Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins consider extending Mike Shanahan's contract?
Yes 24 28.92%
No 26 31.33%
Let's see how the rest of the season plays out 33 39.76%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #571
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I don't think anybody is letting the offense off the hook, but when you're getting outscored 25.6 - 31.9 and you factor in all the other numbers and rankings, it's easy to see where the majority of the blame lies. Yet most of our focus is on RG3 and Kyle. Dumb.
The focus is only there because Shanny apologists doggedly (like over and over and over and over) point to the offense as a defense of the current regime.

The same offense that can't score points when it matters. Couldn't score against a horrible Denver defense and even worst Vikings defense for an entire half of the game.

In a phrase, it's the most inconsistent, underwhelming top 10 offense I've ever seen. Inconsistent in both the short and long run, btw. Running the QB, especially one who's already suffered major injuries and definitely isn't the burly body type of a Cunningham for instance, isn't tenable.

So I don't know, ban me and/or shut the thread and discussion down I guess. We've all had our say and now it's just waiting for the end of the Shanahan era...
The Goat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #572
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,621
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What I want to know is who the hell is letting the D or the ST off the hook?
I think it just comes down to both of those units are so far from fixable. Nothing can be done about them this year. However the offense is damn near fully functional. So to ask for it to be alittle better (enough to win the close games atleast) is a realistic option. That is not the case with D or ST. We know they suck.
Out of the 8 teams ahead of the Redskins in average points scored, only the Denver Broncos average more points scored per game than what the Redskins defense is giving up. Let that sink in for a bit. The Saints come in at 2nd place averaging 29.4 points per ball game - not enough to compensate for the points the defense gives up. All top ten of the offenses are separated by a point or two or three (and even separated by a tenth of a point), with the exception of the Denver Broncos who are averaging over 41 points per ball game.

So, your argument is that the offense needs to do better because there is no hope for the special teams and defense. An offense that is only separated by about three points from the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league - needs to do better? That just isn't a logical argument. Your other argument is someone needs to be punished for the poor effort of the defense and special teams. Yes, I agree. How about we punish the defensive coordinator and special teams coach? Seems logical to me. Have them jettisoned out of Washington in favor of someone else who provides a better effort? Pair Mike Shanahan with a defense that is in the top ten in points allowed. Then we see if it was truly a mistake to bring Shanahan in.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #573
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,714
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Rg3 has been great the last few games
So you think he played "great" in the second half of the Vikings game?? lol. Um, not quite. No question he's playing better the last two weeks, but I don't think "great" is the word. Drew Brees last week? 400 yards and 4 td's.... That's more like what I would call a "great" performance. But again, RG3 is picking up his play.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #574
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monk Machine View Post
Matt- By no way am I going to try to convince you. You love the Shanahans, want our QB running the ball, and fully endorse the stat argument that Rob is a pocket passer b/c he throws the ball more than last year.
What I find troubling is people who defend Kyle with your type interjections. We have a run game in Alfred= we don't need Robert to run. Robert running= less of Roberto's career. When Robert is hurt= the season comes to an end prematurely or he is played regardless if we have a capable backup.
Kyle runs an ineffective passing game. Every pass is a play action, idk what % but WR's line up in the backfield behind or next to rob, last Vikings game had 7+ screen passes behind the line of scrimmage. -1 yd pass attempts are not the same thing as passing downfield. But the Kyle defense will say it is b/c technically it leaves the QB's hand in a forward direction. I don't need split hairs argued to me.
Roberts #'s are up. Figuring we are in countless garbage minute games, how much of that is garbage stats?. Maybe the fact that teams would rather give up dink and dunk passes b/c they know the team has wasted 3/4th of the game running RB/QB and trail by 15pts they can afford garbage stats.
Maybe Rob is regaining yardage on yards he lost scrambling or running in the backfield.
Garçons #'s are up. Besides Reed, has anybody else caught a single pass all season? No! Well, I support Hank. The whole point I make is take away robs runs and give to Alfred or use passing downfield to receivers.
I love the offense. It's fun on my NCAA '13 game. But it's f'n insane to read people attacking opposition to Kyle with out of context stats like we are on course for wins, postseason, Super Bowl, and championships. Unless you have a different math that 3-6 is a good thing, face facts. 2012 7 game win streak is still < fantasy of Kyle having a logical system and Robert being the dream pocket passer alluded by their defense.
I think every QB on every team is able to pass more in this new era. 3 1st round draft picks ought to have bought us a QB not a RB/QB hybrid. We are trying to get RINGS not RatINGS and marketing dollars.

