Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins v Eagles post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Most disappointing part of the loss to the Eagles?
Turnovers/penalties 42 38.89%
Poor tackling 27 25.00%
Offensive struggles 33 30.56%
Other 6 5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #346
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,507
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yeah, but I guess I always think of him more in a slow paced grind it out kind of way. Don't know that much about him though.
Billick ran the Minnesota offense when they had a high-powered '90's aerial attack featuring Randall Cunningham/Brad Johnson/Robert Smith/Randy Moss/Cris Carter in their heydays. One year they broke the season scoring record set by the TheismannSkins.

Billick became grind-it-out after he joined the QB-less Ravens.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #347
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,253
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Overreaction Tuesday continues:
Y! SPORTS

What a clown.
There is a ton of sports media garbage within Yahoo sports. I mean, Bleacher Report level stuff.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #348
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,507
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
There is a ton of sports media garbage within Yahoo sports. I mean, Bleacher Report level stuff.
Yeah, Yahoo used to have a higher standard. Now it mixes real news with crap.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #349
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,406
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Overreaction Tuesday continues:
Y! SPORTS

What a clown.
I dont see him as being a clown,what do you disagree with? I think he's spot on about RG3,what do you disagree with?
Where he could be wrong is about Morris,by middle of the year teams knew not to under estimate Morris,so I think he's wrong there.But I think he will be right about Morris's production.He will probably still get a 1000 yards but I dont think he approaches last yrs 1600.Without the threat of Rg3 running and the misdirection of the read option he's not going to see the lanes he saw last yr
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #350
Impact Rookie
 
Skinzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 670
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I dont see him as being a clown,what do you disagree with? I think he's spot on about RG3,what do you disagree with?
Where he could be wrong is about Morris,by middle of the year teams knew not to under estimate Morris,so I think he's wrong there.But I think he will be right about Morris's production.He will probably still get a 1000 yards but I dont think he approaches last yrs 1600.Without the threat of Rg3 running and the misdirection of the read option he's not going to see the lanes he saw last yr
One of the things I disagree with is this.

"Defenses underestimated him but won't this season. Don't be surprised if he gains fewer than 1,000 yards this season. How talented can he be if so many pro scouts didn't view him as a top running back and the Skins didn't draft him until the sixth round?"

Keep in mind, Morris was one of the league leaders in yards after contact. You dont get that by being a terrible back. People stopped underestimating Alfred pretty early on last year. He was not underestimated the entire last half of the season when they won 7 straight.

I also cant stand the rational that if you are selected in the 6th round, then you are terrible football player. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. Terrelle Davis was a 6th rounder. Joe Jacoby was undrafted back when there were a lot more than 7 rounds. The list goes on.
Skinzman is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #351
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,253
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I dont see him as being a clown,what do you disagree with? I think he's spot on about RG3,what do you disagree with?
Where he could be wrong is about Morris,by middle of the year teams knew not to under estimate Morris,so I think he's wrong there.But I think he will be right about Morris's production.He will probably still get a 1000 yards but I dont think he approaches last yrs 1600.Without the threat of Rg3 running and the misdirection of the read option he's not going to see the lanes he saw last yr
Because he first discredits RG3 as a passer but not acknowledging thats his strength, and basically says system QB. He says Morris wont be as good because he was picked in the 6th round.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #352
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,507
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Because he first discredits RG3 as a passer but not acknowledging thats his strength, and basically says system QB. He says Morris wont be as good because he was picked in the 6th round.
Yeah, that's not a sound argument that he made. That argument means that Tom Brady is no good.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #353
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,109
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

He's a clown for this "logic":

Quote:
Defenses underestimated him but won't this season. Don't be surprised if he gains fewer than 1,000 yards this season. How talented can he be if so many pro scouts didn't view him as a top running back and the Skins didn't draft him until the sixth round?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #354
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post

I also cant stand the rational that if you are selected in the 6th round, then you are terrible football player. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. Terrelle Davis was a 6th rounder. Joe Jacoby was undrafted back when there were a lot more than 7 rounds. The list goes on.
Man... Fletcher must be really bad too...
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #355
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,499
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
One of the things I disagree with is this.

"Defenses underestimated him but won't this season. Don't be surprised if he gains fewer than 1,000 yards this season. How talented can he be if so many pro scouts didn't view him as a top running back and the Skins didn't draft him until the sixth round?"

Keep in mind, Morris was one of the league leaders in yards after contact. You dont get that by being a terrible back. People stopped underestimating Alfred pretty early on last year. He was not underestimated the entire last half of the season when they won 7 straight.

I also cant stand the rational that if you are selected in the 6th round, then you are terrible football player. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder. Terrelle Davis was a 6th rounder. Joe Jacoby was undrafted back when there were a lot more than 7 rounds. The list goes on.
What the hell does underestimating mean? I'm pretty sure if "underestimating" was even a think, teams stopped doing that last year around week 4.. Yet Morris went on to break a Redskins rushing record, and gashed the Cowboys for 200 yards in week 17 when RG3 could still barley walk.

I do agree that Morris may not have as good of a season as last year, but the way he presented that was pretty stupid. If you make an NFL roster, I'm pretty sure you're not "underestimated".
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #356
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,779
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Reports -- DeAngelo Hall of Washington Redskins fined $20K for tackle - ESPN

NFL thought Hall's tackle was bad enough to fine him.
donofriose is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #357
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,109
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Reports -- DeAngelo Hall of Washington Redskins fined $20K for tackle - ESPN

NFL thought Hall's tackle was bad enough to fine him.
It was pretty bad, they were 5 yards out of bounds and he was still hanging on him.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #358
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

game was so bad in the 1st that I forgot hall's easiest ever TD return. How many Tds does he have in his career now though? Seems like he gets one a year
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #359
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,406
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He's a clown for this "logic":
Ok I"ll give you that,the logic about being a 6th round pick is pretty stupid.I think he was pretty spot on about RG3.I think he's correct in saying Morris wont gain as many yards this yr but his reasoning of it being because he's a 6th round pick and being underestimated is flawed
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline  
Old 09-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #360
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

I mean it's not exactly an edgy opinion to suggest that the Redskins may be in trouble this year. The NFL did its best to give RG3 a homecoming opponent for his return, and they really beat our ass. They got exposed.

I think it's more productive to focus on how a team with more talent than it has had in the last five years can rally and improve over the next few weeks. Maybe they can. Maybe they'll struggle. But if you were going to predict doom for this team, you kind of missed the window where that's a prediction and not an observation.

People were down-ish on this team in the preaseason, but no one I read picked them to finish below Philadelphia.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31473 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25