Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Lions postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: At 0-3 the Redskins season is...
Over, get ready for the draft 13 12.75%
Just beginning, remember last year? 20 19.61%
Not over, but .500 is the ceiling 32 31.37%
Too early to tell either way 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #181
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,597
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASKINS View Post
At least we aren't the 49ers either for that matter....Bay area lookin pissed right now
And I'm loving every bit since I live here!! I hate the whiners!!

http://twitter.com/_Happy_Gilmore/st...317056/photo/1
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #182
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,775
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Let me start over here. First, I shouldn't have brought this up today. The reality is that at 3-0 I'd probably be thinking the same thing. I mean I've talked at least to Matty about this. I'm not talking about letting him go now. Not at all. What I'm saying after this season he should move on. Or Mike should. One of them. Pick a plan and move forward with that. I don't believe they have the same plan, and that can be hidden only so long
Fair enough.

Thank you for your illuminating information.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #183
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

The way you people have been talking, you would think we went 0-16 at end of the season. Yes it sucks that we lost the game today, but I think we should be feeling better about the team after today though. Offense is finally moving the ball, compared to last 2 games. Griffin's two turnovers can be fixed, the fumble is just a freak accident and the interception is stupid one, he should have thrown it away instead. Robinson's drop is unfortunate one, he should have held on the ball better, simple as that.

One thing I'm really worried about is our defense. Our defense is absolutely terrible, along with missed tackles issue. I don't believe firing Haslett will make our defense better than it is right now. Haslett got creative with depleted defense last year at second half of the season, I expect him to come up with something soon eventually. We went 3-6 at first half of the season last year, and then went on to win 8 games straight. There is a chance for us to do similar thing, even though we will face tough opponents after our bye week.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #184
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 684
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Offense and defense both played better today, too many mistakes though. Team is coming around.

Things I saw.

1. Offensive line really struggled today, and not just in pass protection. Been mentioned a lot already.

2. Really missing a WR that can go get balls.

3. Obviously not committed to running enough, and Detroit was able to play the right defense way too much.

4. No idea why NFL vets can't tackle, but defense really didn't lose the game today.

5. RG3 is still pretty amazing to watch, but he does make mistakes. In spite of the turnovers, played better today. So expecting more next game.

6. We still don't give up, but this defense really is lacking talent. It's been 4 years now under MS, where is player development. Also looking at the offensive line.

I'm thinking the offense will keep improving, but I had them at best as a 9-7 team this year. I kind of expected a step back, until the cap penalty went away.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #185
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
The way you people have been talking, you would think we went 0-16 at end of the season. Yes it sucks that we lost the game today, but I think we should be feeling better about the team after today though. Offense is finally moving the ball, compared to last 2 games. Griffin's two turnovers can be fixed, the fumble is just a freak accident and the interception is stupid one, he should have thrown it away instead. Robinson's drop is unfortunate one, he should have held on the ball better, simple as that.

One thing I'm really worried about is our defense. Our defense is absolutely terrible, along with missed tackles issue. I don't believe firing Haslett will make our defense better than it is right now. Haslett got creative with depleted defense last year at second half of the season, I expect him to come up with something soon eventually. We went 3-6 at first half of the season last year, and then went on to win 8 games straight. There is a chance for us to do similar thing, even though we will face tough opponents after our bye week.
Agreed, but we are 0-3, 0-3 in conference, 0-2 at home. We can't keep saying "we're close, next week we'll get it"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #186
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,985
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

^evil u hit it on the head on a couple things but the most important is the run game is must. We have to run the ball well to win period. Alfmo is fine but damn work in helu, young. I'm perplexed with Kyle and his approach with the run game. Check the ****in history, Shanny success is predicated on running the ball well. **** the defense. It's gonna be a struggle most of the year but we can control the game with the run. Kyle wtf
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #187
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,805
Pretty discouraged and disgusted with the loss. If Bush had played the game would have been even worse.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #188
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Let me start over here. First, I shouldn't have brought this up today. The reality is that at 3-0 I'd probably be thinking the same thing. I mean I've talked at least to Matty about this. I'm not talking about letting him go now. Not at all. What I'm saying after this season he should move on. Or Mike should. One of them. Pick a plan and move forward with that. I don't believe they have the same plan, and that can be hidden only so long
This explains a lot, but IMHO the team is lost at his point and neither M or K has credibility with this group any longer.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #189
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10,989
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What I'm saying after this season he should move on. Or Mike should. One of them. Pick a plan and move forward with that. I don't believe they have the same plan, and that can be hidden only so long

