Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs Packers post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #196
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Defensively... they need to start getting their hands up. I hardly ever see the DL putting their hands up to block throwing lanes.

I too don't know why the CB's hardly jam at the line. Slow up the WR, throw off the timing pattern... something. They got 5 yrds to jam or bump the WR, they should be utilizing that.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #197
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,210
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

IMO now this is just pure speculation, but I don't think RG3 likes the Shanny's all that much, I noticed him and Kyle both being frustrated yesterday a number of times. Maybe I'm just thinking too much into it
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #198
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,516
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I honestly think there's a breakdown in regards to scheme. I think either one of the Shanahan's dont want to do it or RG3 doesn't want to do it.

If RG3 is 100% like the claims then why not run the read option when it was proven to work
? Yet the RO is almost completely gone? I just can't believe that that's accidental.

There has to be some sort of internal disagreement somewhere.
Because if something was to happen with griffins knee while he was running it can you imagine the fallout? The media would jump on this so quick and crucify the shannys so fast it would make your head spin,no too mention the fans that would do the same thing.
Read option is working for other teams because their qb is actually a threat to run with the ball,and until one one of their qbs gets injured running the read option they are not going to be scrutinized like we are.
Lets say we didnt have a qb that ran the read option.Lets say Russell Wilson tore his acl for the 2nd time on the same knee last yr in last game of the season{doesnt matter how knee was injured}Can you imagine the criticism they would face{by us on the Warpath,and everyone else} if they came out
with the same offense and him running the ball? And if something was to happen to that knee while he was running it they would never hear the end of it.
so even if RG3's knee is 100 percent,I cant blame the shannys for not running him in the read option.I already believe its Shannys fault RG3 got injured in the first place{I know not everyone shares that opinion,but its at least 50-50}so if Rg3 injured that knee again running the read option I'd be ready to hire a hit man{not really but you know what I mean}
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #199
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
yeah we were 3-6 and people wanted MS Fired then we win 7 in a row and we loved him. Just wait and see after week 5-6 and then if we suck well we suck
It's ultimately all we can do, but history matters. Last year this division was the weakest it's been in decades.

- The Eagles suffered injuries, especially to Jason Peters who's the best player on that team and arguably the best LT in football, and completely fell apart as Reid's tenure drew to a close
- The Cowboys lost 8 of 11 defensive starters
- The Giants are who they are, bad until they're really good

So we came out on top of a really weak division, and lost the first playoff game in what was probably the most controversial coaching decision in decades, to play a QB who was severely injured and everyone knew it.

...and that's the highpoint of Mike's time in DC. The rest has been an absolute failure and embarrassment. Unprepared and undisciplined throughout. Piss poor play-calling and adjustment on both sides of the ball. Minimal passion/excitement across the board, whether you're watching coaches and players on the sidelines, or what's happening on field. There's clearly a lack of leadership.

There's no continuity with this coaching staff either. You can't turn the team over to Kyle who hasn't shown any ability or leadership to be an HC. Haslett isn't HC material, per his record. Maybe the DB coach? I guess I just don't know what we're waiting on???????? You can't honestly look at this team and say we're anywhere near the level of Seattle, San Fran, GB, and I would add the Saints as they work out some kinks. And that's just in the NFC. Looking out over the league, we're maybe a top 15 team at best. How many years do you give a guy? Mike's completely made this his team. In fact, more than any HC in the league, this is the team the HC envisioned, almost total control. 5 years? 10 years? Denver did that and finally realized Mike couldn't do anything without Elway, who ironically has turned out to be a more successful football mind across the board. I think the writing is on the wall, it's each person's choice to read it though.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #200
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 731
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

playing possum
__________________
The Washington Redskins are a billion dollar NFL team that sold expired peanuts...
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #201
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

I saw Meriweather laying there and said "well, should have expected that...another 1-game season." What a moron...





__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #202
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,210
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
It's ultimately all we can do, but history matters. Last year this division was the weakest it's been in decades.

- The Eagles suffered injuries, especially to Jason Peters who's the best player on that team and arguably the best LT in football, and completely fell apart as Reid's tenure drew to a close
- The Cowboys lost 8 of 11 defensive starters
- The Giants are who they are, bad until they're really good

So we came out on top of a really weak division, and lost the first playoff game in what was probably the most controversial coaching decision in decades, to play a QB who was severely injured and everyone knew it.

...and that's the highpoint of Mike's time in DC. The rest has been an absolute failure and embarrassment. Unprepared and undisciplined throughout. Piss poor play-calling and adjustment on both sides of the ball. Minimal passion/excitement across the board, whether you're watching coaches and players on the sidelines, or what's happening on field. There's clearly a lack of leadership.

There's no continuity with this coaching staff either. You can't turn the team over to Kyle who hasn't shown any ability or leadership to be an HC. Haslett isn't HC material, per his record. Maybe the DB coach? I guess I just don't know what we're waiting on???????? You can't honestly look at this team and say we're anywhere near the level of Seattle, San Fran, GB, and I would add the Saints as they work out some kinks. And that's just in the NFC. Looking out over the league, we're maybe a top 15 team at best. How many years do you give a guy? Mike's completely made this his team. In fact, more than any HC in the league, this is the team the HC envisioned, almost total control. 5 years? 10 years? Denver did that and finally realized Mike couldn't do anything without Elway, who ironically has turned out to be a more successful football mind across the board. I think the writing is on the wall, it's each person's choice to read it though.

If we finish under 500 this year I'd be surprised if we don't have a new HC
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #203
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,848
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Why are we not rolling out RG3 and using the aggressive play action game?
this, 1000x's this.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #204
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,005
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Seriously did we just forget about the stretch running game with the play action off that?? That should be our bread & butter right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #205
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,711
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Yep, wouldn't surprise me either. But I am not getting to that point yet. I want to see how this deal goes before we go down that road again. I thought continuity was a big thing in the league?
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #206
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,117
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

@JsteelznSkins

Story gonna start to come out about our defense and people gone get pissed. Lets say we need to mix it up more, not good when they know



Why am I not surprised by this.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #207
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,916
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Seriously did we just forget about the stretch running game with the play action off that?? That should be our bread & butter right now.
Its hard to do play action passes when you are down almost 30 points by halftime.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #208
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,848
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I saw Meriweather laying there and said "well, should have expected that...another 1-game season." What a moron...





He should be fined/suspended for those hits, and we should have gotten 2 more 15yd penalties. They seemed like textbook, how NOT to tackle in today's NFL.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #209
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,117
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Also more good news:

@HTTR24_7

All I'm gonna say out here is everything isn't roses & candy between Kyle & Robert. Stuff boiling over from the bye week last year.



__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #210
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,367
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Also more good news:

@HTTR24_7

All I'm gonna say out here is everything isn't roses & candy between Kyle & Robert. Stuff boiling over from the bye week last year.



Well what the deal? what sh*t is boiling over from the bye? Only sh*t i remember is a win streak
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.49215 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25