Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #76
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

True to both things but Davis gotta be an idiot for slacking in a contract year, he could have been looking at 8 digits.
The Goat is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #77
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,656
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
True to both things but Davis gotta be an idiot for slacking in a contract year, he could have been looking at 8 digits.
You're talking about the guy who got caught smoking pot several times?
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #78
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,551
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just don't understand why this coaching staff can't get Davis on the field in 2 TE sets. He can help the offense score yet they leave him on the bench.
Well, try to understand these things, as well:

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

2. Why can't the this coaching staff manage the clock?

3. Why can't the Redskins Special Teams do anything right?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.

Possible answer: This coaching staff sucks?
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #79
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,851
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, try to understand these things, as well:

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

2. Why can't the this coaching staff manage the clock?

3. Why can't the Redskins Special Teams do anything right?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.
1. Yup, I am with you on that.

2. Still hanging with you.

3. Yup, still looking good.

4. Oops, you just took a wrong turn into rehashed opinionated stupidville.

5. I dunno ... just like your list, it's all just opinion, but perhaps ... (a) b/c they were strapped with an offseason penalty that left unable to do anything but try to keep as many of the pieces of an NFC East Division winning team together as they could; (b) their star QB was still shaking off the rust and was not as far along as had been hoped causing the offense to sputter and forcing the defense coming back onto the field; (c) b/c the offensive players were performing at a sub-par level and turning the ball over to high powered offenses; (d) the offenses we faced were really good; or (e) the players on the field were missing more tackles than any other team in the league and led the league in allowing yards after contact (i.e. they were put in places to succeed, but failed to do so).

6. First - you know for a fact that (a) this is going on; and (b) the position coaches oppose it and believe it to be detrimental to the players and the actual in-game happenings? Cite me the quote/link please.

Even if KS is more "hands on" for certain aspects of the offense he supervises, maybe, just maybe, the OC thinks the position coaches under him need better supervision and assistance and is giving it to them in the same way any supervisor would assist their mid-level managers in hopes of locating problems and improving the final product? BUT NO ... You're right. Despite merely (what I suspect to be) vague rumors of "over involvement" in the work of his direct reports, the only possible conclusion is that KS is an intrusive, interfering micromanager who ignores his primary job.

7. It's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Possible answer: This coaching staff sucks?
Clearly, the only rational conclusion is that they can and never have done anything right.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.

Last edited by JoeRedskin; 10-18-2013 at 10:31 AM.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #80
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,474
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

...........Moved to MD from Denver?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #81
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,815
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well, try to understand these things, as well:

1. Why wouldn't this coaching staff stay with the no-huddle offense against a depleted Cowboys DL when it was working well and wearing down the Dallas defensive linemen?

2. Why can't the this coaching staff manage the clock?

3. Why can't the Redskins Special Teams do anything right?

4. Why would a HC leave a seriously injured Franchise QB in a game until that QB suffers a catastrophic knee injury?

5. Why did the Redskins defense give up 500 yards of offense in three consecutive games?

6. Why is the OC so hands-on in coaching the QB's and WR's rather than leaving it to the position coaches?

7. Etc., etc., etc.

Possible answer: This coaching staff sucks?
Well #4 that goes more on RG3. The player knows how injured he is more than the coach so that's more on the player IMO.

But the rest of it...I don't know. The coach can't go out there and tackle guys himself. But the clock management and the lack of hurry up, Kyle's shitty playcalling (still scratching my head over the QB draw from the 10 yard line) ...yeah that's total BS. I'm leaning towards Snyder cleaning house.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #82
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 826
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
You're talking about the guy who got caught smoking pot several times?
Lol ah man
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #83
Impact Rookie
 
Skins4L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 826
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Maybe this week I won't have to go back an read the game day threads and see who are supposed to be die hard fans letting theyre beer take over trashing our team like that. Shoe respect these guys wanna win. Don't make me state the obvious
__________________
ALL HAIL
Skins4L is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #84
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,551
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
6. First - you know for a fact that (a) this is going on; and (b) the position coaches oppose it and believe it to be detrimental to the players and the actual in-game happenings? Cite me the quote/link please.

