Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins Lions postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: At 0-3 the Redskins season is...
Over, get ready for the draft 13 12.75%
Just beginning, remember last year? 20 19.61%
Not over, but .500 is the ceiling 32 31.37%
Too early to tell either way 37 36.27%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #466
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,116
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Then we have the wrong QB. You don't see this shit happening with Manning, Brady, Luck, Ryan, Rodgers or Brees.
What are you talking about? Manning and Irsay definitely friends. Brady and Kraft absolutely friends. Ryan and Blank...yup?

Is it some crime for an owner and player to be friends? Snyder is also friends with Bruce Allen. Spends time with Mike Shanahan and his family too.

But back to the "issue". RG3 being empowered. Again, damn right he is. He's the star player, the franchise QB. Just like all the other guys listed above.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #467
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,596
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What are you talking about? Manning and Irsay definitely friends. Brady and Kraft absolutely friends. Ryan and Blank...yup?

Is it some crime for an owner and player to be friends? Snyder is also friends with Bruce Allen. Spends time with Mike Shanahan and his family too.

But back to the "issue". RG3 being empowered. Again, damn right he is. He's the star player, the franchise QB. Just like all the other guys listed above.
I wasn't clear. I was referencing that you don't see that shit happening with the other guys in relation to that owner's relationship getting in the way of the coach at hand. This may be inaccurate, but it's nothing that's been brought to the public such as this situation has.

We know what happens when Snyder becomes friends with players. Look at the crap that happened with Clinton Portis. Ran to the owner to undermine his coach. We can't have that crap happening, and do you really trust Snyder not to meddle like before?
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #468
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,248
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Than we have the wrong QB. You don't see this shit happening with Manning, Brady, Luck, Ryan, Rodgers or Brees.
It did happen with Jerry Rice here in SF and Brett Favre in GB.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #469
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,116
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I wasn't clear. I was referencing that you don't see that shit happening with the other guys in relation to that owner's relationship getting in the way of the coach at hand. This may be inaccurate, but it's nothing that's been brought to the public such as this situation has.

We know what happens when Snyder becomes friends with players. Look at the crap that happened with Clinton Portis. Ran to the owner to undermine his coach. We can't have that crap happening, and do you really trust Snyder not to meddle like before?
Well a) I don't see that Snyder has gotten in the way of Shanahan. Or that RG3 has run to him. That's not what Schefter said. and b) Do you know how many players Snyder has been friends with? It's not like CP was his only friend for the last 15 years.

Snyder is the least of our problems right now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #470
Finally... The Offseason!!

 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,907
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

- Brandon "The Myth" Merriweather was the worst player on the field. Quite an accomplishment on this defense.

- I liked the Thompson kid as a RB in preseason, but his kick returns have me longing for Brandon Banks. At least BB gave me false hope for a few seconds.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #471
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 7,506
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
- Brandon "The Myth" Merriweather was the worst player on the field. Quite an accomplishment on this defense.

- I liked the Thompson kid as a RB in preseason, but his kick returns have me longing for Brandon Banks. At least BB gave me false hope for a few seconds.
If I'm coaching the kickoff returners this week, I'm telling them that they are not to take out a single kick unless it is fielded outside of the endzone. The decision making by those guys is infuriating.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #472
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,769
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
- Brandon "The Myth" Merriweather was the worst player on the field. Quite an accomplishment on this defense.

- I liked the Thompson kid as a RB in preseason, but his kick returns have me longing for Brandon Banks. At least BB gave me false hope for a few seconds.
Someone should play that "tackle" where he got hurt in a loop at Redskins Park with a sign that says: DON'T F*CKING TACKLE LIKE THIS
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #473
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,469
Re: Redskins Lions postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Someone should play that "tackle" where he got hurt in a loop at Redskins Park with a sign that says: DON'T F*CKING TACKLE LIKE THIS
it's actually oddly funny, in a sad FML kind of way :/
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24048 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25