Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #76
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I said that RGIII looks "uncomfortable" - in fact I said that, to me, RGIII is playing scared. I did not mean this as an explanation for why he is not running, although that is part of it. I meant my claim as an explanation for why his mechanics and decision-making in the passing game have been so poor at times.
Which is a risk I took by generalizing the comments by three or four people into one claim.

The 'mechanics are fine' argument is the easiest one for me to address. RG3 won rookie of the year last year, so his mechanical flaws didn't matter. We're 0-2 now, so the mechanics are now under scrutiny. This is normal.

The decision-making argument has no easy response, because even though the overall takeaway I had from the GB game was positive (on offense), RG3 is clearly forcing passes to covered receivers. This is not a positive development. He has to make better decisions.

It is my belief that a change in the circumstances around him (the talent on his offense relative the the defenses he's facing) is the main culprit. This is just a hypothesis that makes a lot of sense, and I think there's a lot of evidence supporting it. But it could be argued just as easily that the decisions made are just a function of where RG3 is at in his rehab. Because he wasn't forcing this many throws last year, and this troubles people.

It should trouble people, but I don't think there's a whole lot RG3 can really do about it outside of throw the ball away more. But that's not going to fix the offense.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #77
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,409
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Seems pretty obvious he's not 100% comfortable in the pocket, now whether it's due to all the blitzes he's facing, the knee, or maybe a combo of both, who knows. All I know is he's not the same guy he was last year, at least to this point.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #78
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,580
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Any insights SS about internal problems with the team? Or is this just a fundamental football problem? The defense is pretty poor is their any internal feelings about what the problems are?
Just some disagreements about football. Nothing deeper than that. Nothing some wins won't fix
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #79
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,005
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Green bay secondary is flat out garbage. Our guys match up with them just fine.

Yes decision making is a problem.

I'd say this, RG3 problems are an easy fix compared to protection and game planning at this point. Coaches on the o-side have had there asses handed to them.

Unless we push Polumbus off a cliff, that problem is never going to be fixed.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #80
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,396
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

RG3 has a qbr rating of two !!! in the first half of games this yr.How anybody thinks he looks good or comfortable is beyond me.The garbage time stats in the 2nd half mean nothing
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #81
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,656
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Seems pretty obvious he's not 100% comfortable in the pocket, now whether it's due to all the blitzes he's facing, the knee, or maybe a combo of both, who knows. All I know is he's not the same guy he was last year, at least to this point.
I think it definitely has to do with his comfort level and the fact that the defense does not respect his legs. He is trying to change how he plays to go along with the physical and mental issues that come from his surgery. He will get back just dont know when...
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #82
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,656
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Just some disagreements about football. Nothing deeper than that. Nothing some wins won't fix
Thats good to know. Any word on if Has is going to come back to the sidelines?
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #83
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
RG3 lowest QB rating in the league in the first half of games 33.3%, second half is the 5th highest. His completion % is 45.8 (11/24) in the first half. His accuracy is a problem.

So when the defense softens, he does well.

NBC Sports.

RG3 is not comfy in the pocket and his mechanics are inconsistent and not stable.
It's not like the defense is softening considerably in the second half.

End of the fourth quarter, sure. Problem is, the Redskins did not have the ball at the end of the fourth quarter: Green Bay just ran out the clock on them.

As far as true garbage time, plays where the defense has no incentive to stop the first down because they want the clock to run, it's applicable to just one drive this year: the second TD drive to Hankerson against Philadelphia. But even that touchdown pass was thrown against a defensive call that should have defended it.

All analysis of the Redskins season needs to be aware of the fact that they've been playing from behind the entire time. But its easy to say that the defense is doing something different that leads to better results for the Redskins in the second half...when you don't actually check to make sure that's true.

