Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #646
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
How did we so badly botch bringing RG3 back?

Were we that afraid to start Cousins?
Are you that sure things would be much different if Cousins was starting?
Beemnseven is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #647
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 581
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
That 7 game win streak last year saved his job. I seriously doubt that's going to happen twice.
I'll be flipping him the bird at Oakland next week day.
CASKINS is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #648
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,855
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
How did we so badly botch bringing RG3 back?

Were we that afraid to start Cousins?
Yes and no. Shanahan's tenure will be defined by RG3, and vice versa. Shanahan is the kind of guy who lives and dies by the sword. He would never, ever, admit a mistake and so he would go down for it with his pride and his ego intact, rather than do an about face and play cousins now.

I heard rumors that other NFL folks and even people inside the organization were lobbying for Shanahan to start Cousins, with the idea that RG3 would be 100% by the time we come back from the bye. I also heard at that time, the question was asked what would be done if Cousins was hot or the skins were on a winning streak? So obviously Shanahan wanted to squash any controversy by sticking with RG3 no matter what.

Kind of reminds me how much JC stunk, but he was never benched no matter how poorly he played, even when we had other quarterbacks on the roster (at the time) who could play.

I think the mentality is that Shanahan gave up all of those picks and basically mortgaged the team's future on a "maybe", that for year one, appeared to be a "definitely". So RG3 will never be benched unless it is god forbid due to an injury, and Shanahan is likely using his remaining time with the skins to audition for another team, if he decides to stay in the NFL. I kind of see him riding off into the sunset if he gets canned here. He is sort of an older guy.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #649
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,301
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

I would fire Haslett right now!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #650
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,591
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Wish our team had some heart like Cincy today
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

— DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #651
Special Teams
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 394
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Bwahahahahahahaha, wtf is this I see on TV. RGIII is not ready or they have figured him out and our defense is getting rolled every week. We lost to Detroit,,,,,,WHAAT!!!!!
__________________
T-man
tmandoug1 is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #652
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,060
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Thanks, Pollyanna!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I'm a little confused by your tactics right now so I'm gonna continue to act tough until I can figure it out
__________________
RJJ Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:40pm
BOB, Where have you been hiding? Good to you around again.
BobOathKeeper Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:42pm
I had to take a break and stomp some liberals into mud-holes, just keeping in shape for what’s coming brother, RJJ. :)
over the mountain is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #653
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,211
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyRedskin View Post
Ive got a few AC Coach of the Year trophies on my wall and u say the Skins are sucking it up in all phases of the game. If they lose to the Raidas next week......ug wonder what Danny boy is thinking ..
I won a super bowl
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #654
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 581
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
If Aldrick can hold that pass--we're all singing a different tune. It's a game of inches and a game of momentum. Tough loss. RGIII is looking better, but that bonehead fumble was awful and the pick on the sideline was all on him. So that's that game--turnovers, missed opportunities and awful penalties. And this is with a really bad D.

Stay the course. It's a long-term plan. RGIII in year 3 will be better. We need to get a D somehow--tough to do with the salary cap penalty. Haslett may not last the year, though Shanny is pretty loyal.
If the d was stopping to begin with We win!

Jim haslet took a top 10 defense and dragged it to 32..THERES A REASON HE CANTSTAY EMPLOYED
CASKINS is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #655
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Are You kidding me? KC has value now.. What happens if he lays an egg and people see It? Then we have nothing.

A lot of football left. Its not like the NFC east is pulling away

I agree, but our schedule after the bye sucks. If we go 0-7 we do need to think about acquiring additional draft picks without giving up one, so we better see what Cousins can do. People are not going to bite on a backup QB that only played a few games the previous season. we need to keep him though. If the worst possible scenario plays out and MS is canned, along with Kyle you will get a new HC and OC who just might favor KC if he is more in tune with their offensive scheme.
GusFrerotte is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #656
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,584
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Yes and no. Shanahan's tenure will be defined by RG3, and vice versa. Shanahan is the kind of guy who lives and dies by the sword. He would never, ever, admit a mistake and so he would go down for it with his pride and his ego intact, rather than do an about face and play cousins now.

I heard rumors that other NFL folks and even people inside the organization were lobbying for Shanahan to start Cousins, with the idea that RG3 would be 100% by the time we come back from the bye. I also heard at that time, the question was asked what would be done if Cousins was hot or the skins were on a winning streak? So obviously Shanahan wanted to squash any controversy by sticking with RG3 no matter what.

Kind of reminds me how much JC stunk, but he was never benched no matter how poorly he played, even when we had other quarterbacks on the roster (at the time) who could play.

I think the mentality is that Shanahan gave up all of those picks and basically mortgaged the team's future on a "maybe", that for year one, appeared to be a "definitely". So RG3 will never be benched unless it is god forbid due to an injury, and Shanahan is likely using his remaining time with the skins to audition for another team, if he decides to stay in the NFL. I kind of see him riding off into the sunset if he gets canned here. He is sort of an older guy.
BS. Just stop.
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #657
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,060
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
If Aldrick can hold that pass--we're all singing a different tune. It's a game of inches and a game of momentum. Tough loss. RGIII is looking better, but that bonehead fumble was awful and the pick on the sideline was all on him. So that's that game--turnovers, missed opportunities and awful penalties. And this is with a really bad D.

Stay the course. It's a long-term plan. RGIII in year 3 will be better. We need to get a D somehow--tough to do with the salary cap penalty. Haslett may not last the year, though Shanny is pretty loyal.
A reasonable and logical approach .. On game day none the less

Well done sir
__________________
RJJ Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:40pm
BOB, Where have you been hiding? Good to you around again.
BobOathKeeper Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:42pm
I had to take a break and stomp some liberals into mud-holes, just keeping in shape for what’s coming brother, RJJ. :)
over the mountain is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #658
Camp Scrub
 
Oster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 82
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Thankfully hockey season is almost here.
Oster is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #659
Impact Rookie
 
CASKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 581
Re: Lions vs Skins Game Day Thread

Oh and Replay...I didn't see a bobble until adrick had control

Ed Hocculi blows another.
CASKINS is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #660
Playmaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 42
Posts: 4,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Showcase? Do you think it's possible he may be the starter here one day?
Maybe. I cant predict the future. I do know that if Griff is here for the next ten years as our starter KC will be gone. So play him because griff aint ready. If the guy is a stud and wins a damn superbowl than we have a surprise "savior". If griff comes back and returns to form than we showcased KC. Either way i think its the rite thing to do now.
__________________
"Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate." Vince Lombardi
punch it in is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29229 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25