Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #196
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,083
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I haven't seen anything from Rambo that says he deserves to be on the field.

Again, that could be said about some of the players that have been going out there every Sunday.

I guess we'll see what happens on Sunday. I would be fine with Rambo in there. But Peyton is likely to exploit whoever is back there unless we get some pressure on him anyway.
Chief X_Phackter is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #197
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,839
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Again, that could be said about some of the players that have been going out there every Sunday.

I guess we'll see what happens on Sunday. I would be fine with Rambo in there. But Peyton is likely to exploit whoever is back there unless we get some pressure on him anyway.
Except Rambo has the double whammy of being a rookie. Maybe in time he will develop. I'm not writing him off but from what we've seen so far he's just not ready.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #198
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

yeah Rambo has a cool name and all but he's terrible
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #199
Camp Scrub
 
Krusheasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: EARTH
Posts: 64
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Work Hard by Black Boo feat Twink on the drums (Week 8)

Work Hard by Black Boo feat Twink on the drums (Week 8) - YouTube
__________________
@KRUSHEASY
Krusheasy is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #200
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,768
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Except Rambo has the double whammy of being a rookie. Maybe in time he will develop. I'm not writing him off but from what we've seen so far he's just not ready.
Well, if our secondary was not so...........bad, these guys would have an opportunity to learn a bit (like a season or maybe two) before being thrown to the wolves. We need them to start right now...regretfully
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #201
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

2. The return of Shanahan: Mike Shanahan's return to Denver isn't getting the attention Peyton Manning had last Sunday night in Indianapolis, but it should. Shanahan established an incredible legacy leading the Broncos. He was 138-86, had seven trips to the playoffs and won two Super Bowls. Sure, it was John Elway's franchise, but Shanahan was the perfect caretaker. For Shanahan, facing the Broncos will bring back plenty of great memories and one bad one -- his firing. He didn't expect it. After being let go after the 2008 season, Shanahan sat for a year and then accepted Dan Snyder's invitation to coach the Redskins. Unfortunately for Shanahan, the Redskins aren't equal to the Broncos at the moment. Washington is 2-4 while the Broncos are 6-1. Manning is thinking Super Bowl. Shanahan is just trying to squeeze as much out of a cap-strapped roster as he can. Nevertheless, it should be an interesting scene.

[+] EnlargeRobert Griffin III
Brad Mills/USA TODAY SportsRedskins QB Robert Griffin III is steadily returning to his pre-injury form.

3. The recovery of RG III: Because of the Redskins' 2-4 start, fewer fans might be following the Redskins, but each week Griffin is getting better. Coming off a knee reconstruction, he looked as though he was playing at about 75 percent efficiency in the first few weeks of the season. Last Sunday's 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears illustrated his improvements. He threw for 298 yards and ran for 84. Since the Week 5 bye, Griffin has run the ball 20 times for 161 yards. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Griffin is now starting to keep the ball on read-option plays. He kept the ball on only two read-options in the first two games. In the past three, he's kept it 14 times for 100 yards. With no preseason and coming off a major knee injury, Griffin was expected to have a slow start. He's close to being back to where he was before the injury.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #202
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

NFL Week 8: Mike Shanahan's return to Denver is most expensive ticket - CBSSports.com
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #203
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,675
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Washington Redskins Name Change -- Where There's Smoke ... | TMZ.com

I would hope this is a JOKE
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #204
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 16,270
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's a bad joke.

No way that name ever happens...Dan has more common sense than that.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #205
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,508
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

NFL Week 8: Mike Shanahan's return to Denver is most expensive ticket - CBSSports.com

hot ticket folks
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #206
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,246
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #207
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,116
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Thought Doughty would try to give it a go, playing in front of his hometown. But looking less likely by the day
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #208
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,768
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
2. The return of Shanahan: Mike Shanahan's return to Denver isn't getting the attention Peyton Manning had last Sunday night in Indianapolis, but it should. Shanahan established an incredible legacy leading the Broncos. He was 138-86, had seven trips to the playoffs and won two Super Bowls. Sure, it was John Elway's franchise, but Shanahan was the perfect caretaker. For Shanahan, facing the Broncos will bring back plenty of great memories and one bad one -- his firing. He didn't expect it. After being let go after the 2008 season, Shanahan sat for a year and then accepted Dan Snyder's invitation to coach the Redskins. Unfortunately for Shanahan, the Redskins aren't equal to the Broncos at the moment. Washington is 2-4 while the Broncos are 6-1. Manning is thinking Super Bowl. Shanahan is just trying to squeeze as much out of a cap-strapped roster as he can. Nevertheless, it should be an interesting scene.

[+] EnlargeRobert Griffin III
Brad Mills/USA TODAY SportsRedskins QB Robert Griffin III is steadily returning to his pre-injury form.

3. The recovery of RG III: Because of the Redskins' 2-4 start, fewer fans might be following the Redskins, but each week Griffin is getting better. Coming off a knee reconstruction, he looked as though he was playing at about 75 percent efficiency in the first few weeks of the season. Last Sunday's 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears illustrated his improvements. He threw for 298 yards and ran for 84. Since the Week 5 bye, Griffin has run the ball 20 times for 161 yards. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Griffin is now starting to keep the ball on read-option plays. He kept the ball on only two read-options in the first two games. In the past three, he's kept it 14 times for 100 yards. With no preseason and coming off a major knee injury, Griffin was expected to have a slow start. He's close to being back to where he was before the injury.
Bull SHit!.....ALL Bullshit. Shanahan didn't do anything...
Gimmick Offense....
It was all Elway.....
It was the GM....
It was easy after the first SB...Week League/Division
Ancient History..soooo long ago Jesus played tight End..and Teams
And he looks like a Ferret.........an angry Ferret
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now  
Old 10-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #209
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,932
^ with a glass eye
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline  
Old 10-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #210
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Well, after thinking of Manning versus our defense all week, i've been in a down mood. And then I just remembered that he has Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker to throw to, as well as a decent TE. Oh, and the broncos also have Moreno, who has 8 rushing TD's this year.

*Goes to get revolver
Mechanix544 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32483 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25