Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins consider extending Mike Shanahan's contract?
Yes 24 28.92%
No 26 31.33%
Let's see how the rest of the season plays out 33 39.76%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #601
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Give me stats anyday over wild exaggerations and perceptions that don't match up with reality.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #602
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I hope we dont lose double digits this year, this board is gonna get crazy if we are this far gone already.

HAHA this board is crazy when we win 10 games!
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #603
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,116
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

To me it is silly to say all three are responsible, obviously they are. It is a team sport. However, some facets are more liable for the position we are in and I have a hard time seeing how offense is held to the same level as the defense and special teams in this instance.
BaltimoreSkins is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #604
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,583
Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Out of the 8 teams ahead of the Redskins in average points scored, only the Denver Broncos average more points scored per game than what the Redskins defense is giving up. Let that sink in for a bit. The Saints come in at 2nd place averaging 29.4 points per ball game - not enough to compensate for the points the defense gives up. All top ten of the offenses are separated by a point or two or three (and even separated by a tenth of a point), with the exception of the Denver Broncos who are averaging over 41 points per ball game.

So, your argument is that the offense needs to do better because there is no hope for the special teams and defense. An offense that is only separated by about three points from the 2nd highest scoring offense in the league - needs to do better? That just isn't a logical argument. Your other argument is someone needs to be punished for the poor effort of the defense and special teams. Yes, I agree. How about we punish the defensive coordinator and special teams coach? Seems logical to me. Have them jettisoned out of Washington in favor of someone else who provides a better effort? Pair Mike Shanahan with a defense that is in the top ten in points allowed. Then we see if it was truly a mistake to bring Shanahan in.
I didnt say anything about punishing anyone? I said the d and st suck.
Also I did not argue that the offense needs to do better really. Im simply pointing out that I do not think anyone is bashing the offense and letting the other units off the hook. I think it is more a result of - we can expect even more from this offense because it is quite capable (it is a compliment), whereas the d and st is what it is - shit. We cannot expect more than what we get from them so let it go for this year.
Also I didnt even mention Shanny.
So again - as fans we see the potential of RG-3, Morris, and Garcon and we want to win 41-38. Lol. I expect more from those guys than i do from the D. It doesnt mean I think it is their fault if we lose. They, however, are our only hope for winning.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #605
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The focus is only there because Shanny apologists doggedly (like over and over and over and over) point to the offense as a defense of the current regime.

The same offense that can't score points when it matters. Couldn't score against a horrible Denver defense and even worst Vikings defense for an entire half of the game.

In a phrase, it's the most inconsistent, underwhelming top 10 offense I've ever seen. Inconsistent in both the short and long run, btw. Running the QB, especially one who's already suffered major injuries and definitely isn't the burly body type of a Cunningham for instance, isn't tenable.

So I don't know, ban me and/or shut the thread and discussion down I guess. We've all had our say and now it's just waiting for the end of the Shanahan era...
Just like the Shanny haters keep ignoring any success the offense has, and in fact want to point blame to that side of the ball which just continues to amaze me.

Cunningham had a burly body? LOL dude was a string bean at 6-4 215 and funny enough when he blew out his knee it came on a hit in the pocket, not on a scramble.

I swear how do you come up with this nonsense?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #606
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,715
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just like the Shanny haters keep ignoring any success the offense has, and in fact want to point blame to that side of the ball which just continues to amaze me.

Cunningham had a burly body? LOL dude was a string bean at 6-4 215 and funny enough when he blew out his knee it came on a hit in the pocket, not on a scramble.

I swear how do you come up with this nonsense?
I was waiting for someone to call him out on that one..

Goat where you thinking of McFlabb or Culpepper?

Those guys were "burly" not RC...
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is online now  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #607
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Back to the pocket passer BS for a moment

Robert Griffin III: 'I've got tough skin' - ESPN

Among the criticisms: He's not a pocket passer. For now, that's accurate as Griffin operates best when the Redskins ask him to be multi-dimensional. But he's been hot on third downs in the past two games, completing 16-of-21 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns -- and most have come on straight dropbacks. He's third in the NFL the past two weeks on third downs with a total quarterback rating of 97.0, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #608
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,885
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Offense def better than the defense. But it struggled immensly the first four games.

Foolish to just say the defense is to blame, especially dumb not to mention Special Teams at all. They are more a contributing factor than most think and especially key in several losses.
The first four games, we scored 27(7 off a pick 6), 20, 20, and 24 points respectively.

The defense gave up 33, 38, 27, 14 respectively.

We need the offense to step up because the defense and special teams BOTH SUCK, and the offense stepped up to carry us last season. But Kyle and the offense aren't the problem.
HailGreen28 is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #609
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
I was waiting for someone to call him out on that one..

Goat where you thinking of McFlabb or Culpepper?

