Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins v Eagles post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Most disappointing part of the loss to the Eagles?
Turnovers/penalties 42 38.89%
Poor tackling 27 25.00%
Offensive struggles 33 30.56%
Other 6 5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #76
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,811
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
What game were you watching?

McCoy has LOADs of talent before Kellys gimmick offense came here. Vick was always a big play QB. DeSean jackson is another fast and explosive player. The whole OL for Philly is a complete 180 from last years team. Celek is a good TE.

So where is this talent lacking beside a few areas on the defense?


The Packers are different because they don't run as fast of a paced offense as Philly does. We're used to them, so next week we better not be playing the fake the injury cause we're tired card or the 'we've never seen this offense before' card either.
Lol...I think McCoy starts for every team in the league except Minnesota.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #77
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I am more worried about how the Skins are going to stop Green Bay from putting up 40 points than scoring on Green Bay right now.

Also it seemed Reed replaced Davis for the majority of the 4th quarter. Does anyone know if Davis was hurt? Or did the Skins just take him out because Reed was playing better.
As am I. But like I mentioned we should have better defensive substitutions and packages with Rodgers the green bays offense than we did tonight with Phillys quick gimmicky college offense.

Also we may get Brandon Meriweather back next week, so we should see. We somehow beat the Packers a few years ago with McNabb and bad players on both sides of the ball, so I like our chances (not saying we will win, saying we'll keep it close and reasonable) with Green Bay having gotten worse on both sides of the ball since then (OL, DL, MLB, Safety)
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #78
The Starter
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 31
Posts: 1,191
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Next time we play the Eagles, stopping McCoy needs to be #1 priority. I'll take our chances with them throwing all the bubble screens. Make them throw 20 bubble screens and punish McCoy/Vick all game.
__________________
What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #79
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
What game were you watching?

McCoy has LOADs of talent before Kellys gimmick offense came here. Vick was always a big play QB. DeSean jackson is another fast and explosive player. The whole OL for Philly is a complete 180 from last years team. Celek is a good TE.

So where is this talent lacking beside a few areas on the defense?


The Packers are different because they don't run as fast of a paced offense as Philly does. We're used to them, so next week we better not be playing the fake the injury cause we're tired card or the 'we've never seen this offense before' card either.
McCoy is great, but if you thought that the Eagles scored a bunch of points because they were really talented, you're going to really hate playing the rest of the league.

I mean, if DeSean Jackson's your second best player (or Brent Celek, whoever), that says a lot. It's not that Jackson, Celek aren't good, but you can handle them one on one.

You can credit the Eagles for getting their sh-t together with what they had, and I thought they had a really impressive effort tonight. But that team is McCoy, a couple of face cards, and a crappy hand.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #80
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
That wasn't the same offense he ran at Oregon. The tempo was similar but at Oregon there was more on an emphasize on the triple option and getting your playmakers in space using the option pitch.

Today I saw zone blocking with McCoy getting the ball cutting up field and a lot of missed tackled. Teams always struggle with brand new offenses in the NFL. Remember the wildcat?

I trust the defense watched a lot of tape of what they felt would be the closest resemblance of Kelly's offense in the NFL, it is just almost impossible to predict what a coach will do opening day in his first NFL game.
You...aren't familiar with Oregon, I'm guessing.

McCoy creates a lot of missed tackles. But that's not something we didn't know going into this game, and it's not an excuse.

I'm just not into making excuses for a lack of preparation. If you can be unprepared for what the Eagles brought tonight, you can be unprepared for any offense. What they were running wasn't particularlr unique, they just are good at constraining defenses. Which is exactly what the Redskins offense did so well last year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #81
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
As am I. But like I mentioned we should have better defensive substitutions and packages with Rodgers the green bays offense than we did tonight with Phillys quick gimmicky college offense.

Also we may get Brandon Meriweather back next week, so we should see. We somehow beat the Packers a few years ago with McNabb and bad players on both sides of the ball, so I like our chances (not saying we will win, saying we'll keep it close and reasonable) with Green Bay having gotten worse on both sides of the ball since then (OL, DL, MLB, Safety)
I agree with having a better chance against GB. I just have to see something to actually give me confidence in the skins defense before I start to think they are the real deal. Giving up 250 yards rushing to any opponent makes me question a lot of things about your defense.
donofriose is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #82
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,608
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
McCoy is great, but if you thought that the Eagles scored a bunch of points because they were really talented, you're going to really hate playing the rest of the league.

