Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs Packers post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #226
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,019
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Also more good news:

@HTTR24_7

All I'm gonna say out here is everything isn't roses & candy between Kyle & Robert. Stuff boiling over from the bye week last year.



Figures. Kyle won't be here after this year anyway.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #227
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Well it does take a while to get down by that much. The offense is just totally out of sync.

Just like the D and special teams.

We're not doing anything well right now.
Pretty much says it. We aren't doing a damn thing right. Coaching, offense, defense, special teams.


I'm glad the bye week is early this year. Need to fix whatever it is that is broken.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #228
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,508
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Right now RG3 is looking like a shell of himself, either he is still very injuried or he cant operate within the pocket only looks. The bootleg, roll outs, play action are all staples of a Shanny offense, I dont see that style being run and it certainly should be.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #229
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,839
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think this about sums up the issues between the two.


‏@HTTR24_7

@tottranet Rob lobbied for the offense to open up more & coaches to trust him.



Also more good tidbits about the offense.


‏@HTTR24_7

@Rich_TandlerCSN @TMM75 The offense being run know looks like the Grossman scheme from 2011. No boot or stretch. All Toss & pocket play

HTTR24-7.com ‏@HTTR24_7 8h

Skins are showing Read Option looks but word is that it's a designated give to Morris. Not sure when/If that changes. RG doesn't need the RO
I understand not wanting to expose him but c'mon, if he's healthy (and he appears to be moving well enough) open things up dammit. Get him on the move with roll-outs, cut the field in half and give him some easy reads. The offense as it is now is clearly not cutting it. Say hello to 0-4 at the bye at this rate.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #230
Another Year, another mess.
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,465
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

should we be also considering Kerry Rhodes?
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #231
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,133
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Right now RG3 is looking like a shell of himself, either he is still very injuried or he cant operate within the pocket only looks. The bootleg, roll outs, play action are all staples of a Shanny offense, I dont see that style being run and it certainly should be.
I don't think he is still injured, but many people (in various places) have pointed out that it took AP, Brady, Manning several weeks of real game time to get into gear after their injuries.

Griffin needed these games to get going, and I do believe he will be fine. That said, the team also needed the defense and running game to step up to take pressure of of his having to be try and be the catalyst, and none of that happened. We may not see the real Skins until we play Dallas after the bye. And by then it could be too late to stop the infighting that is sure to sprout up if we go 0-4.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #232
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,133
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
should we be also considering Kerry Rhodes?
I doubt we could without some corresponding salary cap move
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #233
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I understand not wanting to expose him but c'mon, if he's healthy (and he appears to be moving well enough) open things up dammit. Get him on the move with roll-outs, cut the field in half and give him some easy reads. The offense as it is now is clearly not cutting it. Say hello to 0-4 at the bye at this rate.

No shit man, the guy is a freak of nature just trust his word and see what he can do, he seems to be moving around ok. I mean it seems like MS is being the "hardass" and is causing friction which we dont need
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #234
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

IMO RGIII is not playing hurt. He's playing scared. He's more worried about bodies around his knees than he is about making a play. My two cents.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #235
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
IMO RGIII is not playing hurt. He's playing scared. He's more worried about bodies around his knees than he is about making a play. My two cents.

yesterday early in the game on 3rd down he had a chance to run and he decided to pass to Morgan that got picked off.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #236
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just brutal, caught him right on the jaw.

He definitely deserves a hefty fine.
he may be suspended but who cares? I've never seen one guy last on a team that literally plays half a game per season
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #237
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,988
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

So I'll try to prop up the falling sky with 5 suggestions to get the team back on track..

1. De-emphasize the read option looks and pitch plays for now. Defenses are overcommitting to them big time and is killing any hope of a running game. Keep them in as ways to get the defense on their toes but let's get back to the stretch-zone scheme from under center and from the Pistol to set things up a little more.

2. Get Haslett out of the booth. It's clear that SOMETHING big is missing (outside of talent) with the defense this year. Maybe there is a disconnect between the sidelines and the players, maybe adjustments aren't being made on the fly, I don't know. But it's obvious that we've got some major issues early in games before he can address the unit at halftime.

