Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins vs Bears postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Skins over Bears: game ball time
RG3 20 29.85%
Helu 16 23.88%
Reed 27 40.30%
Orakpo 2 2.99%
Other 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #121
Special Teams
 
Jayroc24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 320
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
crazy where all the haters go after a win
I am no hater, however I still believe that Haslett and Burns have to go or change. This is getting to be embrassing. As I have said before, I know that we got hit with the cap plenatly, but there are plenty of other teams that are consistently under the cap by that amount of money that perform a whole lot better than we do (Bengals, Cheifs, Patriots to name a few).

The special teams are terrible, I cant believe that by losing LA that they got that bad. He was a great player for us, but good lord the ST's are horrendous and need more than just one player. I dont know what the answer is, but that is why I don't coach in the NFL. I can sure as hell tell when a part of a team play like crap.

Hell of win yesterday, just disappointed in the performance of ST's and the defense.
Jayroc24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #122
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,882
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hester is one of the top return men of all time. I can't get too upset over him making a play. Teams are still a concern but at least it didn't cost us the game. Just gotta hope they can improve.

On another note it was great to see another defensive score. Rak finally gets the monkey off his back with his first pick and he did it in style with the pick 6.
The massive escort Hester had to the endzone was embarassing. Any decent returner could have scored that play. If my fat *** could have run that fast, I might have made it.

Loved seeing Hall play so well too. Not perfect, but he's really stepping up. Did Fletch look uncharacteristically lost to you too?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #123
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,383
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

The D and ST are what they are at this point. Changing coaches mid season rarely has a positive effect, so the best course is to just keep working for improvement with what we've got. At least the D has been opportunistic when it comes to scoring off turnovers. The cap penalty definitely impacted these units. Alexander probably wouldn't have gotten away and we could have brought in a quality safety or two.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #124
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,383
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The massive escort Hester had to the endzone was embarassing. Any decent returner could have scored that play. If my fat *** could have run that fast, I might have made it.

Loved seeing Hall play so well too. Not perfect, but he's really stepping up. Did Fletch look uncharacteristically lost to you too?
Fletcher hasn't done much all year. Par for the course yesterday.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #125
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,882
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Fletcher hasn't done much all year. Par for the course yesterday.
Hadn't noticed. Took him for granted lately. It was fun to watch him slide around, clog running holes, make OL miss, and make plays.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #126
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,552
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Since the first 2 games, the defense actually has been much better.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #127
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,989
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

I am sad to say it but it is past the time to stick a fork in Fletch.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #128
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Think Griffin played great down the stretch but I still think he takes unnecessary hits and shoves to the ground when he doesnt need to. When I watch Wilson play he hardly takes any hits at all. Maybe I am being too cautious but I love griff but he wont last taking these hits. what do you guys think?
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #129
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,383
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba305-ST21- View Post
Think Griffin played great down the stretch but I still think he takes unnecessary hits and shoves to the ground when he doesnt need to. When I watch Wilson play he hardly takes any hits at all. Maybe I am being too cautious but I love griff but he wont last taking these hits. what do you guys think?
Wilson has taken his fair share of hits this year.

Seahawks contact NFL front office about hit on Russell Wilson - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

You never want to see your QB getting hit. I think Griffin has been alot better this year about seeking out the sideline.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #130
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

I will say this about the zone read/read option; we re only good when we use it and run Griffin.

So for all those who want to get rid of it and think Robert can pass from the pocket like Aaron Rodgers, we get rid of it and RG3 and this team crumbles. We keep it and we have a much greater chance of winning.

And on a slightly different note, you all should have been rooting for Denver to win last night because now we have to play a pissed off Denver team at home next week. Not good.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #131
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,186
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
crazy where all the haters go after a win
**** you! FIRE SHANAHAN!!
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #132
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

What a find Jordan Reed has turned out to be. What I really like about the kid is he's
not into a bunch of stupid celebrating after the play. He shows up and and puts in work. Post game RGIII said he and Reed spent a lot of time together during the off season and his production is surprising.

I hate that this might be the end of the Fred Davis era and we probably won't get much in return for him, if anything at all.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #133
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,552
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I will say this about the zone read/read option; we re only good when we use it and run Griffin.

So for all those who want to get rid of it and think Robert can pass from the pocket like Aaron Rodgers, we get rid of it and RG3 and this team crumbles. We keep it and we have a much greater chance of winning.

And on a slightly different note, you all should have been rooting for Denver to win last night because now we have to play a pissed off Denver team at home next week. Not good.
I just think a more healthy RG3 physically and mentally and the fact we are starting to run the ball is the bigger difference regardless of the zone read. To say we are only good when we use it, Im not buying that. To say RG3 cant be a pocket passer after 20 games in his career is just not smart.

As for Denver, their defense is f8cking pure garbage. We should be in this game if we can keep this retard piece of shit special teams coach from f*cking up the game.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #134
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We won. It wasn't pretty. No need to bitch about firing people. My only complaint is Kyle needs to stop running RG3 so much. The kid is eventually going to get hurt again.

RGIII is not a pocket passer and needs to play to his strength. I would think after the past 4 weeks people would realize that its not hard to see.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #135
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Skins vs Bears postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I just think a more healthy RG3 physically and mentally and the fact we are starting to run the ball is the bigger difference regardless of the zone read. To say we are only good when we use it, Im not buying that. To say RG3 cant be a pocket passer after 20 games in his career is just not smart.

As for Denver, their defense is f8cking pure garbage. We should be in this game if we can keep this retard piece of shit special teams coach from f*cking up the game.
Well he has not shown himself to be a pocket passer but has shown he can perform on the move. When he is in the pocket he just stares down one player and thus all his ints this year.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28094 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25