I mean, if DeSean Jackson's your second best player (or Brent Celek, whoever), that says a lot. It's not that Jackson, Celek aren't good, but you can handle them one on one.

You can credit the Eagles for getting their sh-t together with what they had, and I thought they had a really impressive effort tonight. But that team is McCoy, a couple of face cards, and a crappy hand.
True - even just in our division - look at Dallas - Austin, Bryant, Witten, and the Giants with Cruz, Nicks, and Myers.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #83
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Is this the thread to start talking about how good Leonard Hankerson is and how we can stop screwing around with Josh Morgan as a starting WR anytime now?
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 AM   #84
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
You...aren't familiar with Oregon, I'm guessing.

McCoy creates a lot of missed tackles. But that's not something we didn't know going into this game, and it's not an excuse.

I'm just not into making excuses for a lack of preparation. If you can be unprepared for what the Eagles brought tonight, you can be unprepared for any offense. What they were running wasn't particularlr unique, they just are good at constraining defenses. Which is exactly what the Redskins offense did so well last year.
I actually watched a lot of Oregon games. One of the staples of the offense was a fake handoff to Barnes, Mariota would take it into space and pitch it to DeAnthony Thomas. I also love to watch Oregon lose because I knew their offense was like any other offense where it could be stopped by a disciplined, physical defense, like LSU or Stanford. I have always rooted for defenses.
I agree that the coaches weren't as prepared as I hoped they would be. I said throughout the game that the Skins coaching staff was being outcoached by Kelly for the majority of the game.
donofriose is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #85
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

To those who don't believe in preseason games to use to prepare for the regular season, this game is a perfect argument against that. Morris and Griffin both needed at least 2 quarters to get going. And made mistakes that in the first half and early part of the 2nd that doomed them for the rest of the game.

But after saying that, I knew there was no way that Griffin was ever going to play in the preseason, even in hindsight. If Griffin played in the preseason and got hurt in any kind of way, that would've been the end of Shanahan.
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #86
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,959
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Yea there are a lot of teams more talented than the Eagles at their skill positions. Especially teams that the Skins would run into in the playoffs, if they made it that far.
donofriose is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #87
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Is this the thread to start talking about how good Leonard Hankerson is and how we can stop screwing around with Josh Morgan as a starting WR anytime now?
Why would you do that? Both were productive in their respective roles in this game.
warriorzpath is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #88
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,508
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Give the Eagles credit, they executed and we just missed way too many tackles.

Haslett said he watched 23-24 game tapes on Oregon so I'm sure the D wasn't caught off guard scheme wise. Fletcher said they didn't run anything they haven't seen before. We just got out played.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #89
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
I actually watched a lot of Oregon games. One of the staples of the offense was a fake handoff to Barnes, Mariota would take it into space and pitch it to DeAnthony Thomas. I also love to watch Oregon lose because I knew their offense was like any other offense where it could be stopped by a disciplined, physical defense, like LSU or Stanford. I have always rooted for defenses.
I agree that the coaches weren't as prepared as I hoped they would be. I said throughout the game that the Skins coaching staff was being outcoached by Kelly for the majority of the game.
Point was not that Oregon never ran the triple option, it was that (at least in the running game) everything they ran tonight was on tape already. Nothing was created in the last eight months.

He adopted some NFL passing plays, the Jackson TD was taken right out of Andy Reid's playbook. Kyle runs that play all the time too.

Kelly gives them a nice schematic advantage. But a schematic advantage should always lose out to a talent advantage in the long run. One game is not a long run...but I suddenly have no desire to see this matchup of coaches played twice every season.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #90
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,608
Re: Skins v Eagles post game thread

At the risk of sounding repetitive - I cant hear anymore about our Defense - our defense had one bad quarter - the second quarter. We held them to 7 points in the second half and that was on a short field after the int. Our offense could not stay on the field for more than two minutes until midway through the third quarter. Our defense was reeling in by the second quarter and that was by far their worst quarter. If we could have sustained just a couple drives in the first half for any amount of time, even if we came up empty at the end, we probably would have won the game.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30691 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25