Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL-Week 1

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #211
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,458
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Bless Rudi Gernreich
Who Invented the Thong?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #212
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
3 great games this week ought to highlight how defenses studied the read option.

The best being GB/SF. After getting gashed last year you know GBs defense prepped hard for this game. Will Clay Matthews make good on the Just Hit the QB plan or will they be more disciplined.

Next, SEA/CAR, two RO teams that practice against it with two strong defenses.

Finally, our Skins v Philly. A college coach, well versed in the RO, with a DC who can run both 4-3 or 3-4. And obviously our D goes against the best RO qb everyday in practice.

All in all a great opening weekend, and Football is Back!!!!
Speaking of read option,not nfl related but watching BYU just destroy Texas last night running the read option was something else,but unlike us{this yr} BYU was not afraid to rush their qb who had over 250 yards rushing.
I think the read option can still be somewhat effective for us,but without the threat of the qb running with the ball it wont be what it could be.
And I'm not saying we should run RG3,I dont want us too,but defenses know were gonna be scared to run him so when we run the read option they wont have to worry about him running with it{unless of course the season starts and the skins defy everybody and run RG3 like they did last yr}
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #213
Pro Bowl
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,237
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Bless Rudi Gernreich
Who Invented the Thong?
This thread sucks without pictures to enhance it's meaning .



__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #214
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,564
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Enough of the ray Lewis dick riding on espn.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #215
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,889
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Enough of the ray Lewis dick riding on espn.
Hey now, he's the best accomplice to murder to ever play the game! (OK, maybe after OJ, Rae Carruth, Hernandez, etc., nevermind.)
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #216
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Speaking of read option,not nfl related but watching BYU just destroy Texas last night running the read option was something else,but unlike us{this yr} BYU was not afraid to rush their qb who had over 250 yards rushing.
I think the read option can still be somewhat effective for us,but without the threat of the qb running with the ball it wont be what it could be.
And I'm not saying we should run RG3,I dont want us too,but defenses know were gonna be scared to run him so when we run the read option they wont have to worry about him running with it{unless of course the season starts and the skins defy everybody and run RG3 like they did last yr}
I doubt that.

Can't play or coach scared in this league.

One long run on his part and the defense will pay attention.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #217
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,190
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Is it that bad? Cowboys beg ticket holders to stand up and cheer | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW


__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #218
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,564
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Couple things today:

Seattle shouldn't go into Carolina over confident today. They might get smacked.

New regimes I most interested to see will be Chicago going against a tough cinny team. Very interested how the browns come out and play. That's a talented coaching staff.

A lot of questions about the giants team going into the season, especially with the defense.

What rookie qb has the best debut today? Ej or geno?
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #219
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,801
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Dallas is going through something similar to what we go through here. Big new stadium filled with corporate sponsors and that doesn't translate to a real home field advantage.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #220
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,650
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

What is up with all this Seattle Love? Jesus.
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #221
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I doubt that.

Can't play or coach scared in this league.

One long run on his part and the defense will pay attention.
Thats true but you can coach smart.Can you imagine the criticism coach would face from the media and the fans if we came out using RG3 like we did last yr?
Besides the criticism,do you really want them to come out using him like that?
I know he didnt get hurt on a designed running play,I dont need told that.But he still got hurt running with the ball and took a hit a normal persons leg would have snapped off.Giving him designed running plays just open him up that much more for something like that to happen.
If he had no prior knee surgeries I wouldnt be opposed to it,but after 2 on the same knee I dont think its very smart.I want him healthy and utilize his speed to avoid the sack and if he needs to take off running to do it so be it but go out of bounds or get down quick.

Yes one long run would make defenses pay attn,but how often does that happen? Is it worth exposing him over and over for 1 long run that might happen?
From what I can tell reading your post you think RG3 is almost superhuman or invincible.He is head and shoulders above most people but he's just as vulnerable as any other qb,2 knee surgeries on the same knee in 4 yrs proves that.
I'm not against him running it some,but 10 carries a game is way too much
I'd like that number to be 3 or less
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #222
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Thats true but you can coach smart.Can you imagine the criticism coach would face from the media and the fans if we came out using RG3 like we did last yr?
Besides the criticism,do you really want them to come out using him like that?
I know he didnt get hurt on a designed running play,I dont need told that.But he still got hurt running with the ball and took a hit a normal persons leg would have snapped off.Giving him designed running plays just open him up that much more for something like that to happen.
If he had no prior knee surgeries I wouldnt be opposed to it,but after 2 on the same knee I dont think its very smart.I want him healthy and utilize his speed to avoid the sack and if he needs to take off running to do it so be it but go out of bounds or get down quick.

Yes one long run would make defenses pay attn,but how often does that happen? Is it worth exposing him over and over for 1 long run that might happen?
From what I can tell reading your post you think RG3 is almost superhuman or invincible.He is head and shoulders above most people but he's just as vulnerable as any other qb,2 knee surgeries on the same knee in 4 yrs proves that.
I'm not against him running it some,but 10 carries a game is way too much
I'd like that number to be 3 or less
Using him like what exactly? Like running the read option 8 times a game or so? I fully expect that to continue.

As for designed runs like draws, they pretty much stopped using that the second half of last year so I'd expect that trend to continue.

His health is in his hands. When he runs he needs to get down or out of bounds.

Again, can't play or coach scared. Gotta play and coach like he was never hurt.

Did the Vikings coddle AP last year?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #223
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,416
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

AP with a 78 yard TD run, just amazing
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #224
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,564
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Hilarious start to tenn vs pitts
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #225
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,564
Re: Around the NFL-Week 1

Do I see 3 safeties on the scoreboard? Weird

Jake locker ****ing sux
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29147 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25