Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #61
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 608
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

I am going to go out on a limb -- Skins win big. I think Chicago is overrated. They are 4-2, but the 4Ws come against Minnesota (who is a terrible team, and they won by 1 point), the Steelers (another terrible team, won by 8), the Giants (worse than us and won by only 6), and Cincinnati (a decent team, and they won by only a FG). The two losses -- to the Saints by 8 and to the Lions by 8 (we played the Lions closer, by the way) -- are not shameful, but for the Bears to be considered a very good team, rather than a middle-of-the-road team which I believe them to be, they have to win one of those games.

So we're playing better (or D has been solid two games in a row, and our offense has improved from the first two weeks, although there's room for a lot more improvement), and the Bears are just OK.

I say Redskins 36, Bears 17.

Hail, baby.
calia is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #62
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,688
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

[quote=The Goat;1033586]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Hopefully his arm and torso are adjusting to getting the legs back to 100% and that's both the reason his throws were off and why they'll improve going forward.
Goat that hits it on the head, he is getting close to putting everything back together with his game. Once he does we will be fine. And yes I believe he is close even based off of the Dallas game.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #63
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,688
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

[quote=The Goat;1033586]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Hopefully his arm and torso are adjusting to getting the legs back to 100% and that's both the reason his throws were off and why they'll improve going forward.
Goat that hits it on the head, he is getting close to putting everything back together with his game. Once he does we will be fine. And yes I believe he is close even based off of the Dallas game.

Take away that AWFUL performance from our ST unit then who know who wins that game.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #64
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 608
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

[quote=artmonkforhallofamein07;1033611]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post

Goat that hits it on the head, he is getting close to putting everything back together with his game. Once he does we will be fine. And yes I believe he is close even based off of the Dallas game.

Take away that AWFUL performance from our ST unit then who know who wins that game.
I think we would have won that game, to be honest. The rolled up 31 points on us with a measly 216 yeards. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the best points:yards ratios ever. At 16 points:433 yards, we probably had one of the worst ones in recent memory. Any game where you hold an opponent to 216 total yards is a game you ought to win. Dallas literally had one decent drive the whole game -- the first one, and that accounted for more than 1/3 of their yards. But for the ST failings, I suspect we would have pressed a bit less and made fewer other mistakes. If you more than double an opponent's total yards, you will win 9 time out of 10.
calia is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #65
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,126
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Niles Paul says coaching change a factor in Redskinsí special teams issues [UPDATED]

Looks like the special teams players are gently criticizing the special teams coach.

For some reason, I feel like the whole, "Well.. This system is different" coy, subtle technique players are saying is really masking a, "this system f'ing blows" ulterior sentiment.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #66
Impact Rookie
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 608
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

By the way, as shown by the attached stats, Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Aldrick Robinson have been, in effect, entirely uninvolved in our offense so far this year (yes, I know Paul serves as a receiver, and maybe Jordan Reed has already supplanted Davis entirely). But the lack of production is startling.

Redskins.com | Statistics'
calia is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #67
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,501
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
By the way, as shown by the attached stats, Fred Davis, Niles Paul, and Aldrick Robinson have been, in effect, entirely uninvolved in our offense so far this year (yes, I know Paul serves as a receiver, and maybe Jordan Reed has already supplanted Davis entirely). But the lack of production is startling.

Redskins.com | Statistics'
I just don't understand why this coaching staff can't get Davis on the field in 2 TE sets. He can help the offense score yet they leave him on the bench.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #68
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,126
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just don't understand why this coaching staff can't get Davis on the field in 2 TE sets. He can help the offense score yet they leave him on the bench.
Davis has basically fell to 3rd on the depth chart. During the Cowboys game, Reed had about 55 snaps, Paulsen had 20 and Davis had 18. I think the Redskins are over Davis and he's probably over them.

Paul isn't involved because he's 4th string and basically solely a special teams player.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #69
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Davis has basically fell to 3rd on the depth chart. During the Cowboys game, Reed had about 55 snaps, Paulsen had 20 and Davis had 18. I think the Redskins are over Davis and he's probably over them.

Paul isn't involved because he's 4th string and basically solely a special teams player.
What makes it extra disappointing is Davis showed so much promise and he's in a contract year, so you'd like to think he'd be playing lights out if given the opportunity. Gotta be some interpersonal issues at work there.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #70
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,328
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
What makes it extra disappointing is Davis showed so much promise and he's in a contract year, so you'd like to think he'd be playing lights out if given the opportunity. Gotta be some interpersonal issues at work there.
You are like the Dick Tracy of the Redskins.. Always something in the works lol.

Maybe

Just maybe...

The Achilles isnt what it use to be and Jordan Reed is just better?
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #71
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,640
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

It's not like Davis has always been the most motivated of players.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #72
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

True to both things but Davis gotta be an idiot for slacking in a contract year, he could have been looking at 8 digits.
The Goat is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #73
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,328
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
True to both things but Davis gotta be an idiot for slacking in a contract year, he could have been looking at 8 digits.
You're talking about the guy who got caught smoking pot several times?
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #74
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,243
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just don't understand why this coaching staff can't get Davis on the field in 2 TE sets. He can help the offense score yet they leave him on the bench.
Well, try to understand these things, as well:

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

2. Why can't the this coaching staff manage the clock?

3. Why can't the Redskins Special Teams do anything right?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.

Possible answer: This coaching staff sucks?
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #75
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,647
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, try to understand these things, as well:

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

2. Why can't the this coaching staff manage the clock?

3. Why can't the Redskins Special Teams do anything right?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.
1. Yup, I am with you on that.

2. Still hanging with you.

3. Yup, still looking good.

4. Oops, you just took a wrong turn into rehashed opinionated stupidville.

5. I dunno ... just like your list, it's all just opinion, but perhaps ... (a) b/c they were strapped with an offseason penalty that left unable to do anything but try to keep as many of the pieces of an NFC East Division winning team together as they could; (b) their star QB was still shaking off the rust and was not as far along as had been hoped causing the offense to sputter and forcing the defense coming back onto the field; (c) b/c the offensive players were performing at a sub-par level and turning the ball over to high powered offenses; (d) the offenses we faced were really good; or (e) the players on the field were missing more tackles than any other team in the league and led the league in allowing yards after contact (i.e. they were put in places to succeed, but failed to do so).

6. First - you know for a fact that (a) this is going on; and (b) the position coaches oppose it and believe it to be detrimental to the players and the actual in-game happenings? Cite me the quote/link please.

Even if KS is more "hands on" for certain aspects of the offense he supervises, maybe, just maybe, the OC thinks the position coaches under him need better supervision and assistance and is giving it to them in the same way any supervisor would assist their mid-level managers in hopes of locating problems and improving the final product? BUT NO ... You're right. Despite merely (what I suspect to be) vague rumors of "over involvement" in the work of his direct reports, the only possible conclusion is that KS is an intrusive, interfering micromanager who ignores his primary job.

7. It's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Possible answer: This coaching staff sucks?
Clearly, the only rational conclusion is that they can and never have done anything right.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 10-18-2013 at 09:31 AM.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32517 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25