Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #91
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,061
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Anbody want to talk about the defense?

Didn't think so.
I'm more worried about the defense than RG3. Frankly, I expected him to start off slow, not this slow though. The defense is atrociously bad and needs numerous players replaced.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #92
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

The focus on RG, both here and across football media, is overdone. The problems around him, most especially on the sidelines, are far greater than anything amiss in his head or that knee. We've been outcoached thoroughly in two games, the first by a rookie nfl coach. Maybe in a perfect world RG could overcome the issues surrounding him (see last year) but to focus on that is just silly.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #93
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 53
Posts: 3,541
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The most common play they run from pistol is the stretch. The second most common is their play action series. Read option is probably the most common play after that, but I don't know of any game where they ran it more than five or six times.

I think -- and you point this out -- the fact that the team may not be good enough to overcome some run of the mill offensive struggles is probably the biggest story through two weeks, not RG3's knee/confidence.
Sorry I was getting the read option confused with the pistol.However,for at least this game they ran the read option more than 5 or 6 times.Rg3 had 6 carries that all came out of the read option,so thats 6 times right there,and thats not counting the times he handed it off to Morris out of the read option
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #94
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Sorry I was getting the read option confused with the pistol.However,for at least this game they ran the read option more than 5 or 6 times.Rg3 had 6 carries that all came out of the read option,so thats 6 times right there,and thats not counting the times he handed it off to Morris out of the read option
Fair point. Could have been a few more times than I accounted for.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #95
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,107
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Thats good to know. Any word on if Has is going to come back to the sidelines?
I've been wondering the same thing, and I have no idea
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #96
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 46
Posts: 1,526
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Haslett needs to come back downstairs. Where he is is not working and didn't D Hall say something about them not getting the calls in on time? He needs to come back to the sidelines. The young guys need his presence.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #97
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Anbody want to talk about the defense?

Didn't think so.
We have been talking about the defense:
1) rotten tackling
2) not disrupting routes for receivers with jams at the line, thus allowing for easy completions of things like slants
3) Fletcher not getting it done physically
4) lack of adjustment to Rodgers' three-step drops
5) rookie growing pains
6) rotten tackling
7) rotten tackling
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #98
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,636
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Trending up

Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: RGIII took a step forward. Once we get past the histrionic analysis about benching Griffin, there's no denying he was more accurate in Week 2. He made a number of nice throws. His biggest problem came in setting protection and recognizing blitzes.



Pressure overwhelmed the Redskins' offense early in Sunday's game. Teams are blitzing the Redskins with impunity, and Washington doesn't have great answers. But Griffin was down 17-0 against Green Bay before he made a mistake. His interception came off a drop. I'm not a quarterback tutor and won't pretend to analyze his mechanics. But a lot of the issues he's being criticized for (throwing while backpedaling) were evident last season. Griffin made a lot of nice throws to well-covered receivers against the Packers, and that has nothing to do with the score.

The Redskins' problems go beyond RGIII. They are trying to change their offense on the fly. They have called just five zone-read plays in two weeks, with virtually no called runs for Griffin. The running game isn't the same without the threat of RGIII running. It's an adjustment period as the Shanahans figure out how to call games with Griffin 2.0, but it can be done. And they don't have time to adjust because their defense is historically bad.


NFL.COM
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #99
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,117
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Trending up

Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: RGIII took a step forward. Once we get past the histrionic analysis about benching Griffin, there's no denying he was more accurate in Week 2. He made a number of nice throws. His biggest problem came in setting protection and recognizing blitzes.



Pressure overwhelmed the Redskins' offense early in Sunday's game. Teams are blitzing the Redskins with impunity, and Washington doesn't have great answers. But Griffin was down 17-0 against Green Bay before he made a mistake. His interception came off a drop. I'm not a quarterback tutor and won't pretend to analyze his mechanics. But a lot of the issues he's being criticized for (throwing while backpedaling) were evident last season. Griffin made a lot of nice throws to well-covered receivers against the Packers, and that has nothing to do with the score.

The Redskins' problems go beyond RGIII. They are trying to change their offense on the fly. They have called just five zone-read plays in two weeks, with virtually no called runs for Griffin. The running game isn't the same without the threat of RGIII running. It's an adjustment period as the Shanahans figure out how to call games with Griffin 2.0, but it can be done. And they don't have time to adjust because their defense is historically bad.


NFL.COM
Sums it up pretty well.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #100
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,755
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've been wondering the same thing, and I have no idea
I doubt that will fix the problems we have on defense, but it may be one way to help. With the defensive players talking all during training camp about being a top 10-5 defense this year they are dead last in the NFL.

Fix the defense, but I do not know how we accomplish that during the season. Amerson is getting schooled, Fletch ( I love ya but ) has lost his physical edge entirely, Rambo makes a couple of plays but blows a few more, I imagine the team is really missing the 2 guys on suspension, Rak and Kerrigan have been good but a defense is 11 guys not 2, Hall and Wilson ugg, Riley has been good, Cofield needs the cast off, Bowen is ok, and SS is a problem.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #101
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,661
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I doubt that will fix the problems we have on defense, but it may be one way to help. With the defensive players talking all during training camp about being a top 10-5 defense this year they are dead last in the NFL.

Fix the defense, but I do not know how we accomplish that during the season. Amerson is getting schooled, Fletch ( I love ya but ) has lost his physical edge entirely, Rambo makes a couple of plays but blows a few more, I imagine the team is really missing the 2 guys on suspension, Rak and Kerrigan have been good but a defense is 11 guys not 2, Hall and Wilson ugg, Riley has been good, Cofield needs the cast off, Bowen is ok, and SS is a problem.
He is, ever since he and Matty pulled that crazy prank he hasn't been the same admin.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #102
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Haslett is probably afraid to stand on the sideline after Rambo ran over Shanny. (and everyone else)

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #103
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,480
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Thats good to know. Any word on if Has is going to come back to the sidelines?
We could use the extra person to help tackle.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #104
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,636
Re: One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Robert Griffin III of Washington Redskins says Adrian Peterson didn't raise expectations for others with knee injuries - ESPN
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #105
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,840
One Night Only: Offensive Packers-Redskins Game Review, Mythbusters Edition

Listening to nfl radio today and they were talking at length about Griff and AP and also Peyton Manning. In AP's first two games back he was on pace for almost half of what he wound up with. Also Manning was 0-2 and had worse numbers than Griff through his first two games. The reason Griff is drawing so much attention and scrutiny is because he himself raised expectaions. The entire off season was the "all in for week one" campaign.
Anyway hearing about AP and Peyton gave me hope that Griff will come through this mentally and physically.
Edit: 2-3, not 0-2 for denver
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-18-2013 at 07:48 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30727 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25