Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Lions postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: At 0-3 the Redskins season is...
Over, get ready for the draft 13 12.75%
Just beginning, remember last year? 20 19.61%
Not over, but .500 is the ceiling 32 31.37%
Too early to tell either way 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #241
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,878
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He didn't play as bad as everyone is saying. But his turnovers killed the team, as did numerous other things. Hopefully he can build on the positives yesterday. However, because of the heavy price that was paid to get him, we need him to be a great QB. Not one that makes stupid Int's in the red zone, or one that makes a great throw, then a bad one. W/out the threat to run, I'm just not sure he'll ever be a great QB.
Show me a QB in the NFL who is infallible. 19 games into his pro career he's gonna have stinkers and dumb plays. We've all seen Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. make mistakes, I'm not gonna kill him for those until they become a pattern.

I wonder if in 4 weeks we will still be talking about him not being 'a threat to run'. He showed pretty good mobility and ability yesterday. He's not going to beat every defender to the corner, in the NFL nobody will, but he will beat most. If defenses keep playing man to man, he will be able to get those 20 yard chunks when he breaks contain. If that forces them into playing zone, all the better for our offense.

If you can't see progress in his game from week one to yesterday, you simply aren't watching.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #242
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,288
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The optimist in me says we still have 5 division games to go. Plenty of opportunity to make up ground.

But then I look at the D and I want to throw up.
Yes, the defense is historically bad to this point. Just atrocious.

But aren't most of our defensive problems fixable? For example, if we eliminated yards gained after missed tackles, our defense would not be all that bad.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #243
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,375
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I say that Kyle should be a HC because of his track record. In Houston he produced a high-octane offense. Last year for us anyway, he produced a high-octane offense. Thus he has been a successful coordinator repeatedly and people with such track records typically get HC gigs.
But let's remember that Norv Turner produced high octane offensives for the Dallas Cowboys during their Super Bowl years, and was bad to average as a head coach. I don't think calling X's and O's is enough to be a great head coach. Certainly I DO think Kyle deserves a shot at head coaching though. If what SS says is true about him and his dad having a difference of opinion with how the offense should be ran, then go with one or the other, but both are probably more of a distraction than a help.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #244
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,539
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

It seems like the offense is getting better each week so that's a plus to take away from this game. RG3 could really have benefitted from playing in the pre-season.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #245
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 614
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Would be great to see more Helu, he's quick with the ball.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #246
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,878
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yes, the defense is historically bad to this point. Just atrocious.

But aren't most of our defensive problems fixable? For example, if we eliminated yards gained after missed tackles, our defense would not be all that bad.
Saw a stat yesterday that of the 400+ yards we gave up vs. Detroit, more than 210 of them were after contact/missed tackle. That's just putrid. That's man up material. Individually, you've got to be better than that. I hope Fletcher has some kind of resurgence like he did last year because I thought he was done in the 1st Giants game but he rebounded. He's playing like a 38 yr old vs kids.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #247
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,288
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
But let's remember that Norv Turner produced high octane offensives for the Dallas Cowboys during their Super Bowl years, and was bad to average as a head coach. I don't think calling X's and O's is enough to be a great head coach. Certainly I DO think Kyle deserves a shot at head coaching though. If what SS says is true about him and his dad having a difference of opinion with how the offense should be ran, then go with one or the other, but both are probably more of a distraction than a help.
I completely agree. My remarks were directed at how one becomes a HC. Whether or not one then is successful as a HC is a different story.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #248
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,375
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yes, the defense is historically bad to this point. Just atrocious.

But aren't most of our defensive problems fixable? For example, if we eliminated yards gained after missed tackles, our defense would not be all that bad.
What concerns me the most is it always seems to be your basic mechanics of tackling which should be second nature when you enter the NFL. The tackling is horrid. If it was one of those deals where the defense covered well but the receiver made dramatic catches anyway, or the running back just made some awesome Matrix move that got them out of an, otherwise, solid tackle, then I'd just say that the defense has been unlucky. But, besides for guys like Ryan Kerrigan, it has been scary how poor the mechanics have been with these guys on defense. It is like they have forgotten everything they learned in pee wee football.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #249
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,198
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The optimist in me says we still have 5 division games to go. Plenty of opportunity to make up ground.