3. Get a hold of the penalties! As much as Philly and GB have whupped us, we've done a great job of screwing ourselves as well. Terrible decisions by guys all over the field with personal fouls, unsportsmanlikes, etc. Gotta be smarter and play smarter. Time for RGIII and Fletcher to start lighting into their teammates.

4. Luck is cyclical. We can't get much unluckier with field position. It seems that every drive damn near starts inside our own 25 yard line. We've gotten none of the field flipping turnovers we saw last year, no plays on special teams to move the ball into better position. Part of it is repeated 3 and outs after a kickoff but our luck has to turn around.

5. Remember it's week 2 and everyone else in the division is weak as well. Dallas can't move the ball consistently. Philly is gonna burn out by Columbus Day. The Giants, well they look worse than us! We were probably gonna lose to Green Bay anyways and whoever played Philly in week one was gonna get Spurriered. We get back to business at home this week. Go out and get some stops, move the ball consistently and we can put the plug back in the panic dam.
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #238
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Its hard to do play action passes when you are down almost 30 points by halftime.
A most excellent point but they seemed to have taken away what made this offense go which was the threat of RG3 taking off or handing off with the option. He has to be used as he was before the injury. It is what makes him so dangerous is his ability to run. It is what makes him special. If you just want a QB to drop back and throw then put Cousins in.

Put RG3 back in the option and have him slide or get out of bounds if he keeps it. This opens up his threat to score as well as Albert Morris. He has to look out for himself but he can do it and run this offense like he did all last year. Just don't do a bunch of pitchouts with one hand. That is a fumble waiting to happen.

Last edited by Sonny9TD; 09-16-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #239
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,042
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
So I'll try to prop up the falling sky with 5 suggestions to get the team back on track..

1. De-emphasize the read option looks and pitch plays for now. Defenses are overcommitting to them big time and is killing any hope of a running game. Keep them in as ways to get the defense on their toes but let's get back to the stretch-zone scheme from under center and from the Pistol to set things up a little more.

2. Get Haslett out of the booth. It's clear that SOMETHING big is missing (outside of talent) with the defense this year. Maybe there is a disconnect between the sidelines and the players, maybe adjustments aren't being made on the fly, I don't know. But it's obvious that we've got some major issues early in games before he can address the unit at halftime.

3. Get a hold of the penalties! As much as Philly and GB have whupped us, we've done a great job of screwing ourselves as well. Terrible decisions by guys all over the field with personal fouls, unsportsmanlikes, etc. Gotta be smarter and play smarter. Time for RGIII and Fletcher to start lighting into their teammates.

4. Luck is cyclical. We can't get much unluckier with field position. It seems that every drive damn near starts inside our own 25 yard line. We've gotten none of the field flipping turnovers we saw last year, no plays on special teams to move the ball into better position. Part of it is repeated 3 and outs after a kickoff but our luck has to turn around.

5. Remember it's week 2 and everyone else in the division is weak as well. Dallas can't move the ball consistently. Philly is gonna burn out by Columbus Day. The Giants, well they look worse than us! We were probably gonna lose to Green Bay anyways and whoever played Philly in week one was gonna get Spurriered. We get back to business at home this week. Go out and get some stops, move the ball consistently and we can put the plug back in the panic dam.
So basically do everything better because nothing has worked.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #240
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 47
Posts: 896
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

What's scary is that if we somehow shut out Detroit and they got zero yards, after three games we would still likely have one of the bottom 3 defenses in the league. 480 yards to Rodgers? Nearly as many to Vick (not known for his 300+ yard games, by the way). The Pack hadn't had a 100 yard rusher in 44 games -- since 2010. McCoy ran free. As bad as the offense has been -- and it has been bad -- the defense has got to be on pace to be the worst in NFL history by far. If someone had told me that RGIII would have 3 TDs, no picks, and 320 yards and that Alfmo would get over 100 years in Green Bay, I would have thought we'd have had a chance to win (if not win). Don't get me wrong, I realize that a lot of that is in garbage time, but at least the offense has generated something. Our D has been putrid.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31499 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25