Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Crofton, MD
Age: 44
Posts: 907
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

I believe the Redskins Ring of Fame was moved to FedEx Field when it first opened (actually JKC Stadium at the time)....they were probably actually new signs (or whatever you would call them) made, but you get the picture. If that is the case, it would made sense that the old ones may still be at RFK, but it's not like it matters since the Redskins don't play there anymore.

As for baseball in DC, I'm thrilled about it! Living in between DC and Baltimore, I always rooted for the Orioles, but never really considered myself an O's fan. Then over the past couple years the obnoxious Raven fans have really turned me off to Baltimore in general, so I will be very happy to support the Nat's. Not to mention Angelos is an asshole...
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #17
Puppy Kicker
 
Daseal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Age: 31
Posts: 8,210
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Redskins P: It meant the new stadium area is a dump and crime is out the roof. Regardless of what TAFKAS (still weird calling him that) says I doubt it will be cleaned up that quickly.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:15 PM   #18
Special Teams
 
John Hasbrouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 180
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

If that is the case bring it over to FedEx
John Hasbrouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsRock
I believe the Redskins Ring of Fame was moved to FedEx Field when it first opened (actually JKC Stadium at the time)....they were probably actually new signs (or whatever you would call them) made, but you get the picture. If that is the case, it would made sense that the old ones may still be at RFK, but it's not like it matters since the Redskins don't play there anymore.
Actually DC would not allow this since they got left a the altar by the Squire. But at least he pinched the mayors ass before he left. The ring of fame at RFK is different then the ring of fame at FEDEX. Many great past washington names are missing. FEDEX only has football related ones. No basketball (Wesley Unsled, Abe Pollin) , baseball (Frank Howard, Ted Williams) boxing (Sugar Ray Lenorad) or hockey(Did we have any on the Ring of Fame?) Would love to purchase a sign or two if Mr. Cope from the NAtionals makes them available.
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #20
The Starter
 
monk81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,029
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

They probably had to remove the Hall of Stars because they were probably remodeling to add a Steroid Pharmacy..........

Baseball is a cure for insomnia........ Have any of you actually stayed awake for an ENTIRE baseball game.....too boring!
__________________
"It's absolutely criminal, in my opinion, that Monk has yet to be enshrined (in the Pro-Football Hall of Fame)" Dan Arkush PFW
monk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:01 AM   #21
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,246
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by monk81
They probably had to remove the Hall of Stars because they were probably remodeling to add a Steroid Pharmacy..........

Baseball is a cure for insomnia........ Have any of you actually stayed awake for an ENTIRE baseball game.....too boring!
i think my grand dad actually stopped watching baseball in the 50s cause he thought it had gotten to slow then (apparently is used to be an extremely fast game before adjustments between EVERY single pitch...)
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #22
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
Redskins P: It meant the new stadium area is a dump and crime is out the roof. Regardless of what TAFKAS (still weird calling him that) says I doubt it will be cleaned up that quickly.

Oh Ok. I really didn't understand what you were saying. No doubt the area isn't the prettiest in the city, but you would have to think that there will be plenty of police and security around there.

Then again, its DC police and that's not saying much.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #23
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Crofton, MD
Age: 44
Posts: 907
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRT3
Actually DC would not allow this since they got left a the altar by the Squire. But at least he pinched the mayors ass before he left. The ring of fame at RFK is different then the ring of fame at FEDEX. Many great past washington names are missing. FEDEX only has football related ones. No basketball (Wesley Unsled, Abe Pollin) , baseball (Frank Howard, Ted Williams) boxing (Sugar Ray Lenorad) or hockey(Did we have any on the Ring of Fame?) Would love to purchase a sign or two if Mr. Cope from the NAtionals makes them available.
I understand that other sport figures would not be moved to FedEx, only Redskins ones......but how come "indoor" stars were on there? Don't they have something for them at the MCI Center? (moved from the Capital Centre of course)
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
CRT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rockville
Age: 51
Posts: 795
Re: RFK's Halll Of Stars TO Be Removed

Actually this is how we honored all of our stars in the area. How would and could we honor the great Sugar Ray? I believe there was even Elvin Hayes up.
__________________
16-0 for 2007
CRT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.19784 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25