Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Lions postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: At 0-3 the Redskins season is...
Over, get ready for the draft 13 12.75%
Just beginning, remember last year? 20 19.61%
Not over, but .500 is the ceiling 32 31.37%
Too early to tell either way 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #301
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

It might be time just to go with Barnett in the middle. too.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #302
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I noticed more than a few times yesterday ( the announcers alluded to it later in the broadcast ) that the back end of the defense is not working very well together pre snap at all. Miss communication, bad alignment, sometimes guys on the outside look like they have no idea what the play call are or thier assignments, and of course frustration. This is before the ball is even snapped. The Lions two scoring drives in the first half is where this was evident.

That's all on the coaching and the LB getting the calls out to the defense.
Yeah, and a couple times Riley was making the defensive calls with Barnett in for Fletcher. I don't know any way we can evaluate defensive changes made before the snap, but I will say that we got so used to Fletcher getting us in good alignment right before the snap that we simply can't be the same defense if Fletcher isn't on the field.

Fletcher's season to date is an excellent example of why there aren't any historical comparables for a 38 year old linebacker. Typically, they spend the pre-snap phase on a beach somewhere.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #303
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm just insanely frustrated with how thins have turned out. I don't know.

I tend to agree that Robert is getting better with each game. We just have to patient. This is only his third game this year. Didn't get much work in training camp or preseason. I really think things will click with this team. As bad as the defense has been, I can't imagine where'd we be without Kerrigan and some of the plays by D.Hall. We'll find our way.

A change in defensive coaching might be in order. I don't know if Rah is the answer, but Has' time may have run it's course here in D.C. Bottom line, until Robert starts to turn it up a notch the team will probably continue to play spotty instead of dominating football.
I mean how is it that the redskins get worse after a 10 win season?? It just sucks man, I was really looking forward to this year and it really seems like it's already over
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #304
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm just insanely frustrated with how thins have turned out. I don't know.

I tend to agree that Robert is getting better with each game. We just have to patient. This is only his third game this year. Didn't get much work in training camp or preseason. I really think things will click with this team. As bad as the defense has been, I can't imagine where'd we be without Kerrigan and some of the plays by D.Hall. We'll find our way.

A change in defensive coaching might be in order. I don't know if Rah is the answer, but Has' time may have run it's course here in D.C. Bottom line, until Robert starts to turn it up a notch the team will probably continue to play spotty instead of dominating football.
0-3, most likely.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #305
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

@skinsfaninok The expectations were justifiably high after winning the division last year. It's possible that Robert's injury dealt a serious blow to the team's psyche that they're still recovering from. That along with play calling issues. We're just not in harmony, yet.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #306
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,402
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

For me, the problem is that they have not been all that competitive in any of the games played. Even in the Lions game there was not a feeling that the Redskins was going to pull it off. The offense is sputtering and too reliant on an injured player. The defense is terrible. The question becomes what is the solution?

I believe that Hasslet has to go. There has to be a message sent that the defense is unacceptable. I read an article where Josh Wilson was quoted in saying that it doesn't matter if teams get 1000+ yards on us as long as we win or they don't score. That mindset doesn't work. You need to give your offense better field position.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #307
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

actually D hall has played OK so far, and sat what u want about him but he gets INTS
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #308
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The one thing RG3 can do immediately to help turn this team around is to not commit two completely unforced turnovers.

Outside of that, none of this mess is on the quarterback.
Don't know if I'd go that far. We have an O that after 3 games has been out scored by of D in the first half. Where it might not be is fault he has done nothing to help the cause. I don't see RGIII out there leading the team.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #309
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I mean how is it that the redskins get worse after a 10 win season?? It just sucks man, I was really looking forward to this year and it really seems like it's already over
One important thing to keep in mind: teams that have great continuity from year to year don't have great continuity because they fear changing their starters, they just have a great player development system that promotes players from within right when they are entering their prime.

The Redskins don't have this. They didn't promote even one starter from within between 2012 and 2013. So what they have is the second oldest team in football (after the one that just beat us) thats just hanging on to declining vets because they feel they are limited to replace them only through current year draft picks and free agents (cap space).

So while it was a pretty impressive accomplishment that they were able to keep last year's team together, it also meant they're really struggling to improve the roster on last year.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #310
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,831
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

I really think the biggest problem right now is the defense. They are just plain awful. I have NEVER seen such poor tackling. It is nearly comically.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #311
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Don't know if I'd go that far. We have an O that after 3 games has been out scored by of D in the first half. Where it might not be is fault he has done nothing to help the cause. I don't see RGIII out there leading the team.
The solution is to get better offensive players.

Or score less on defense.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #312
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Our D has given up the most yards in the history of the league after 3 weeks..

How does that even happen???? Good lord
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #313
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,831
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
One important thing to keep in mind: teams that have great continuity from year to year don't have great continuity because they fear changing their starters, they just have a great player development system that promotes players from within right when they are entering their prime.

The Redskins don't have this. They didn't promote even one starter from within between 2012 and 2013. So what they have is the second oldest team in football (after the one that just beat us) thats just hanging on to declining vets because they feel they are limited to replace them only through current year draft picks and free agents (cap space).

So while it was a pretty impressive accomplishment that they were able to keep last year's team together, it also meant they're really struggling to improve the roster on last year.
I think alot of that ties back to the cap penalty.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #314
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
One important thing to keep in mind: teams that have great continuity from year to year don't have great continuity because they fear changing their starters, they just have a great player development system that promotes players from within right when they are entering their prime.

The Redskins don't have this. They didn't promote even one starter from within between 2012 and 2013. So what they have is the second oldest team in football (after the one that just beat us) thats just hanging on to declining vets because they feel they are limited to replace them only through current year draft picks and free agents (cap space).

So while it was a pretty impressive accomplishment that they were able to keep last year's team together, it also meant they're really struggling to improve the roster on last year.
I think that goes back to the cap hit we took the past two years.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #315
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
actually D hall has played OK so far, and sat what u want about him but he gets INTS
Hall probably had his best game as a Redskin yesterday. And the two outside receivers on the Lions both went for 100 yards.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32976 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25