Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RGIII cleared to start week 1

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #31
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 614
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Redskins will say something in the next day or so, that no decisions has been made. They are just keeping the Eagles guessing.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 49
Posts: 15,818
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
What about when they are 40 and wanting to commit suicide because the pain from all of the knee surgeries is unbearable?
How many players are saying that?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #33
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,613
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
How many players are saying that?
Someone locked the door and turned off the lights in the assumptions room with Skinsman trapped inside with that statement.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #34
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 645
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Chances are much greater that players will suffer multiple concussions over the course of their career than a severe knee injury.
You do realize that there are players that have had well into the double digit knee surgeries?

While concussions are never good, being removed from the games and not being allowed to play until their symptoms are gone will go a long way to preventing some of the problems that the older players are dealing with. One of the biggest problems with dealing with concussions is suffering a second one while the first one hasnt healed. It drives the bruising deeper into the brain. Which is why I have said that the players who originally filed the lawsuits against the NFL are hurting their chances by letting anyone join in on the lawsuits. The fact that Pat White was apart of these suits hurts their chances at winning imo. Players of today are retiring early if they suffer multiple concussions. Because they understand the risks associated with it a lot better.

Im not against the new rules for head shots, and in fact, support them. But knee injuries have also caused a good amount of problems for past players, just like concussions. Maybe advances in medicine nullify a fair amount of this just like the NFL finally admitting that concussions are bad.

There have been players kill themselves over not being able to deal with the pain. What does it matter if they do that at 50 due to early onset dementia or at 50 because of to much pain from their knees? Its the same result.

I realize that most people dont understand the pain associated with this. And maybe it just hits home with me more than others. I knew a guy that I worked construction with for a few years. I had quit the job and went to work elsewhere as an office manager. I came home 5 years later to a message from my old boss asking me to call him. When I did, I found out that the guy I worked side by side with had committed suicide because all the manual labor he had done through his life had destroyed his body and he couldnt deal with the pain anymore. It is not only head injuries that cause this stuff. Most of you will never have to deal with it. But just because you dont deal with it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. Most of you are completely ignorant about these issues and assume that only head injuries are bad and nothing else is a problem. Im not trying to blame anyone, but at least understand that it is a real issue.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,460
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
You do realize that there are players that have had well into the double digit knee surgeries?
Yeah of course, but again there are probably far more players with multiple concussions over the course of their careers than guys with multiple knee injuries. And you can't tell me a brain injury is less of a concern than a knee.

How about we just get back on topic.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #36
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 645
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
How many players are saying that?
Nobody is saying it. How many people announce that they want to commit suicide? Most, not necessarily all, just deal with and smile until they put the gun to their heads.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 645
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Yeah of course, but again there are probably far more players with multiple concussions over the course of their careers than guys with multiple knee injuries. And you can't tell me a brain injury is less of a concern than a knee.

How about we just get back on topic.
As I said, its easier to be ignorant about it and act like it doesnt happen. And never once have I said a brain injury is not a concern. Never. So dont put words in my mouth on this subject.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #38
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,460
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
As I said, its easier to be ignorant about it and act like it doesnt happen. And never once have I said a brain injury is not a concern. Never. So dont put words in my mouth on this subject.
Ok you win. I'm not even sure what your point is or why you raised this issue in the first place.

Let's move on.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #39
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,656
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

So RG3 playing Week 1. I wonder if this is MS' way to get into Chip Kelly's head? LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #40
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 28
Posts: 1,915
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Woooooo ofiashoefdkfnsdfihjefi8hxkcvnkcvndkzfnd wooooohooooooo lol...
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #41
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,560
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Ok you win. I'm not even sure what your point is or why you raised this issue in the first place.

Let's move on.
This is comical; I love this web site!
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #42
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,202
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
They are suing because the NFL did studies on concussions and the evidence pointed out that a player should not be inserted back into a game after a concussion. Yet the owners and commissioner buried that evidence because it meant not having the star players on the field. The NFL made a decision to put players at risk so they could make billions instead of risking a few dollars by having the back ups play. The NFL made a conscious decision to not care about long term damage to the players so the owners and commissioner could have a slightly larger paycheck.
Let's be honest. Most....(not all) players are suing because there is money to be made. This entire lawsuit is mostly based on money. If I were a former player, I'd probably be on the lawsuit too! A kicker is on the lawsuit! lol...I guess he got a concussion kicking the ball too hard!
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #43
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,528
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Well, I was exaggerating a bit, but these knee injuries are season-enders, where as other injuries don't seem to take you out for the rest of the year.
I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere Rothlisberger said something to that effect, would rather get hit in the head than the knees.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #44
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,129
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Its only "official" if Dr. Andrews says it. We all expected it and the chances of him not being cleared are incredibly small. But a great chance of it happening does not constitute it being official.


HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7

Adam Schefter is pretty adamant that RGIII starting week 1 is official.. Says Andrews will clear him tommorrow but it's official now.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #45
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: RGIII cleared to start week 1

Per the season opener, I hope we run it down the Iggles gdamn throats with Morris and Helu all game long. And it opens up passing lanes for RG and those quick strikes to Moss, Garcon, Morgan, Hank and the TE's.

If we commit to the run and control the clock all season, I think this team seriously flies.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30748 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25