Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #121
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
NO...."we" did not.
There's a lot of redskins nation that knew the best way to get Luck was to suck. Not all of redskins nation is on the warpath (sadly).
CultBrennan59 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #122
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
That has got to be the dumbest thing ever written on the Warpath.

If that were true, he would have just ridden Beck, the weaker of the two, rather than flip-flopping. There also are many other moves that he would not have made.

But that's not the strongest argument against your idiotic perspective. To wit:

To tank is to be intentionally uncompetitive. Such is against Shanahan's nature. Shanahan is inherently competitive.

Moreover, to tank is to take the coward's way out. And Shanahan is no coward.

Also, your point of view essentially accuses Shanahan of being incompetent, since he is paid to win each and every game. Plus it means that he is an incompetent tanker, since we ended up with the #6 pick, not higher.

So cite your sources which say otherwise.
1. It's a theory. There have been other fans, media, and other various outlets with this theory. No one has proof, and no one will get that proof, because shanahan is no idiot that would say now, or ever in his NFL coaching tenure that he was trying to tank a season.

2. Have you seen the movie/play the producers? Think of Shanahan as the director and beck and grossman as Max and Leo. It backfired on shanahan and became a lot more successful than he thought. Just like the play the producers.

3. You have heard dumber statements on this site but you choose to go after me because I know how to push your buttons
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #123
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,220
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Shanahan was trying to tank the season/suck for luck without saying it like others were saying. He was doing it by starting Beck and Grossman.

And no I am not valley ranch girl. Only one name my whole 5 ish years here.
Goat-ish
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #124
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,613
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
There's a lot of redskins nation that knew the best way to get Luck was to suck. Not all of redskins nation is on the warpath (sadly).
Moreover, to tank is to take the coward's way out. And Shanahan is no coward.
--Lotus
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #125
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,429
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
1. It's a theory. There have been other fans, media, and other various outlets with this theory. No one has proof, and no one will get that proof, because shanahan is no idiot that would say now, or ever in his NFL coaching tenure that he was trying to tank a season.

2. Have you seen the movie/play the producers? Think of Shanahan as the director and beck and grossman as Max and Leo. It backfired on shanahan and became a lot more successful than he thought. Just like the play the producers.

3. You have heard dumber statements on this site but you choose to go after me because I know how to push your buttons
You went through the trouble to stalk me on the internet yet it is you who push my buttons? BTW lawyer up, law enforcement may be visiting you.

You are going to quote a movie rather than recognize that Shanahan is in no way a cowardly, incompetent tanker?

I went after your statement because I have not heard dumber things on the Warpath. To think that an NFL coach of Shanahan's caliber and experience would tank is just idiotic.

The idea that the tooth fairy is real is a theory, too, and has a better chance of being real than the idea that Shanahan is so uncompetitive that he would tank.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny

Last edited by Lotus; 10-23-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Lotus is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #126
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 30
Posts: 4,226
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

i am goat, cult, and vrg
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #127
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,400
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

shannahan - "The guy who once played a football game with a ruptured kidney and didn't go to the hospital until he filled a sink with vomit three times and urinated bright red blood."

The idea that he's a guy that'd just say f it and toss games is ridiculous.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #128
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,613
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i am goat, cult, and vrg
......coo coo ca choo..
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #129
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,035
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

I think it's almost impossible to ask 53 men, majority of whom don't have job security and are always auditioning for their livelihood, to not try as hard so next year (by the way they might not be there next year) you can have a top draft pick. Imagine walking up to London fletcher who only had a couple of seasons left and trying to convince him not to try as hard.

Not to mention if you are a coach and go 1-15 you probably would be fired, no matter who you are.

I also think that just to make it to the NFL, you have to be one of the most competitive men in the US, especially if you are a coach, there are only 32 positions in the entire world. I don't think they have it in their DNA to want or even accept losing. Plus if the owner found out... Losing costs money. That's what owners care about most.

But of course, it's not the craziest thing that would have been done so you never know what happens behind closed doors.
donofriose is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #130
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,972
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
1. It's a theory. There have been other fans, media, and other various outlets with this theory. No one has proof, and no one will get that proof, because shanahan is no idiot that would say now, or ever in his NFL coaching tenure that he was trying to tank a season.

2. Have you seen the movie/play the producers? Think of Shanahan as the director and beck and grossman as Max and Leo. It backfired on shanahan and became a lot more successful than he thought. Just like the play the producers.

3. You have heard dumber statements on this site but you choose to go after me because I know how to push your buttons
"Theory" - a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

That's the thing about theories, they kinda require proof if you want to present them as fact. Otherwise theories are basically just opinions and if there's no proof, they can't be presented as fact. Just because a lot of people share the opinion that Shanahan tanked that season, doesn't mean he actually did.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is online now  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #131
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,696
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

I don't see how we can beat Denver. Their offense is just too good, and I don't think Peyton Manning will lose two in a row. However, if our offense steps up and scores a bunch of points, our front 7 on defense hits Manning hard and manages to rattle him, and we win the turnover battle, we just might be able to pull it out. My prediction: Redskins-31, Broncos-44.
__________________
"...there's no reason why this team can't win. There's no reason at all." - Scot

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #132
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,105
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Amazingly enough, two losses in a row is not uncommon for Manning
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #133
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 992
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Our two wins have come against teams minus their starting QBs.

So if Manning were to get injured against us this Sunday, and we beat them with Brock Osweiler as their QB, we're a better team because we won against a team minus their best player? It's more like an asterisk win in my book.
I think you're looking at this wrong . . . This could be an effective strategy. Where's Greg Williams?
WillH is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #134
Impact Rookie
 
WillH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 992
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Amazingly enough, two losses in a row is not uncommon for Manning
I agree with others that I think it's possible we pull out a win this week, but I have to say when the game clock was running out against Indy they showed Manning and where his brother would be sulking, the look I saw in Peyton's eyes was full of determination. Not that Peyton could singlehandedly beat us through sheer force of will, or could he?

I'm hoping RG3 can continue the torch passing that began last week, but I'm not overly confident in the team as a whole.
WillH is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #135
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,466
Re: Redskins vs Broncos Pre Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
in fairness we all have said tank for picks at some point or another
I havent.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40331 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25