It's a pretty ridiculous split, and I do think the Redskins offensive coaches are changing things up at the half (to adjust to the defense), but I think the things that the defenses are doing in the first half are close to what their doing in the second.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #84
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Seems pretty obvious he's not 100% comfortable in the pocket, now whether it's due to all the blitzes he's facing, the knee, or maybe a combo of both, who knows. All I know is he's not the same guy he was last year, at least to this point.
I really think that fans are less comfortable watching RG3 play than he is actually playing.

And who could blame them, it's an uncomfortable team watch right now. The whole team looks out of their element.

It's a silly thing to place on the quarterback, but he's the guy with the highly scrutinized rehab, so it isn't shocking.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #85
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Green bay secondary is flat out garbage. Our guys match up with them just fine.

Yes decision making is a problem.

I'd say this, RG3 problems are an easy fix compared to protection and game planning at this point. Coaches on the o-side have had there asses handed to them.

Unless we push Polumbus off a cliff, that problem is never going to be fixed.
We had a lot of guys that produced against GB on the offensive side. RG3, Hankerson, Jordan Reed, Garcon, Morris, Trent, Kory, and Moss all showed up to play.

I'm less discouraged after GB about the offensive skill talent. Morgan's performance sticks out like a sore thumb, and Will Montgomery was really bad, but two problems are much more correctable than everybody.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #86
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Anbody want to talk about the defense?

Didn't think so.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #87
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,005
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's not like the defense is softening considerably in the second half.

End of the fourth quarter, sure. Problem is, the Redskins did not have the ball at the end of the fourth quarter: Green Bay just ran out the clock on them.

As far as true garbage time, plays where the defense has no incentive to stop the first down because they want the clock to run, it's applicable to just one drive this year: the second TD drive to Hankerson against Philadelphia. But even that touchdown pass was thrown against a defensive call that should have defended it.

All analysis of the Redskins season needs to be aware of the fact that they've been playing from behind the entire time. But its easy to say that the defense is doing something different that leads to better results for the Redskins in the second half...when you don't actually check to make sure that's true.

It's a pretty ridiculous split, and I do think the Redskins offensive coaches are changing things up at the half (to adjust to the defense), but I think the things that the defenses are doing in the first half are close to what their doing in the second.
So the defenses are playing the same coverage looks, pressure schemes and blitz packages in both halfs? CB are not playing off guys giving them routes in the second half opposed to the first half? Safeties playing at the same depth?

The Eagles didnt go prevent?

Tripp I dont go back and look at tape, but it doesnt take a scientist to see whats going on. The numbers are there, disregard them if you want.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #88
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Bottom line is the entire OFFENSE is playing bad in the 1st half of games, Griffin needs to get it going now or else this season will be a lost cause. We wont come back from a 3-6 start like last season
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #89
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So the defenses are playing the same coverage looks, pressure schemes and blitz packages in both halfs? CB are not playing off guys giving them routes in the second half opposed to the first half? Safeties playing at the same depth?

The Eagles didnt go prevent?

Tripp I dont go back and look at tape, but it doesnt take a scientist to see whats going on. The numbers are there, disregard them if you want.
It's not about disregarding the numbers, it's just that the Redskins have taken 60% of their snaps in the second half this year, in part because they've kicked off in the first half both times.

They haven't sustained offense in the first half, at all, which is a big factor in the losses. But we're talking about fewer than ten first half drives. Any sample of that size that doesn't produce a touchdown isn't...it's not anything. It could be random.

The second half performance suggests it's partially random.

If this first half/second half trend continues, bring it up and we'll discuss it at the bye week.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #90
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bottom line is the entire OFFENSE is playing bad in the 1st half of games, Griffin needs to get it going now or else this season will be a lost cause. We wont come back from a 3-6 start like last season
It would be awesome if Griffin would play at a pro bowl level the rest of the way...but if he plays like he has the first two weeks the whole season, then this season's not on him.

The Redskins are a struggling team, and that should be the story after two weeks. That's what we can conclude.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29689 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25