Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins @ Titans Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #256
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
preseason Pat White = preseason Colt Brennan
and I would have taken Colt Brennan over Rex. He was younger, more mobile, and had a better spiral. Not to mention he had more upside, Rex is maxed out.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #257
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
So the Skins shouldn't start Pat White?
First thing I'm doing in Madden is trading Griffin and Cousins. It's all about Pat White.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #258
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Well then hopefully what your saying is both will be off the team and some no name Rookie will be on the PS.

Rex looked bad last night. bad against second stringers.
Were you watching the game? His protection was terrible as the 2nd team line got abused. Rex hung in there and made some nice passes, and flat out had a drop. He threw one or two that he shouldn't have....to me that's a typical Rex performance. I actually thought he played decent. I think Rex could go 20 /25 and 300 yards and the fans will still bitch about him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #259
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Rex got no help from the Oline, and I didnt think it was that bad. It was 3rd string QBing...what do you expect?

Cousins said in an interview, Rex has had a huge impact in his development and alot of his early success is directly attributed to Rex being there and showing both him and RG3 Kyle's system and how to carry themself.

Need people like that on the roster.
So now we make excuses for Rex as to why he looks bad but PW... not allowed to have excuses. I call BS.

Rex sucks. period. As for Cousin's development...that can be done from a coaches position. Rex should not be taking up a spot on this team. He was a has been when he got here and still is a has been. What makes it worse is he now is in a system that does not suit him. Rex is a simple Pro style QB and definitely should not be in a college spread style offense.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #260
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
First thing I'm doing in Madden is trading Griffin and Cousins. It's all about Pat White.
All were talking about is who takes the 3rd QB spot. Personally I'd rather have PW who is younger, healthier, throws decent spirals, and can thread the needle as he did several times.

Yes even though it was against 4th stringers. He atleast has up side and mobility. Rex is not going to get any better, Rex is not going to all of a sudden become mobile.

He was never mobile under the basic offense 4 yrs ago and still is not mobile. Plus he makes stupid decisions.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #261
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

We might as well debate who the backup long snapper should be. That would probably be a more productive discussion.

Barring injury White isn't making the team, sorry.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #262
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,008
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
and I would have taken Colt Brennan over Rex. He was younger, more mobile, and had a better spiral. Not to mention he had more upside, Rex is maxed out.
Chances are no one will see Grossman, White, or Brennan take a single real snap this year. It doesn't matter who might or might not be better - likely they're all irrelevant.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #263
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
We might as well debate who the backup long snapper should be. That would probably be a more productive discussion.

Barring injury White isn't making the team, sorry.
The only positives I can say about pat white are:

He's better than tebow

He's more athletic than grossman

He could be interesting to have or bring back to use in a package with him and RG3 on the field lined up next to each other


Other than that its not worth having him over a guy like Chris Thompson of Chase Minnifield for an extra tackle (offensive or defensive )
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #264
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Well then hopefully what your saying is both will be off the team and some no name Rookie will be on the PS.

Rex looked bad last night. bad against second stringers.
I fail to see how he looked "bad". He looked under pressure but he drove us down the field several times only to get short-circuited by penalties. He wasn't great certainly either.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #265
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
All were talking about is who takes the 3rd QB spot. Personally I'd rather have PW who is younger, healthier, throws decent spirals, and can thread the needle as he did several times.

Yes even though it was against 4th stringers. He atleast has up side and mobility. Rex is not going to get any better, Rex is not going to all of a sudden become mobile.

He was never mobile under the basic offense 4 yrs ago and still is not mobile. Plus he makes stupid decisions.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #266
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,849
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

I ask this seriously, b/c I can't remember, did any throw by PW travel more than 20 yards through the air (from his hand to the point of reception)?

And yeah, Matty, I could count drink my beer, check the twitter feeds and post in the game thread while PW was delivering the ball. You could really see this at training camp. When the 4 QB's were throwing, RGIII's ball invariably arrived first and generally with time to switch and watch another receiver make a catch. PW's ball was almost always the last to get from QB to receiver - regardless of the drill.

With PW in there, the field shrinks to about 20 yards past the line of scrimmage and mediocre man coverage wins. At least Grossman can make all the throws. If we really ever needed to play our 3rd QB in a game situation, Grossman over White every time.

If your argument is PW is the next Colt Brennan, I think you have already proved the "PW not making the roster" crowd's case.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #267
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,829
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

I think it should be a rule moving forward the first post in every game day thread is this:

__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #268
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I fail to see how he looked "bad". He looked under pressure but he drove us down the field several times only to get short-circuited by penalties. He wasn't great certainly either.
There is a reason Grossman is not the starter. There is a reason the team drafted not one but two QB's last year. Because Grossman was not getting the job done. So why keep him? He's old. He's has no mobility. He and his peak has already been reached.

PW in my opinion was in the wrong system and situation in Miami. He's young. He's mobile. and he has a ton of up side and potential.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #269
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,008
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
There is a reason Grossman is not the starter. There is a reason the team drafted not one but two QB's last year. Because Grossman was not getting the job done. So why keep him? He's old. He's has no mobility. He and his peak has already been reached.

PW in my opinion was in the wrong system and situation in Miami. He's young. He's mobile. and he has a ton of up side and potential.
If we are going to make "there is a reason..." arguments, I may offer one: there is a reason why Pat White was out of work for a long time and is unwanted by any other team.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #270
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins @ Titans Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I ask this seriously, b/c I can't remember, did any throw by PW travel more than 20 yards through the air (from his hand to the point of reception)?

And yeah, Matty, I could count drink my beer, check the twitter feeds and post in the game thread while PW was delivering the ball. You could really see this at training camp. When the 4 QB's were throwing, RGIII's ball invariably arrived first and generally with time to switch and watch another receiver make a catch. PW's ball was almost always the last to get from QB to receiver - regardless of the drill.

With PW in there, the field shrinks to about 20 yards past the line of scrimmage and mediocre man coverage wins. At least Grossman can make all the throws. If we really ever needed to play our 3rd QB in a game situation, Grossman over White every time.

If your argument is PW is the next Colt Brennan, I think you have already proved the "PW not making the roster" crowd's case.
I guess if you think McNabb is better then Brennan then you got him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29041 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25