Even if KS is more "hands on" for certain aspects of the offense he supervises, maybe, just maybe, the OC thinks the position coaches under him need better supervision and assistance and is giving it to them in the same way any supervisor would assist their mid-level managers in hopes of locating problems and improving the final product? BUT NO ... You're right. Despite merely (what I suspect to be) vague rumors of "over involvement" in the work of his direct reports, the only possible conclusion is that KS is an intrusive, interfering micromanager who ignores his primary job.

7. It's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault, it's all the coaches fault.
6 (highlighted part). Per SmootSmack on this board. I don't know if KS is micromanaging.

7. Never said it is all the coaches fault.

8 (new). I don't mind that you disagree with me but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be sarcastic and mocking next time.
__________________
Hope Springs Eternal
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #85
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,030
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Well #4 that goes more on RG3. The player knows how injured he is more than the coach so that's more on the player IMO.

But the rest of it...I don't know. The coach can't go out there and tackle guys himself. But the clock management and the lack of hurry up, Kyle's shitty playcalling (still scratching my head over the QB draw from the 10 yard line) ...yeah that's total BS. I'm leaning towards Snyder cleaning house.
You are correct. RGIII needed to be more honest with MS and KS. A large part of "knee gate" is on RGIII.

We all are in a position to see this. Over the summer RGIII made repeated public statements about how healed he was. Yet the guy I saw take the field against Philly was not the guy that RGIII described.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #86
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
Maybe this week I won't have to go back an read the game day threads and see who are supposed to be die hard fans letting theyre beer take over trashing our team like that. Shoe respect these guys wanna win. Don't make me state the obvious
Respect the shoes!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #87
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,805
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You are correct. RGIII needed to be more honest with MS and KS. A large part of "knee gate" is on RGIII.

We all are in a position to see this. Over the summer RGIII made repeated public statements about how healed he was. Yet the guy I saw take the field against Philly was not the guy that RGIII described.
RG3 is really his own worst enemy. I really do believe he thought he was healthy and focused on opening day and I don't think that there has ever been a point in time where he thought he WASN'T.

I haven't figured out if that's a good or bad thing.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #88
Camp Scrub
 
Krusheasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: EARTH
Posts: 64
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Loyalty by Black Boo featuring Blake - Son (Week 7)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySfq...ature=youtu.be
__________________
@KRUSHEASY
Krusheasy is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #89
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,474
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
RG3 is really his own worst enemy. I really do believe he thought he was healthy and focused on opening day and I don't think that there has ever been a point in time where he thought he WASN'T.

I haven't figured out if that's a good or bad thing.
Serious....
I want to hug his neck for the never say die...warrior mentality
.....and club him like a Harp Seal for endangering himself and that of the team!
But...gotta' love him..
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #90
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,526
Re: Skins vs DA BEARS pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
RG3 is really his own worst enemy. I really do believe he thought he was healthy and focused on opening day and I don't think that there has ever been a point in time where he thought he WASN'T.

I haven't figured out if that's a good or bad thing.
He's def his own worst enemy,going back to the seattle game for not pulling himself out.You can blame him or shanny,but thats another discussion.

Latest thing is he's saying he's trying to draw the penalty on out of bounds plays.First off,dude needs to shut the f ck up,why come out and say that? All that does is get bad attn focused on him and he might not get the calls now he would before.He even admits to slowing down in the Detroit game to try and draw a penalty
Robert Griffin III Says He Tries to Draw Penalties on Sideline Runs | Bleacher Report

2nd,he just needs to slide or get out of bounds without taking the hit,cmon Robert youve got to be smarter than that,the less hits the better
I'm seeing a real lack of maturity on his part coming out and saying a lot of the things he says
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31781 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25