Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs Packers post game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #271
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,230
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

The problem on defense is Haslett, he has talent on defense to be top 12. This guy has been getting a pass for the last couple of years, the man cannot adjust. His job is to teach how to tackle and fire up his D.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #272
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonoluluBlue View Post
Well, guess who our current GM is? Millen's former right hand man.

I'd trade William Clay Ford for Dan Snyder, and I just threw up in my mouth a little as I typed that.
And former Redskin.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #273
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,682
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

For those that are into numbers to confirm what you say- 283 YAC for the Packers.

Long and short of Rodgers' productivity - NFC North Blog - ESPN
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #274
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 13,012
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The problem on defense is Haslett, he has talent on defense to be top 12. This guy has been getting a pass for the last couple of years, the man cannot adjust. His job is to teach how to tackle and fire up his D.
Probably not the talent.

Our secondary is a mess. Rookies and no true #1 CB is a huge red flag. CJ has the potential to destroy Josh Wilson or D. Hall 1 on 1. And yeah CJ could destroy most CBs out on the edge, but I'd feel more comfortable with a Richard Sherman type vs. a D. Hall.

Fletcher looks old and lost out in the middle of the field.

The only thing I feel comfortable is our front 4. They can bring the heat.

I'd say we have the potential to be middle of the field defensively right now. Not top 10 but within the top 20.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #275
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,338
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
For those that are into numbers to confirm what you say- 283 YAC for the Packers.

Long and short of Rodgers' productivity - NFC North Blog - ESPN
Tackling is a huge problem right now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #276
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,114
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The problem on defense is Haslett, he has talent on defense to be top 12. This guy has been getting a pass for the last couple of years, the man cannot adjust. His job is to teach how to tackle and fire up his D.
I have to think that if Gregg Williams was running this defense, we would not be this bad. But I still think it's a talent issue. Some of the guys we have just aren't that good... Wilson, Fletcher, Cofield, Bowen, Goldston, Orakpo, Rambo, Doherty...these players are just not very good or not playing up to their capabilities. And father time has slapped Fletcher upside the head. He look so slow out there the last two weeks.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #277
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Probably not the talent.

Our secondary is a mess. Rookies and no true #1 CB is a huge red flag. CJ has the potential to destroy Josh Wilson or D. Hall 1 on 1. And yeah CJ could destroy most CBs out on the edge, but I'd feel more comfortable with a Richard Sherman type vs. a D. Hall.

Fletcher looks old and lost out in the middle of the field.

The only thing I feel comfortable is our front 4. They can bring the heat.

I'd say we have the potential to be middle of the field defensively right now. Not top 10 but within the top 20.
I agree.

It is better to get rid of a player a year early than a year late.

My opinion may be unpopular but I think we are a year late with Fletch. He's an awesome defensive QB...but that's about it.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #278
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

I'm going to remain positive and say it's only two games. I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the defense being worse or better after just two games. It's a long season and the defense could turn out to be better than we think. In fact, I think it will. I've been hard on Orakpo for two years and haven't seen anything this year to change my mind.

In fact, I still stand by earlier comment that the defense played well (early on) vs Green Bay.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #279
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,396
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm going to remain positive and say it's only two games. I'm not jumping to any conclusions about the defense being worse or better after just two games. It's a long season and the defense could turn out to be better than we think. In fact, I think it will. I've been hard on Orakpo for two years and haven't seen anything this year to change my mind.

In fact, I still stand by earlier comment that the defense played well (early on) vs Green Bay.
So regardless what the facts (missing hella tackles, letting QB set records, giving an avg of over 200 yards rushing, YAC totals that make me physically yack) your gonna stick with the defense played well?
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #280
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So regardless what the facts (missing hella tackles, letting QB set records, giving an avg of over 200 yards rushing, YAC totals that make me physically yack) your gonna stick with the defense played well?
Yep.

No seriously, we were getting after it for a solid quarter then the game just got away from us. I'm not ready to write off this defense by any stretch of the imagination.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #281
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,338
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

I have faith the D can turn it around, they did it last year with some key guys out, but facts are facts. The D has been straight up ass so far.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #282
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I have to think that if Gregg Williams was running this defense, we would not be this bad. But I still think it's a talent issue. Some of the guys we have just aren't that good... Wilson, Fletcher, Cofield, Bowen, Goldston, Orakpo, Rambo, Doherty...these players are just not very good or not playing up to their capabilities. And father time has slapped Fletcher upside the head. He look so slow out there the last two weeks.
Would take Gregg Williams in a heartbeat over this defense, even now with his tarnished reputation. But realistically it'd never work. Shanny has been through a million D coordinators and doesn't get along with anyone. I think Haslett has kept his job because not many guys would work with Mike so who do you replace Haslett with?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #283
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,766
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I have faith the D can turn it around, they did it last year with some key guys out, but facts are facts. The D has been straight up ass so far.
I don't think I have ever seen a worse tackling team in my entire life. I understand that the rookies are probably going to miss some tackles, but it's not just them, it's everybody and I cannot put my finger on how, all of a sudden, this team forgets to tackle.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #284
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,112
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Yep.

No seriously, we were getting after it for a solid quarter then the game just got away from us. I'm not ready to write off this defense by any stretch of the imagination.
Defense is on the field first, they need to set the tone. 7 minute 80 yard TD drive to start the game is not setting any kind of tone
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #285
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,668
Re: Skins vs Packers post game thread

I dont understand our D, we get pressure on the QB but then we dont.. Kerrigan was great the first series and then he was gone..
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28391 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25