Those guys were "burly" not RC...
And Steve McNair was a big mofo too. Cunningham was light early on but always looked like a fuller build to me than RG ever has. Just my opinion. RG doesn't help himself by playing with a "rigid" body if that makes sense. I mean the shots he takes are horrendous enough, but from boxing/kickboxing I can attest to how you take the contact makes a huge difference. Loose and limber minimizes the hits while holding yourself rigid makes everything worse.
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #610
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,384
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
And Steve McNair was a big mofo too. Cunningham was light early on but always looked like a fuller build to me than RG ever has. Just my opinion. RG doesn't help himself by playing with a "rigid" body if that makes sense. I mean the shots he takes are horrendous enough, but from boxing/kickboxing I can attest to how you take the contact makes a huge difference. Loose and limber minimizes the hits while holding yourself rigid makes everything worse.
Cunningham was listed at 215 when he retired, so early on he was probably closer to 200. He had skinny legs and arms much like Griffin, but both are incredible athletes. I guess you would have been in the make Cunningham a pocket passer camp back then?

As far as Griffin going 'rigid'... no idea where you're coming from. Most of the hits he takes on 2nd look aren't nearly as bad as they look at full speed, mostly because he knows how to take a hit and loosen or twist his body as needed to not take the full shot.

Any more BS you want to try to throw at the wall?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #611
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,662
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The first four games, we scored 27(7 off a pick 6), 20, 20, and 24 points respectively.

The defense gave up 33, 38, 27, 14 respectively.

We need the offense to step up because the defense and special teams BOTH SUCK, and the offense stepped up to carry us last season. But Kyle and the offense aren't the problem.
How much more can the offense step up? The defense is actually the unit that stepped up last year when the 'skins went on their 7-0 run. The offense had been playing on all cylinders all season last year.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #612
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Cunningham was listed at 215 when he retired, so early on he was probably closer to 200. He had skinny legs and arms much like Griffin, but both are incredible athletes. I guess you would have been in the make Cunningham a pocket passer camp back then?

As far as Griffin going 'rigid'... no idea where you're coming from. Most of the hits he takes on 2nd look aren't nearly as bad as they look at full speed, mostly because he knows how to take a hit and loosen or twist his body as needed to not take the full shot.

Any more BS you want to try to throw at the wall?
The only nonsense around here are all the excuses and apologies made for the sad state of the team under the current regime. It's a constant bait and switch game. I've said in the past guys like Pete Carroll built great teams in a short time, only to hear Seattle's situation wasn't nearly as bad as what Mike took over. So I say, ok, Carroll had some talent and added to it smartly, only to hear people NOW say Carroll started with nothing. LOL.

It's become an ongoing joke for me to see how the stories will change next, all to somehow exonerate Mike's trash winning record this season, overall with the Redskins, and long before that.

So Cunningham was skinny like RG and that proves that Mike should stay and he's the best and anybody who says otherwise is just wrong. LMAO.

But it's really sad on the other hand. We've missed so many great coaching opportunities over the last four years (Carroll and Reid being my fav but there's several others who've shown superior coaching ability and team building than what we have) and will undoubtedly see more opportunities pass as long as we stick with the guy who hasn't put a complete team together in nearly decade, who's message clearly doesn't generate discipline, preparedness, or a competitive team.

On a deeper level, I keep wondering about the psyche behind supporting a losing situation. Behind supporting a loser. Underdog is one thing, but this is totally different. For instance, if someone is a hardcore Denver fan who fell in love with Mike Shanahan 15 years ago and can't let go of the past, well I've known a few of those (dad was). But for people who otherwise would have no allegiance to Shanahan to just doggedly bait and switch and build up straw men and make all kinds of idiotic excuses for him, I'll just never understand it. Will you guys follow Mike to his next team?
The Goat is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #613
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Just saying those flavor of the month college offense genius coaches, its a risky option. How's that pistol offense doing this year? Yeah not so great.

The Shanny hire wasnt bad, about getting the house in order more than anything. Organization is in a much better place than it was before. Shanny has alot to do with that. Has it transfered to wins on the field, not exactly which is disappointing. Like I said before, i dont really care if he stays or goes. I just dont want a knee jerk hire which sets us back...and like you said before, this team is not that far off which I believe is true.
Well, it also wasn't that far off in 2009 either...we just haven't gotten any closer. It's the same situation: the team is old, not winning, and changes of some degree have to be made. There's no Cerrato to kick around this time, but his absence hasn't changed much.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #614
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The first four games, we scored 27(7 off a pick 6), 20, 20, and 24 points respectively.

The defense gave up 33, 38, 27, 14 respectively.

We need the offense to step up because the defense and special teams BOTH SUCK, and the offense stepped up to carry us last season. But Kyle and the offense aren't the problem.
The last paragraph is exactly my point. I think some of the frustration with the o in this thread is being misread as critiscism when it is just a desperate cry to help our lousy d and st even more! Lol.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is online now  
Old 11-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #615
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Who's your pick's for next HC, DC and OC?

The problem with the argument that the offense is doing well overall is two things:

The Redskins have played the 32nd ranked schedule of defenses according to Football Outsiders.

A lot of the points-yards discrepancy is because the defense is scoring at a considerable rate.

Both of these are major factors which when considered re-categorizes the offense as average-ish. The running game is good. Really good. It's carrying the offense. Since the bye, it's been the top running game in the NFL. The passing game is still wildly inconsistent at best and not very good at worst. In sum, the offense has not been a great asset this year, at least according to the numbers.

The defense has also been wildly inconsistent, but their ranking is probably more harsh than their performance. They rank in the bottom quarter of the league by most measures, but they're not that far off from average. They've just faced a really tough schedule.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34165 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25