Even if we had a the '85 Bears defense, my complaints would be the same= let the RB run, pass the ball downfield, and play solid defense. I think we are all old enough to remember what the nfl was.
Guessing you were going for dramatic effect with the exaggerations?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #575
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,714
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
For those complaining about the offense:

Offense

Points: Avg 25.6 (9th)
Yards: Avg 410.4 (5th)
Pass Yards: 259.2 (10th)
Rush Yards: 151.2 (3rd)

Defense

Points: Avg 31.9 (31st)
Yards: Avg 388.6 (27th)
Pass Yards: 274.8 (26th)
Rush Yards: 113.8 (16th)

We have a 6th ranked offense and a 25th ranked defense.

So this is what I'm reading from you guys: RGIII is not a pro quarterback, the zone-blocking scheme doesn't work, Kyle Shanahan needs to be fired, the offensive line is horrible, the offense isn't scoring enough points.

The defense gives up 31.9 points per ball game - 31st in the league. The offense scores 25.6 points per ball game - 9th in the league.

So a 9th ranked scoring offense warrants being blown up while nobody talks about the 31st ranked defense giving up over 30 points a ball game? Amazing. SMH.

Instead of going with a new direction on defense (and special teams), bringing their rank up from 31st (in points allowed) to say, 16th (middle of the road) and maintaining a top 10 offense in scoring, there's no way this team improves in the win column? You're not willing to address the specific areas that need address, you'd rather hit the nuke button on the whole thing? I'm so glad you guys aren't GM's and coaches.
People love to throw around stats here. lol. We win last week if the offense could score from the 1 yard line and not gt basically shut out in the 2nd half. We win if Rak and Kerrigan could get a damn sack. We win if Rocco would stop shanking punts...get my point? We're 3-6 because of all three phases. To blame one more than the other seems pointless to me. This team needs help everywhere.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #576
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,367
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

I hope we dont lose double digits this year, this board is gonna get crazy if we are this far gone already.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #577
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,914
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So you think he played "great" in the second half of the Vikings game?? lol. Um, not quite. No question he's playing better the last two weeks, but I don't think "great" is the word. Drew Brees last week? 400 yards and 4 td's.... That's more like what I would call a "great" performance. But again, RG3 is picking up his play.
Not many of the young QB's are having great games. They play well for halves (like Andrew Luck last night) but they are all showing inconsistencies which should be expected from young QBs.

Also the second half against the Vikings to me was more about the terrible play by the offensive line than RG3. They couldn't block anyone.
donofriose is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #578
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,621
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
People love to throw around stats here. lol. We win last week if the offense could score from the 1 yard line and not gt basically shut out in the 2nd half. We win if Rak and Kerrigan could get a damn sack. We win if Rocco would stop shanking punts...get my point? We're 3-6 because of all three phases. To blame one more than the other seems pointless to me. This team needs help everywhere.
Yes I get your point. Thanks for proving mine. If Orakpo and Kerrigan get more sacks, the defense allows fewer points. If special teams don't give up big plays, the team has a better chance at winning more ball games. Exactly what I've been saying. A team with a 9th ranked offense in points scored should easily win more ball games with improved special teams and defensive play.
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #579
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Give me stats anyday over wild exaggerations and perceptions that don't match up with reality.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #580
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,209
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hope we dont lose double digits this year, this board is gonna get crazy if we are this far gone already.

