gets one chance to have some input on whether he plays injured or not. if you lie and say you are okay then aggravate your injury . . .you never get the benefit of the doubt from the coach again.

im not sure if he was talking specifically about shanny or football coaches in general.

but yeah, rg3 needs to chill.

honestly i wouldnt start him until after the bye. starting the season 2-2 under cousins w a bye week to fully install RG3 sounds best for the long term goal.

rg3's knee is not going to make it past 5 years at this rate and they way he pushes himself ...
That makes zero sense. Do you feel the same about Orakpo, Merriweather, F. Davis, Garcon and Morgan also? They are all recovering from surgery and have been cleared by doctors for all football activities. By the end of August they will all be practicing fully in all aspects. Should they also be prevented from starting until week 5? He's a football player, not a pre-k teacher. Quit being a Nancy.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #124
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,236
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If he's got the green light from the doctors, who is anyone else to say when he should play? Holding him out due to fear is just silly.
Because of the sheer amount of re-aggrevated injuries we've seen after the doctor says he's good? I'm not against him starting from week 1, but I understand the stance of being more conservative. Give him the time to make sure he's ready. There will be a bullseye on that knee, and I want it 100% ready to make it, not 90%.
__________________
Best. Player. Available.
Daseal is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #125
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Because of the sheer amount of re-aggrevated injuries we've seen after the doctor says he's good? I'm not against him starting from week 1, but I understand the stance of being more conservative. Give him the time to make sure he's ready. There will be a bullseye on that knee, and I want it 100% ready to make it, not 90%.
With RG3 specifically or others? Not sure what you mean exactly.

Injuries are going to happen no matter what. They could hold him out all year and he could get hurt in the first mini-camp next year.

If he's ok to play, put him out there week 1. And let it be a decision based on medical evidence, not out of fear that he's going to get hurt again. It's football, he had surgery and now he's healed. Time to play again.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #126
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
I thought we were all in for week 1
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #127
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
With RG3 specifically or others? Not sure what you mean exactly.

Injuries are going to happen no matter what. They could hold him out all year and he could get hurt in the first mini-camp next year.

If he's ok to play, put him out there week 1. And let it be a decision based on medical evidence, not out of fear that he's going to get hurt again. It's football, he had surgery and now he's healed. Time to play again.
Agreed
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #128
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

i'm with matty on this one.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #129
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Well, can't be worse than Madoodoo Williams. I think of Williams last year as having a rookie, but slowly declining instead of slowly ascending.
True
The Goat is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #130
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

I understand people being nervous, that's natural. I'm definitely going to be nervous for him until he takes some hits and gets back up. But you can't wrap the guy in bubble wrap or keep him on the sidelines forever.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #131
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,826
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I understand people being nervous, that's natural. I'm definitely going to be nervous for him until he takes some hits and gets back up. But you can't wrap the guy in bubble wrap or keep him on the sidelines forever.
He is like a Porsche he must be driven! Yeah you don't want crash your Porsche but it is no fun just sitting in the garage.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,572
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

i 100% agree that its the medical staff's call but he is only 6-7 months post repeat ACL reconstruction surgery. im not a doctor at all but this is his 2nd total reconstruction on the same knee.

how elastic can this newly attached ligament be? i imagine his knee is tight as hell right now. i guess the medical staff is slowly progressing his physical exertion of the knee and keeping a very close eye on any swelling.

now this might sound real crazy but id scope the knee before week 1 to make sure there are no slight tears or stretches that might not show up on an MRI.
__________________
If anyone has tickets they cannot sell or use, please send me a PM if you would be willing to give them to me. Thank you.
over the mountain is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #133
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

right more invasive surgery, that's what is needed. Paging Dr. Nick.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #134
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i 100% agree that its the medical staff's call but he is only 6-7 months post repeat ACL reconstruction surgery. im not a doctor at all but this is his 2nd total reconstruction on the same knee.

how elastic can this newly attached ligament be? i imagine his knee is tight as hell right now. i guess the medical staff is slowly progressing his physical exertion of the knee and keeping a very close eye on any swelling.

now this might sound real crazy but id scope the knee before week 1 to make sure there are no slight tears or stretches that might not show up on an MRI.
The doctor's know what's going on. We're going to have to trust them. He certainly doesn't look like he's having any setbacks.

The way I understand:

He didn't re-tear the ACL, at least not completely. They looked at it when they went in for the other injured ligaments (MCL and LCL) and didn't like the way it was done by the Baylor docs and did a revision to make it stronger.

He didn't tear the ACL a second time. This procedure should actually prevent him from doing so as the prior surgery was cleaned up and done right to strengthen it.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #135
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
The doctor's know what's going on. We're going to have to trust them. He certainly doesn't look like he's having any setbacks.

The way I understand:

He didn't re-tear the ACL, at least not completely. They looked at it when they went in for the other injured ligaments (MCL and LCL) and didn't like the way it was done by the Baylor docs and did a revision to make it stronger.

He didn't tear the ACL a second time. This procedure should actually prevent him from doing so as the prior surgery was cleaned up and done right to strengthen it.
They don't repair partially torn ACL's.

They re-did his ACL as if he had torn it all the way. Revision, re-do, same thing.

Meaning he started from scratch just like the first time.

Quote:
As Griffin was undergoing surgery, his father, Robert Griffin II, texted to USA TODAY Sports: "Robert's ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession. You and I could be fine. But he is an athlete. So they will replace.''

RGIII's dad says Redskins quarterback had ACL replaced
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32294 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25