Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Lions postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: At 0-3 the Redskins season is...
Over, get ready for the draft 13 12.75%
Just beginning, remember last year? 20 19.61%
Not over, but .500 is the ceiling 32 31.37%
Too early to tell either way 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #316
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
I think that goes back to the cap hit we took the past two years.
Cap penalty or no cap penalty, a football team can choose it's veterans. You're stuck with the young talent you bring in because of rookie contracts and the waivers system, but the veteran market is different. You can always save money by cutting.

If the players in their first three seasons were struggling, and that's why the team was 0-3, you might suggest that the cap penalty was limiting the team from getting enough talent to compete. But the young players who were drafted have been thrust into the lineup almost immediately and have more than held their own.

If you make a list of guys who aren't helping, you get Fletcher and Meriweather near the top, but also Fred Davis, Will Montgomery, Tyler Polumbus, Stephen Bowen, Adam Carriker, and probably Josh Morgan (though I'm feeling more charatable yesterday after AlfMo's TD run). There's just a ton of cap dollars tied up there that have nothing to do with the penalty.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #317
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Sorry but what my eyes tell me isn't right. He got ran down from behind by a DE's a couple times, he threw behind guys, he threw high, low, and a terrible pick...then he makes some great throws, especially the one to Robinson. Like everyone else, he needs to play better, but he's getting too much blame, just like last year, he was getting too much credit.
Talking about the one he dropped. That pass was under thrown and probably the reason it was dropped.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #318
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The one thing RG3 can do immediately to help turn this team around is to not commit two completely unforced turnovers.

Outside of that, none of this mess is on the quarterback.
Unfortunately those are probably the two poorest plays of the games yesterday and hold the most scrutiny. Part of RG3 game which has grown this year is the check down, man he really knows how to pad the stat line.

Less RG3, more Alfmo and the running game. Not winning too many game throwing 50 times.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #319
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

No more liquor for firstdown today.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #320
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I mean how is it that the redskins get worse after a 10 win season?? It just sucks man, I was really looking forward to this year and it really seems like it's already over
I get the offensive problems with griff coming back from injury, but the defense truly is epically bad. Most of these guys have been in this system 3 years and are starting thier fourth.

Terrible mess.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #321
Impact Rookie
 
Evilgrin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Just a small bit of Info, Doc said this morning on the radio that Griffs interception was a great throw. He put the int more on Garcon then Griff.
__________________
Chris Russell: "To clarify point I made on @ESPNRadio980 - clearly Mike Shanahan wanted Peyton Manning in '12. He also very much desired Russell Wilson."

Mike Shanahan never was able to get the players he wanted, lets all cry for him.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #322
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I get the offensive problems with griff coming back from injury, but the defense truly is epically bad. Most of these guys have been in this system 3 years and are starting thier fourth.

Terrible mess.
To me, the defense being a mess, is that really honest to god a surprise? Did we watch last year?

The surprise is the offense. Kyle is doing a terrible job, and like Garcon said today, RG3 is not healthy. Thats the main reason we need to run the ball.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #323
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Unfortunately those are probably the two poorest plays of the games yesterday and hold the most scrutiny. Part of RG3 game which has grown this year is the check down, man he really knows how to pad the stat line.

Less RG3, more Alfmo and the running game. Not winning too many game throwing 50 times.
Sure, but you've got to pick your battles when criticizing an 0-3 team.

In my utopian world, my quarterback doesn't ever turn the ball over, and if he does, my depth chart is four deep with equally awesome players who won't turn the ball over, and every choice my coach makes always works.

In reality, even great players make bad decisions sometimes. Griffin has been guilty of the careless play this year. But I thought other than that, the team looked mostly fine yesterday. When you went into the year looking at ways they might lose at home to the Lions, the game that actually happened yesterday was pretty high up there on that list. In isolation, nothing at all to be concerned about.

But we're not looking at yesterday in isolation when we criticize Griffin's turnovers. We're looking at his game yesterday in the context as coming off the worst two game stretch of a Shanahan era that has been very underwhelming in it's totality. And thus the expectation falls on Griffin to not just be great, but to be as great as we need him to be, given declining teammates.

And that's how two careless turnovers go from "young players gonna young" to "totally unacceptable"
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #324
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
Just a small bit of Info, Doc said this morning on the radio that Griffs interception was a great throw. He put the int more on Garcon then Griff.
What? that's effing retarded. horrible rex-like int where the ball needed to be thrown away.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #325
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,213
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Here is a solution to 2 of our defensive problems.

1. Remove London Fletcher as ILB
2. Install him as the new Defensive Coordinator immediately
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #326
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

If you want to wait for Griffin to be truly, 100% back to the level of athlete he was last season, that means sitting him out for the entire season. A full Derrick Rose.

But for practical purposes in terms of functioning as an athlete at a high level, the guy is fine. No issues throwing the football or gaining velocity in open space. There's a limited amount of explosion in the knee. But: he's a quarterback. There's more explosion in that rehabbing knee than Peyton Manning has, and Manning's making out okay.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #327
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Sure, but you've got to pick your battles when criticizing an 0-3 team.

In my utopian world, my quarterback doesn't ever turn the ball over, and if he does, my depth chart is four deep with equally awesome players who won't turn the ball over, and every choice my coach makes always works.

In reality, even great players make bad decisions sometimes. Griffin has been guilty of the careless play this year. But I thought other than that, the team looked mostly fine yesterday. When you went into the year looking at ways they might lose at home to the Lions, the game that actually happened yesterday was pretty high up there on that list. In isolation, nothing at all to be concerned about.

But we're not looking at yesterday in isolation when we criticize Griffin's turnovers. We're looking at his game yesterday in the context as coming off the worst two game stretch of a Shanahan era that has been very underwhelming in it's totality. And thus the expectation falls on Griffin to not just be great, but to be as great as we need him to be, given declining teammates.

And that's how two careless turnovers go from "young players gonna young" to "totally unacceptable"
U did see the 2 other shoulda been picked throws and fumbled snaps/scramble plays?

RG3 needs to take care of the ball much better.

PS First, that ball was thrown perfect to Robinson.
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #328
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,121
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
If you want to wait for Griffin to be truly, 100% back to the level of athlete he was last season, that means sitting him out for the entire season. A full Derrick Rose.

But for practical purposes in terms of functioning as an athlete at a high level, the guy is fine. No issues throwing the football or gaining velocity in open space. There's a limited amount of explosion in the knee. But: he's a quarterback. There's more explosion in that rehabbing knee than Peyton Manning has, and Manning's making out okay.
I think 90% would be good, but dont think he's there. I see less velocity in his throws
__________________
@RSherman_25 just make sure you stay in Seattle cause without that pass rush you are who we thought you were. 5th rd PK no speed good hands

DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23) March 14, 2014
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #329
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,767
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Talking about the one he dropped. That pass was under thrown and probably the reason it was dropped.
It was dropped because Robinson dropped it. Not because it was under thrown by a yard.

That was a NFL throw, it is not going to be perfect but it was still a good throw and most receivers in the NFL make that catch. I've seen elite quarterbacks make similar throws and receivers come down with it.

RG3 hasn't been great, and unless the Skins have a great QB, this team is mediocre at best... and calling them mediocre is generous in my opinion.
donofriose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #330
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
No more liquor for firstdown today.
Agreed that was a thing of beauty.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30101 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25