HAHA this board is crazy when we win 10 games!
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #581
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,088
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

To me it is silly to say all three are responsible, obviously they are. It is a team sport. However, some facets are more liable for the position we are in and I have a hard time seeing how offense is held to the same level as the defense and special teams in this instance.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #582
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,396
Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Out of the 8 teams ahead of the Redskins in average points scored, only the Denver Broncos average more points scored per game than what the Redskins defense is giving up. Let that sink in for a bit. The Saints come in at 2nd place averaging 29.4 points per ball game - not enough to compensate for the points the defense gives up. All top ten of the offenses are separated by a point or two or three (and even separated by a tenth of a point), with the exception of the Denver Broncos who are averaging over 41 points per ball game.

So, your argument is that the offense needs to do better because there is no hope for the special teams and defense. An offense that is only separated by about three points from the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league - needs to do better? That just isn't a logical argument. Your other argument is someone needs to be punished for the poor effort of the defense and special teams. Yes, I agree. How about we punish the defensive coordinator and special teams coach? Seems logical to me. Have them jettisoned out of Washington in favor of someone else who provides a better effort? Pair Mike Shanahan with a defense that is in the top ten in points allowed. Then we see if it was truly a mistake to bring Shanahan in.
I didnt say anything about punishing anyone? I said the d and st suck.
Also I did not argue that the offense needs to do better really. Im simply pointing out that I do not think anyone is bashing the offense and letting the other units off the hook. I think it is more a result of - we can expect even more from this offense because it is quite capable (it is a compliment), whereas the d and st is what it is - shit. We cannot expect more than what we get from them so let it go for this year.
Also I didnt even mention Shanny.
So again - as fans we see the potential of RG-3, Morris, and Garcon and we want to win 41-38. Lol. I expect more from those guys than i do from the D. It doesnt mean I think it is their fault if we lose. They, however, are our only hope for winning.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #583
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The focus is only there because Shanny apologists doggedly (like over and over and over and over) point to the offense as a defense of the current regime.

The same offense that can't score points when it matters. Couldn't score against a horrible Denver defense and even worst Vikings defense for an entire half of the game.

In a phrase, it's the most inconsistent, underwhelming top 10 offense I've ever seen. Inconsistent in both the short and long run, btw. Running the QB, especially one who's already suffered major injuries and definitely isn't the burly body type of a Cunningham for instance, isn't tenable.

So I don't know, ban me and/or shut the thread and discussion down I guess. We've all had our say and now it's just waiting for the end of the Shanahan era...
Just like the Shanny haters keep ignoring any success the offense has, and in fact want to point blame to that side of the ball which just continues to amaze me.

Cunningham had a burly body? LOL dude was a string bean at 6-4 215 and funny enough when he blew out his knee it came on a hit in the pocket, not on a scramble.

I swear how do you come up with this nonsense?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #584
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,711
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just like the Shanny haters keep ignoring any success the offense has, and in fact want to point blame to that side of the ball which just continues to amaze me.

Cunningham had a burly body? LOL dude was a string bean at 6-4 215 and funny enough when he blew out his knee it came on a hit in the pocket, not on a scramble.

I swear how do you come up with this nonsense?
I was waiting for someone to call him out on that one..

Goat where you thinking of McFlabb or Culpepper?

Those guys were "burly" not RC...
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #585
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 82,988
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Back to the pocket passer BS for a moment

Robert Griffin III: 'I've got tough skin' - ESPN

Among the criticisms: He's not a pocket passer. For now, that's accurate as Griffin operates best when the Redskins ask him to be multi-dimensional. But he's been hot on third downs in the past two games, completing 16-of-21 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns -- and most have come on straight dropbacks. He's third in the NFL the past two weeks on third downs with a total quarterback rating of 97.0, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36707 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25