Well, what's Mike's plan and what is Kyle's plan?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #190
Special Teams
 
tc2deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 323
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Can someone please tell me why Kyle does not use Helu the proper way!?!?
3 targets only!? and 2 of those were at the end!
This proves to me that Kyle really does not know how to run an offense!!
I will give him a pass but Hasslett has lost control of this dismal defense and there is no excuse for it !!!
tc2deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #191
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,985
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Anybody know what's Sherman Lewis is up to?
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #192
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,597
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
Offense and defense both played better today, too many mistakes though. Team is coming around.

Things I saw.

1. Offensive line really struggled today, and not just in pass protection. Been mentioned a lot already.

2. Really missing a WR that can go get balls.

3. Obviously not committed to running enough, and Detroit was able to play the right defense way too much.

4. No idea why NFL vets can't tackle, but defense really didn't lose the game today.

5. RG3 is still pretty amazing to watch, but he does make mistakes. In spite of the turnovers, played better today. So expecting more next game.

6. We still don't give up, but this defense really is lacking talent. It's been 4 years now under MS, where is player development. Also looking at the offensive line.

I'm thinking the offense will keep improving, but I had them at best as a 9-7 team this year. I kind of expected a step back, until the cap penalty went away.
Our return game sucks!! Thompson looks scared, doesn't have the passion on returns. It might be related to his injuries and doesn't want to get hurt again.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #193
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I don't think it is a dumb post at all. The NFL seems to tolerate the Hip Hop culture and let's face it, it has permeated American society for almost 20 years. Are you telling me that there hasn't been a watering down of both the character, sportsmanship, and the quality of play in the NFL over the said time period? The kids raised in this culture have been programmed to chase two things: tail and $$$$$$$$. There is absolutely no incentive for these kids to really focusing on winning when they are getting millions up front before they play down one. They win they get paid, they lose they get paid. Yeah doing well will get them a contract extension, and if they really do well more $$$$$$$, but these guys are set for life with the initial contract anyway. How many players did you ever see joke or laugh on the sidelines back in the day if they were getting their arses handed to them? Now you always see it. Maybe I am wrong in focusing on hip hop culture, but the culture in general is all about $$$$$$. Have to give these guys some real incentives to win, and if it has to be restructuring the way they get paid, I am all for it. That is the gist of my posts.
skinzman is dead-on about the NFLPA and the CBA, owners did well with rookie wage scale, that in itself along with non-guaranteed contracts is plenty of incentive to play and stay employed at 400k+ per yr. only high first rounders are set for life on a first contract, most players are playing for around 300k or less after taxes, union dues, agent fees.

Hip-hop has nothing to do with this situation, maybe I missed something but I didn't see any joking and laughing on SF sideline today and you won't see it on PITT sideline either.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #194
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Hip hop culture?

I'm confused.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #195
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,147
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
What are you talking about? If the NFL said F this and paid every player the minimum and everything else was performance driven, you would have a much better product. I am not talking about replacing any players. The NFL is a corporation with individual franchise within the corporation, but it is a corporation. Corporations are shedding jobs and forcing those employed to work harder for their money, so why can't the NFL do that with the players. I am sure the owners would love that, and so would the fans. It just might cut ticket prices and give you more bang for your buck. Seriously now!!!!!!! These players that are raised in the hip hop culture have no incentive to win, when a huge sum of their $$$$$$$ is guaranteed upfront. They are one track minded, and that is $$$$$$$$$. It is a guy who is regularly screwing a girl who wants to get married. The guy doesn't have any incentive to walk down the aisle since he already is getting his. The NFL product is mediocre anymore. Why do you think the networks go over the top with the hype machine with it? The game should sell itself like it did in the 70-80's with minimal hype, except during the SB.

Are you done with the stupid? If not I will wait.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32942 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25