But then I look at the D and I want to throw up.
As bad as the defense is, and it's pretty damn bad, they gave the offense 7 yesterday. The offense scored 13 at home against Detroit. That's not the 85 Bears out there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #250
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,288
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Saw a stat yesterday that of the 400+ yards we gave up vs. Detroit, more than 210 of them were after contact/missed tackle. That's just putrid. That's man up material. Individually, you've got to be better than that. I hope Fletcher has some kind of resurgence like he did last year because I thought he was done in the 1st Giants game but he rebounded. He's playing like a 38 yr old vs kids.
Exactly. We gave up 448 yards, minus 210 for missed tackles, and that's 238 total yards. Not a bad defensive effort when looked at that way.

But we need to fix the tackling issue or we'll keep giving up 448 yards. Skinsguy is right that this issue should not be happening.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #251
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
As bad as the defense is, and it's pretty damn bad, they gave the offense 7 yesterday. The offense scored 13 at home against Detroit. That's not the 85 Bears out there.
The offense shot themselves in the foot a couple of times but the defense has been historically bad.

Given how bad the D has been it's going to be awfully hard for the offense make up for that no matter how well they play.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #252
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,546
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
When people say KS is ready to be a HC I just don't see how? I mean he's so inconsistent with play calling its unreal
I agree in a tight game, and Morris was clearly on his game why would you abandon the running game in the second half? We weren't in a position where we were coming behind from 20+ points. We were in the game all day and Morris was so close on a few of his runs to get big yardage.

On his 30 yard TD I could see where his speed and burst has improved over last year.

I had said that it would take III till the Oak game to get his game going and honestly yesterday we saw him take huge steps forward from week 1-2-3.

The defense once again killed us. There is out biggest problem, that and loffensive play calling.

BTW no way we go 0-16. Who ever the guys are that are saying that well we just are not that bad. Not even close two plays yesterday were the difference in winning and losing. Last year we were making them every game in the last seven and this year well... Not so much.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #253
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,003
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

I don't understand the change in off either, we are now a pass first team
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #254
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,495
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

I put too early to tell either way, but thats only because the rest of the NFC East doesn't seem to be very good (although Dallas is clearly the best right now).

My expectations for this team are now about zero; so we'll see. Not giving up on them, but don't really have high hopes either.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #255
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,878
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I agree in a tight game, and Morris was clearly on his game why would you abandon the running game in the second half? We weren't in a position where we were coming behind from 20+ points. We were in the game all day and Morris was so close on a few of his runs to get big yardage.

On his 30 yard TD I could see where his speed and burst has improved over last year.

I had said that it would take III till the Oak game to get his game going and honestly yesterday we saw him take huge steps forward from week 1-2-3.

The defense once again killed us. There is out biggest problem, that and loffensive play calling.

BTW no way we go 0-16. Who ever the guys are that are saying that well we just are not that bad. Not even close two plays yesterday were the difference in winning and losing. Last year we were making them every game in the last seven and this year well... Not so much.
Exactly. Even at 0-3, maybe it's being stubborn, but I don't see this team as a 10, 11, 12 or more loss team. This team isn't as bad as Shanahan's first two Redskins teams that lost 10 and 11 games. Unless we're hit with some crippling injuries, we'll land in the .500 neighborhood. The defense simply cannot continue to be THIS bad. Amerson will improve, Rambo should improve some. Jenkins coming back will help. We've been as unlucky (aside from Hall's two TD) as a team could be so far on both sides of the ball.

Unlike the Giants who got worse and old at many key positions (RB-worse, OL-old, DL-old, LB/secondary-worse) we have potential for this not to be a lost season but it has to be with a win in Oakland and a win after the by at Dallas.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42554 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25